1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heleor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Next week looks interesting though, whatever is in the box better be bloody epic and not some stupid 'devil' again.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  2. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I don't know, it wasn't this seasons best episode, but it was still pretty good in comparison to others.

I will admit it had more potential than it lived up to.
    I mean who was making their own tardis, was it timelord or someone else. Exactly what is the implication of Amy medling with her own timeline so much.

It all feels lke a downplay of a much larger plot line.

Like with the atmos stickers on everyones cars only to be revealed much later on. I'm looking for that to help explain whats what here.

They showed a van gogh flyer on the fridge, but that was more continuity than anything else.
    But that was interesting how they described all those alien races being present for the pandoricle.

Particularly since they were all the doctors enemy at some point. It seems their there to protect the pandoricle from the doctor.

3. Big D on a Diet

Big D on a Diet Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I didn't say that it was bad, just very lazy and mostly pointless. With, as you said, a great deal of wasted potential mixed in.

4. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I actually really enjoyed that episode. Kept me interested the whole way through, the big reveal was pretty average.

Next episode looks pretty epic. Also, I thought the 'devil' was pretty awesome actually Sorrows.

5. Big D on a Diet

Big D on a Diet Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

You're one of those people who saw "Norbit" in the theaters, aren't you?

6. Innomine

High Score:
    I'd never heard of that, until now. :/

I think I was happier like that.

I mean, it wasn't a classic episode or anything, and there weren't any real bad guys to boot. The excuse for not checking it out immediately was pretty bad as well. However, I did enjoy the episode as a character piece for the new Doctor, shows how he acts in situations other than life and death etc.

I was also stoned while watching it, which probably helped too.

7. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    A fair episode. Nothing groundbreaking by any measure, but fair.

So who was attempting to build a TARDIS?

There's a theory doing the rounds that, somehow, the man upstairs was actually the First Doctor, Hartnell. This is based off the brief half-glimpses of the hologram, and that creepy picture on the wall when Craig and what's her name were chatting:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

That seems like too much of a coincidence to pass off. Although it may just be a subtle nod or nothing at all.

8. kevo125

kevo125 Second Year

I was freaked out by that picture. It was just so random and it does look like a parodied version of the first doctor.
    But the old guy hologram doesnt really look like him (from what i was able to tell)
    The episode was pretty much blah except for the end. And the peek at next weeks episode. Anybody think they know what its going to be?
    Personally I think its going to be an evil/ opposite version of the doctor. Sort of like the dreamlord was the doctor's "dark side". I dont know why but it makes sense to me that they would insert something like that especially after what the dreamlord says at the end of his episode.
    Anybody else think that theory of the future doctor contacting Amy at certain important parts in the show is going to be similar to
    what Martha did when she was traveling the world in "The Last of the Time Lords". Like without him going to those specific times, he cant save the universe or earth or whatever it is he has to save

9. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    I'm predicting

It's the Doctor in the Pandorica, of course it is. 'There was a goblin. Or a trickster, or a warrior. A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. Nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it -- one day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world...' It would make the most sense.

Since the revival of the series its been a running theme that the Doctor is not always a good guy. He has actively chosen to destroy civilizations, and even this season has been forced to choose humanity over other races, condeming them to extinction.

10. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I'm predicting:

I agree with Joe, but as it goes with timeline of the show, right now Pandorica is empty and Doctor will be prisoner there after next episode.

11. kevo125

kevo125 Second Year

That would be interesting Celestin
    All his enemies are there to imprison him. To make sure that he enters the "cell". And on wikipedia it says that his friends are coming together to give him a warning. So it works out

Though im still going with the whole evil doctor thing. Maybe there is still a darker side to the doctor that was locked away. Like a darker persona that would meld with the Doctor. His enemies are there to make sure it doesnt come out or that would spell doom for them. His friends dont want him to become evil so they warn him. And a part of him doesnt believe it exists, like hes always saying the Pandorica is nothing but a fairy tale. But my idea is shaky at best. Aghh this is why i have waiting for season finales on this show

12. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

I am personally going for the return of the Time Lords and that this whole Pandorica thing is another set up for the Doctor to return them from where ever.

13. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I'm theorizing its the doctor after his next regeneration...

Where his personality has done such a complete 180 that he is in essence evil. So he will truly battle himself.

Then they will of course ret con it by changing the timeline which will be matt Smiths legacy, renewing the future by bringing the present time line to match the exact details of the real world and its history.

That way all those episodes which predicted our glorius space conquests by the 1980 in the first few seasons can be accounted for. And also opening up the universe for re exploration as everything will be new again.

tl;dr. Quazi dreams up a story line.

14. The Silent Knight

The Silent Knight Seventh Year

I actually really liked the last episode, not sure why, I just did. As for the next episode...Joe's theory seems the most likely to me too.

15. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

I am guessing the mystery box on earth is more lost Time Lord tech which will be used to bring back Omega, and as for the piece of the Tardis the Doctor found in that time crack I think it means nothing, when the Tardis was taken into the Darlek stronghold when they nicked the Earth the doors were just made of wood since they powered down the Tardis.

16. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

It was a trap

I stick by what I said earlier.

Let's face it, the only ones who are likely to fuck with the Tardis and know what they are doing are the Time Lords. If not them as a race, then I'm going for the master making a return.

Great episode.

17. Innomine

High Score:
    Pretty good prediction there buddy. :p

Good episode, can't wait to see the next.

18. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Okay guys.

Remember the End of Time special?

What the Time Lords were planning at the end of the time war?

Well, imagine what would have happened if the Doctor hadn't stopped them.

Yeah, that's right. That's happening right now.

The Doctor never existed, so the universe is tearing itself apart.

Mind explode; que.

19. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Awesome episode was awesome.

First off, I was very relieved when...
    Rory just turned out to be a robot or what have you. I liked that resolution better than a random revival 'cause of true wuv. Plus, I'll hedge a bet and say the guy's done for overall, robot or no.

Second, River is fucking awesome. The opening bit was great, what with the tying of the previous episode's events and tying them around River being awesome. Forget "Geronimo", "Hello Sweetie" is this year's catch phrase.

And yeah, whole ep was good stuff. Nice and epic - I was very relieved this wasn't just one villain. There's something rather scary about a whole bunch of them teaming up just this once to imprison the Doctor.

Not much else to say except that June 26th can't come fast enough. And then time off 'til April or so, which is a shame but I'll accept if it gets Moffat time to recharge and make more awesome.

20. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

The "good man" that River said she killed in "Flesh and Stone" is so Rory!bot.

Rory's whole IAMRORY bit and the whole tragically-shooting-amy-because-he-couldn't-control-his-nature shit is a perfect setup to it.