1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heleor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Anyone else notice how many mistakes this incarnation is making?

2. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

can you explain what you mean, using a 125 characters or less?

3. TrueBlueJP90

TrueBlueJP90 First Year

As amazing as it is, I'd have to say this episode is the best of Smith's run so far. Could be the fact that I only just finished watching it, but I haven't been so into an episode since I saw Blink for the first time.

Smith's acting was brilliant through the entire show, and the chick playing the TARDIS was damn near perfect. Their interplay really made the episode.

I'm positive everything the TARDIS was going on about at the start were clues to the rest of the season. The mid-season split is going to be brutal.

"Biting, it's like kissing only someone wins!" Priceless.

4. Jon

Sure;

The Eleventh Doctor is making a lot more mistakes in confrontations with his deductions than other incarnations.

5. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    This is true.

The last two episodes alone (SPOILERS):

1. Was 'duped' into believing there were still some Time Lords alive, even though he knows they're all dead, then had the TARDIS stolen.

2. The entire pirate episode was one big mistake, but the Doctor's theories were flawed every time regarding the Siren.

There may be something to it. I read a theory some time ago that the Eleventh Doctor was, literally, 'a mad man with a box'. Which is to say, he is no longer just quirky-mad, but insane, and is more prone to mistakes because of this.

Regardless, yeah, that would be something to see. A story where the Doctor goes over the edge so completely that he actually fails.

I've high hopes for the mid-season episode, which I believe is titled 'A Good Man Goes to War'. Supposedly it features the original Cybermen.

6. JimmyCranberry

JimmyCranberry High Inquisitor

Epic epic episode. I was looking forward to it all week, and boy did it deliver. Can't wait for next week's now. Or the week after.

Sometimes, I wish I'd done what I did last year and not watched any of them until the season is about to finish, then power-watched the whole season.

Also, I'm so shipping Doctor/ Tardis.

7. Jon

Remember a few seasons ago when going outside of the Universe was something only theorized?

This episode. "LET'S GO OUTSIDE OF THE UNIVERSE AND INTO HELL!"

He might just really be insane.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  8. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Or, this is technically an extrapolated recreation of the original universe and so some of the rules are different from before, but nobody knows or realizes because to them, it's always been that way. Which I'm okay with.

On topic of his being insane:

"I'm a madman with a box... WITHOUT A BOX!"

:awesome

9. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

I could dig the idea that he's actually going mad, because it has the potential to get darker in time, so much so that the Valeyard creation in between his twelfth and thirteenth incarnations would be a natural progression - the Valeyard would split off, and the future incarnations would be less mad or something. I personally think Eleven's less mad and more... spotty. Easily distracted by something cool or shiny.

Yeah, epic episode was epic. My favourite line that hasn't been mentioned here was at the start, with the Doctor ending a story with, "And then we discovered it wasn't the Robot King after all; it was the real one. Fortunately I was able to reattach the head."
    Rory to Amy: "Do you believe any of this stuff?"
    Amy, exasperated: "I was there.

Also, I think this episode's Rory Death of the Week was my favourite, if only for the creepy writing on the walls that accompanied the corpse. HATE AMY KILL AMY DIE AMY.

Oh, and a song for the occasion. Could do with a female voice given this episode, but yeah.

10. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Man, the writing on the walls was actually really creepy to me. Incredibly well done.

I also want to emphasize Trueblue's point, The Doctor's acting in this episode was absolutely fantastic, and I think the interaction between him and the Tardis added a whole new dimension to his character, as well as fleshing out some other parts.

My favorite line of the show was "You gave me hope and then took it away, that's enough to make anyone dangerous God knows what it will do to me."

The delivery of this line also served to emphasize my love of Smith's acting. The way he said it... was not quite usual. There wasn't a long enough pause between 'dangerous' and 'god', which really did make him seem less human. At least in my opinion.

11. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Aged to death - heh.

12. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Does anyone else feel like Rory was an idiot?

"Why should I keep you alive?"
    "Because every Tardis pilot needs companions? Duh"

It's worth a try, even if House would probably not bite. It's telling at this point he's more likely to suggest his own gruesome death that kiss ass.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  13. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

While I see the logic in that, I thought that this was actualy a good moment for Rory.

He made a giant leap in deduction, understanding what drove House. It actually felt like a Doctor Line but coming out of Rory's mouth.

14. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Rewatching the episode for the 4th time.

Why am I not getting bored of this at all? :D

"We have now reached the point in the conversation where you open the loc."

Love Idris' expression as she says that.

15. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Is that just me or does really Doctor's bow tie look like it's keeping changing its color between red and blue in this and the last one episode?

16. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yes. That's because he wears different bowties sometimes. In at least one episode it's signified present/future Doctor (The Impossible Astronaut). I think the rest of the time it just signifies that the other one is in the wash, or whatever.

OR DOES IT?!

17. Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude Fourth Year

You've only just picked up on that? It kept switching all through the last series too, you know. And his suspenders also change colour at the same time his bow tie does.

Fuck. Now I can't stop thinking that when ever the Doctor's bow tie was blue he was in fact from a different point in his timeline than when it's red... Which just adds a whole load of weird connotations to every episode it's been blue in.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  18. The Silent Knight

The Silent Knight Seventh Year

How had I not noticed that...Oh dear. I don't know if my brain will be able to handle just quite what this could mean.

19. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

It is Voldemort, lots and lots of Voldemorts.

20. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I suppose there's no question of who'd win between Human and Ganger's in a game of 'Got your nose'.

Anyway, these guys are as freaky as the Angels are scary.