1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heleor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Pretty decent episode, although I reserve full judgement until part 2. Great concept, good writing, and some meaty moments from Rory. And yeah, the Gangers are a little bit freaky.

the Doctor-Ganger was rather obvious though. Not bad, just obvious.

2. JimmyCranberry

JimmyCranberry High Inquisitor

Enjoyable episode. I'm looking forward to the second part, will be fun.

I loved this quote from our resident cat. Although I'm pretty sure he's exceeded nine lives.
    Best. Line. Ever.

Only a little, but I bet there was a large portion of the viewing audience who didn't make the connection.

3. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

No... it was obvious. The moment we knew what the Flesh was for, the audience knew this would happen.

It kind of reminds me of the Voyager episode on the Y class planet.

Silver blood or whatever it was called. I liked that plot line and what they did with that.

On a side note... I wish, for once, some random human didn't screw it up for everyone. I would have liked it more if it proved to be one of the Gangers who just kind of lost it and freaked the hell out.

The Mom from the Hungry Earth comes to mind explosively.

Still a good episode.

I think based on the preview of next week episode we might finally get some thing more about the peep hole lady.

She seemed more prominent.

4. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Oh Christ, It'll be like the Forest of Angels. He's running around in his own past.

5. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

Three thoughts.

1. This week's episode was fucking slow, and probably could be summed up in one episode.

2. Voldemort is Taure's ganger.

[​IMG]

6. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

7. JimmyCranberry

JimmyCranberry High Inquisitor

I used to watch it back in the day, but all but forgot about until your post.

It sounds interesting, and I'll probably watch the series, but the last series wasn't exactly great. For the most part, I feel it's like they've taken the bad DW plots and stuck on a few non- pre-watershed moments to make it have an appeal.

8. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

Hopefully I have time now till hopefully mid September. I'll watch then.

9. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So...

Overall, a pretty decent two parter. Some nice, if not terribly original themes, some glorious acting from Matt Smith, and a hell of a lot of HSQ.

Totally didn't see that coming. When do we think Amy went missing? The obvious conclusion is after the Silence kidnapped her in 'Day of the Moon', but she was seeing Eyepatch Lady before that...and of course, this is assuming her pregnancy hasn't been sped up. It will have been a lot earlier if not.
    The Doctor now knows that he is going to die. Haven't seen much about that yet, but I can't wait to see his reaction.

Trailer for next week: Link (or youtube)

Preview sequence: Link

10. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

Episode 2 would be my guess.

11. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

The Almost People was a great finale to the two-parter. In fact, it's one of the best revived!Who episodes yet. Although, given the melodrama of the RTD era show. that's to be expected of an episode that truly attempts to deal with the human condition.

Anyway.

Oh my god the preview. Oh. My. God.

Steven Moffat, you should be the new God, not Castiel.

Shit's taking a truly hard scifi turn, and that is fucking amazing.

12. Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude Fourth Year

What? WHAT?

Amy's not Amy? Did not expect that.
    I seem to be having quite a few WTF moments with this series. Oh God, how I wish a week had passed already... Then again, it's obviously going to end on a huge cliffhanger, and we won't see the resolution until September. I'm seeing a pretty big downside to the decision to split the series in two right now.

13. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

I think the funniest part about this episodes is that on another forum, someone called out the plot twist at the end of this episode completely.

His post in its entirety:
    What would happen if the original and copy get out of sync, and the original is pregnant and the ganger isn't?

14. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Just saw the prequel and the 30 second trailer on youtube. Can't wait should be fucking epic. When the doctor gets pissed it nearly always promises good things.

15. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

These two episodes have reminded me a lot of Hungry Earth/Cold Blood from last year, what with the similar themes and the second episode tying into the arc storyline. I will say I liked this two-parter more than Hungry Earth/Cold Blood, mostly for the characters. So yeah, good episode all in all, with an excellent last five minutes.

Next week:
    "WHERE. IS. MY. WIFE?" The return of badass!Rory. I approve. Oh, and River reveal! But... dammit, last episode for a while. Hope the cliffhanger's not too horrible.

16. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Good episode... yes...

But more importantly, next episode. I really can't believe that River's reveal isn't think I am looking forward to next.

The prequel looks incredible.

17. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Is there another link to the prequel? I can't watch it, :/.

I think Amy was taken during the period when the group split up to learn about the Silence in between episode 1 and 2.

It was a number of months before the group was reunited too. I have six months in my head for some reason.

18. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Prequel Youtube link

Here you go. I also corrected your grammar for you.

19. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    A good conclusion to the two-parter.

So, Rory's been fucking a fleshlight for the better part of a year? Heh. Aye? Aye?

Right. So Amy told the real Doctor she saw him die. That's trouble.

Cool that everyone except Rory died in some way in this episode.

Roranicus Pondicus looks like he's going to be takin' names next week. Looking forward to it.

20. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Well that was a great conclusion to the two parter. I thought he was good last year, but somehow Matt Smith manages to keep on getting better. Eleven is my favourite incarnation of the Doctor and it isn't even close. The Rebel Flesh made it seem fairly obvious what was going to happen in part two, but the twist at the end of The Almost People completely blindsided me. I just hope next week's cliffhanger isn't too bad, or it's going to be a long, long summer.

No way. Series one and two were dragged down by a few terrible episodes each, but Torchwood: Children of Earth was outstanding!