1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP 5-Starred and Featured Authors C2

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by enembee, Aug 15, 2010.

?

Should we expand the C2 to include non-HP stories?

1. Yes

9.0%
  2. No, Create a New C2 for 5-Starred Non-HP Fics

80.6%
  3. No, Don't bother

4.5%
  4. No strong opinion

6.0%
  1. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Fuuuuuuck. We need to get on this shit!

2. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

It probably has something to do with the fact that additions to the C2 are very sporadic. 1 story in the past 2 months?

3. The Arid Legion

The Arid Legion Professor

Maybe it should become the DLP 4 to 5-Starred and Featured Authors C2?I don't really get it though, I mean on the main page it says that DLP has over 6000 members. Well if so then why the bloody fuck haven't the rest of them subscribed? Grow some fucking patriotic balls people!

4. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

So, the only way to make more people to subscribe to DLP C2 is to lower its standards? I'm against it. If they don't know what is good, their lost.

5. The Arid Legion

The / fans have taken over.:( They're everywhere I say. The only answer is to get more good non-/ writers on to FFN. We need more stories.

6. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Easy there, no need to be paranoid.

My suggestion is simply that we update the C2 with some of the recent additions of the Library. There's a significant number of fics that were recently added within the past week - if the admins of the C2 could quickly add those in, it might generate some more traffic.

7. Mutt

Mutt High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

The whole point of the C2 is to bring the best stories to the front of the fandom, and allow easy access to them. Not to be #1 and beat the slash fans. Yes, that'd be nice as well, but to lower the standards of the C2 just to win is just wrong.

:mad:

8. The Arid Legion

I'm gonna go ahead and say that that was sarcasm. Yeah . . . that's exactly what it was. I mean not even a retard like me would be serious about something like that.:backpedal

This actually reminds me of this one excellent fic that I found one night while browsing FFN aimlessly.

>wanders off to the lost story section<

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Your idiocy runs rampant throughout these forums, I see.

10. The Arid Legion

I blame the vuvuzelafags.

[​IMG]

They've destroyed all of my braincells man. Not that I had that many to begin with. South Africa is a harsh place to live.

11. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

What?! I thought that was the point! I subscribed to beat severitus, I haven't used C2s since 2005.

12. Mustaine

Mustaine Second Year

Well, you must have been really glad when they stopped. :p

/mindless patriotism

On topic, couldn't the admins edit the welcoming PM and include a link to the community in it? I don't know how many members register per day, but if all of them were invited to visit the C2 since they join the site maybe it would make a difference.

13. Mutt

Mutt High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Not a terrible idea in my book. I know that most new members are referred right away in their intros, but that might not be enough. Anyone know the ratio of new members to new members who actually write an intro? I know most of the newbs visiting The Santi's thread (and dear God, there's a lot of them) don't post intros and are never really heard from outside of that thread. They're a good untapped resource.

14. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I dont think you guys see the problem with this crap. Hp fandom is becoming a nightmare of slash and moronic writters. I barely ever use ff.net anymore, as most readable stories left are found here.

I don't remember if it was an official DLP logo, or something I read on some authors intro, but I checked out this forum under the assumption that it was "the last bastion of fanfiction of fanfiction" and the years only reinforced that notion.

It is our legacy to bring good, well written stories to this, or any other fandom, if only to prevent the shitload of self repressed teenagers writting their slashfest so they can get off.

Getting number the number one spot is crucial. Maybe then people will start their fandom experience with good stories, and give up on read the crap bellow our community.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  15. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I still read what I'd call 3-star fanfiction. It's like staying at a Holiday Inn. You don't expect it to be amazing, so when the eggs are nice and fluffy in the morning you are pleasantly surprised, but not angered when the bacon twists around your fork like a noodle.

And if you are going to rag on the troves of apparently shitty writers in the FFN community, try to do it with proper spelling and grammar. :facepalm

16. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Methinks you take this a bit too seriously.

17. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Who eats bacon with a fork?

But I agree that we need to get good fanfiction more press.

18. Antix_Shadows

Antix_Shadows First Year

Yeah, i saw that a couple of days ago and didn't know whether to be angry or just sigh. What the fuck did they do, the same thing we did and get everyone they know plus extra accounts to subscribe? It's not right I tell ya!

19. CleanRag

CleanRag Professor

To everyone who cried themselves to sleep over being topped by a slash C2. Here is an exert from the C2's description.

Not that severitus (however it is spelled) is a good challenge. But it is about 8000X more of a realistic divergence from canon than Slash.

20. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Let me guess, you ^ are one of those fucking traitors subscribed to that C2.