1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Halfway to the end of the episode. If it ends anywhere near as badly as it has been so far, I'm quitting the show. It's dead to me.

RANDOM UNEXPLAINED POORLY THOUGHT OUT RESURRECTIONS!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

It ended as badly as it was halfway through.

What a piece of shit season opener.

3. ShadowKat

ShadowKat Second Year

Well that happened.

Next weeks looks to be better, here's hoping.

4. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Up until now, I thought season three had the worst opener.

I stand corrected.

5. Invader.Azula

Invader.Azula Seventh Year

So that happened...

Yeah, I miss Cas already. And the Campbells are total douches. And when did Sam turn into such a complete dick?

6. Fiat

I've watched this show for five years of my life. I loved it. It was like family to me. There was a point in time when it was the best thing on t.v for me.

Right now, if everyone involved in it's production died violently, painfully, and immediately, I would consider it a personal favour from the almighty.

7. IdSayWhyNot

IdSayWhyNot Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

That bad, huh? Well, we'll always have Dragon Ball Evolution. Or the Last Airbender. Or the Harry Potter movies.

Oh, wai...

8. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Well that was disappointing on so many levels.

I can see why Dean doesn't want to hunt with any of his family. They're all dicks. Bobby included.

9. Fiat

Dean is motherfucking miles ahead of every other hunter alive. Sam only managed to be as good or better than Dean once he started using unholy demon powers.

The way they all seem to think he's totally incompetent is hilarious. Dean faced down Satan as a badass normal.

I'm only watching this show again if it turns out the grandfather isn't really back, but is either being impersonated or is a demon. Same goes for the rest of the family.

10. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

OK.
    First, girl thing - Sam's haircut is awful. It actually looks dirty, like he doesn't wash it. It's limp. Shallow thing to notice, but it's repulsive.

Second: Sam's obviously deeply affected by the cage. He's high-functioning, but he said it himself - he isn't emotionally involved with the civilians/victims anymore. Toward the end of S5, he was already getting pretty remote from any individual except Dean, Cas, and Bobby. The rest of it was the job. He was delighted to be a hero, but that existed, oddly, in a certain amount of isolation. Save the ... sheep, get approval from Dean and Bobby, get adoring looks from the rescued people, leave.

Third : No One actually asked Dean what *he* wanted. Everyone was so sure that they knew what he should want, that they knew what was best for him, and there was no real interest in his opinions. In fact, the Campbells were universally mildly contemptuous of him for leaving the Hunting lifestyle, although Sam guilted Dean into it, and then manipulated him to staying there even though he knew that the reason Dean wasn't hunting was voided with Sam's escape. [Sam needs a spanking. Asshole.]

Four: Sam found the Campbells and managed to prove himself to them. That's weird on several levels, not just the "fact" that Mary's father died.

Five: How did Sam go from dead to being able to afford to outfit himself from the ground up, including a tricked-out car, in one year? The Campbells helped, I'm sure, but that's a major outlay. I didn't get a good look at Sam's car - what make and model is it?

That's enough for right now, I think.

11. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Yes, yes. Considering how badass and epic the last season's finale was, this was like watered down whiskey.

There was no punch. No grand scope or overriding sense of imminent danger.

The Campbells and Granddad were lame. So, so lame. I'm guessing they exist solely to be killed off across the season, but Dean should have been owed some motherfuckin' respect. He's seen and done more than any of them.

Which may suggest they're not as human as they seem, I guess. I hope so, because they added absolutely nothing to what can still be an awesome show.

12. Fiat

All of the above is correct.

But the flaws in this show run deeper than just this episode. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a total retcon from the beginning of season 4 would be necessary to make it anywhere near as good as it used to be. Possibly season 3, but the problem with that was the writer's strike.

Fuck, that really needs to be written. If I have any time, I'll do it myself.

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

The hell did I just watch?

14. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Exactly my thoughts.

15. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

I liked it. Didn't go in with any lofty expectations, really. But it was still fun.

16. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    While I don't think it was as bad as people are making it out to be, several things annoyed me. Same things that annoyed everyone else apparently.

Dean faced down three horseman, Lucifer and Micheal as well as Death himself and lived to tell the tale. Sam dragged both the archangels into the lowest pitts of hell and spent what must have been an eternity down there with them.

They come back and some greasy haired, inbred cousins are acting like they run the show? Gidlack to that. This is the Winchester Gospels, not the Campbell Gospels.

Grandad Campbell is an annoying piece of shit too, tbh.

Sam's hair's bugged me since season three.

Not enough Bobby.

No Crowley or Castiel, but at least they'll be back at some stage this season.

17. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Sera Gamble needs to die.

This show should have died a glorious death now... maybe it'll get better in Season Eight...

EDIT:
    I reiterate ; Sera Gamble needs to die.

18. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Agreed to all of that but the way they behaved, the Campbell douchebags I mean, it was pretty clear that they have an ulterior motive that Dean and Sam will oppose at some point, hence why they took one djinn in secret.

So I guess that at some point, we will see Dean and Sam curb-stomping them. I really hope Cas is back in the next episode, telling Dean, and us, what exactly is going on.

Also, was it me or did Sam lie a lot this episode? May be that he felt awkward and tortured from hell but it sure looked like he was trying to trick Dean.

Edit: my problem wasn't that Dean had gone soft, he was actually the only likable person in this episode and I believe that his development was believable and logical.

The episode just seemed so lackluster

19. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Question number ... er ... several.
    Where is Ruby's knife?
    The weapon doesn't work on angels, so there is no reason for Sam to have it when he accepts Lucifer. It's a demon slayer but I don't remember anyone using it against any other creature. Although it's a nasty-looking blade even discounting the runes. Any wound would be ugly.
    If Dean had gone completely non-active as a Hunter, and only maintained passive defenses, then he *might* have given it to Bobby with instructions to pass it along to active Hunters. The problem with that theory is that Dean was actively researching ways to get Sam out of the Cage. He must have known that no one else would be willing to risk breaching the security of the Cage in an attempt to rescue Lucifer's Vessel. So Dean would be stuck attempting any rescue alone - and the Knife could be vital.

And a different issue:
    Where the hell (so to speak) is Adam?

20. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hopefully still in the cage. That guy was annoying as shit.