1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP 5-Starred and Featured Authors C2

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by enembee, Aug 15, 2010.

?

Should we expand the C2 to include non-HP stories?

1. Yes

9.0%
  2. No, Create a New C2 for 5-Starred Non-HP Fics

80.6%
  3. No, Don't bother

4.5%
  4. No strong opinion

6.0%
  1. Anme

Anme Professor

I'd say no because a lot of the stuff in it isn't complete.

2. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

So I subscribed a couple days ago. And I'm liking what I'm seeing on the list so far.

3. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

I'm actually confused on that now...because on the Members List page (where I got my numbers) it shows a lower number than the homepage (where Teresoul got his numbers)....what gives, Raven ?

Regardless, them bishes need to join up.

4. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gerk... Well... It's not my best work, although I personally like some of what I did in chapter two - I think it's kind of like my first real foray into HP parody (which remember, this is from four years ago). I never continued it because it kind of just petered out on me. Do I want it gone? Not especially, but I wouldn't really have a problem if it was voted out. It is an old story, after all, and standards weren't as high back then. If this was a recent story, I'd say it doesn't meet standards - considering its age, I'm not sure.

5. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Not really an answer to this question, but when when you said yesterday it was at 5791, the front page said 6296, and I checked only minutes after you posted that number. now the front page says 6301, so really we've only gained 5 members in that 12+ hour time frame if that number can be trusted (to be updated in real time).

6. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

I went ahead and slapped a link on my ff.net page. It may not get seen at all, since I haven't written any stories, but anyone who's looking at my profile for my favorites will see it, I guess.

7. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

This really is a good idea that most people should be doing, authors in particular. Frequent reviewers as well. Can't take that much effort to just toss a link to the C2 and a basic description at the top of your ff.net profile. After looking at how many hits certain Authors profile pages get in the ff.net stats thread, well - that's a lot of potential advertising.

8. Teresoul

Teresoul Seventh Year

TAKE A LOOK AT THE BEST C2 EVER - DLP 5-Starred and Featured Authors
    SUBSCRIBE TO THE BEST C2 EVER - DLP 5-Starred and Featured Authors - Trust me on this one!

This was all I did actually. You can copy-paste to your profile if you're lazy.

Here's the code:

Code:
    <p><strong><a class="myborder" href="http://www.fanfiction.net/community/DLP_5_Starred_and_Featured_Authors/84507/"><em>TAKE A LOOK</em></a> AT THE BEST C2 EVER - DLP 5-Starred and Featured Authors</strong></p><p><strong><a class="myborder" href="http://login.fanfiction.net/alert/community.php?action=add&amp;c2id=84507"><em>SUBSCRIBE</em></a> TO THE BEST C2 EVER - DLP 5-Starred and Featured Authors - Trust me on this one!</strong></p>
    Use the Edit HTML Source button in your profile editor and paste that^ at the very beggining. Click Update and then Update Profile. Job done.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  9. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

We have not had that many new users. We had 9 users yesterday and 4 today. I don't believe banned users count.

10. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For anyone who's still interested. When FFNet gets its shit together, we'll be in the top 20.

Also, for those doubting the effectiveness of C2s:

C2 Hits in 3 Days:

For the month of 2010-08, there have been a total of 6,464 Hits and 1,930 Visitors to all of your communites.

My Profile Hits This Month (2 weeks in)
    August Stats: For the month of 2010-08, there have been a total of 1,449 Hits and 1,142 Visitors to your Profile page.

My Profile Hits Last Month (4 weeks)
    July Stats: For the month of 2010-07, there have been a total of 2,020 Hits and 1,636 Visitors to your Profile page.

My Story Hits This Month (2 weeks in)
    August Stats: For the month of 2010-08, there have been a total of 7,845 Hits and 4,263 Visitors to all of your stories.

My Story Hits Last Month (4 weeks)
    July Stats: For the month of 2010-07, there have been a total of 9,269 Hits and 4,911 Visitors to all of your stories.

As you can see at the half way point of this month, I've almost received as many hits as I did for the full month in July. I know for a fact my profile was in the 900 region before the C2 was started, so I've seen a major increase there.

It'd be nice to know how you guys are doing.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  11. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

/subscribed

Kudos to you NMB for the hard work.

When I get some time on the weekend, I'll pimp the C2 in my FF profile page. Also whenever I happen to update Sitra Ahra.

12. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

Now we just need to get in the top 15 (and knock off Harry and Draco's Love Shack).

13. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    It's a little hard to tell just yet, but the last days appear higher than the mean, with around 10-20% more hits to stories and profile than before the C2.

I'd be hard pressed to call it a trend just yet, since my daily counts can vary by quite a lot. This month, I have as low as 251 story hits one day and 632 hits just four days later (both before the C2). The 2 days after listing in the C2 are 589 and 574 story hits/day. Profile hits are similar.

14. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    As someone who hasn't updated in a long time, I can spot an instant trend with about 3x the number of hits in the last couple of days compared to a very static time prior.

15. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

16. IdSayWhyNot

IdSayWhyNot Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Yeah, I haven't seen any increased traffic yet...

Oh, wait.

17. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

No increased traffic here, but that could be because my stories aren't in the c2 :)

18. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

AND THEY NEVER WILL BE!

*ahem* As you were. >_>

19. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Awesome [c2/thread/idea/thing] is awesome. :awesome:awesome:awesome:awesome:awesome
    Climbed Everest: Check.
    Punched God in the face: Check.
    Next up, a polar bear.

I subscribed too.

20. redshell

redshell Order Member

Subbed. I support this.