1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heleor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Covil

Covil Fourth Year

Hm, I'm not sure Amy did tell the Doctor about his death. The Doctor she told had that crazy moment at the same time as the other Doctor but much stronger, and I don't see how that's possible unless she told the doppelganger. Unless they say specifically when they switched shoes in which case I am stupid.

Well anyway I really enjoyed this second half a lot more than the first half. Two Doctors is win.

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  2. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

To answer your curiosity Covil.

It is shown quite clearly that they do it at the very start of the episode. Just watch the shoes. It sticks on the shoes for a long while and if the camera and The Doctors are in the same place, I do believe they were. It is easy to tell that The Doctor who Amy thought was a Ganger was actually The Actual Doctor. So, in short, yes, Amy did tell The Real Doctor about seeing him die.

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  3. JimmyCranberry

JimmyCranberry High Inquisitor

... wut?

/fill- Actually, I have one issue.

After one of the most awesomest/ most mindbending finishes to an episode of anything I've watched in a long time (though I don't watch much, so that isn't saying much), and then the simply epic-looking prequel/ ad-thing, I do have to wonder just how much they plan to squeeze into next week's episode. Do we ahve any word on whether it'll be an extended one? If not, there'll be a great deal of unresolved issues until September, by which time a large part of the audience will have forgotten these issues and gotten out of the groove with it all. I can't help but think that BBC may have shot themselves in the foot slightly, as there'll be leaving even more people than usual scratching their heads with this 'split series' move.

Oh well, I'll be having a marathon DW catchup in the weeks before part two starts. The masses can kiss my chocolate salted- you get the picture.

I'm not sure 'outstanding' is what sprang to mind. Better than series one and two, yes. Anywhere near how good it could ahve been? No. There's a lot of untapped potential there which can only be achieved with improved writing which doesn't try to be ridiculous all the damn time. Maybe if they stick Moffat on some scripts in his spare time this summer it'd become outstanding.

4. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Lolwut. That bitch is srsly creeping. Fantastic episode, really enjoyed Matt Smith's acting in it. Felt bad for Rory though. Although now I suppose we know why Amy kept seeing that woman all the time.

5. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Like most people I saw the switch coming as soon as the doctor(s) said that Amy may not trust us...

The end though was great. Complete mind fuck.

I'm also glad that in the end the monsters were just as bad as the humans in their douchery. Unlike most Dr. Who episodes where the humans tend to screw everyone over, in this case, monster Jen was the worst of them all.

To be honest this episode didn't really stand out for me as it was just kind of filler. And really thats what it was; the only purpose to this entire two parter was for the end. Just like the hungry earth episode.

The baby, may or may not be the doctor's from what the trailer seems to hint at, but I still say its River Song.

Secondary theories as I may be completly wrong, as Moffat will throw another mind fuck at me.

Maybe a resurrection of a timelord. The Other or Omega perhaps?

I wouldn't put it past this season to ressurect the creators of Time lord Society. Especially since they've already had everyone and their mother build a functioning Tardis.

6. Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude Fourth Year

Which in and of itself is screwing with it, since TARDISes were grown, not built.

7. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

Yes, but it wasn't like they built the TARDIS from nothing. They built it from the remains of more than one already grown TARDIS. And they only built the most basic thing they could.

8. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    They've had two TARDISes - the one the Silence had was pretty clearly the one from the Lodger, and we have no idea how that one appeared. It could have been grown, for all we know.

Also, in the most recent Doctor Who Confidential, one of the producers said that Ganger Amy had been running around with the Doctor for six episodes, which implies that the switch took place before The Impossible Astronaut. Could be misdirection, or even just a mistake on her part, but food for thought.

9. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Yeah, shiny. I think that's why the Tardis was going back and forth about her being pregnant.

10. Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude Fourth Year

There's been something bugging me about the trailer for A Good Man Goes to War. You know this guy? He's got a symbol on his hat and on the wall behind him, and I swear I've seen it before.

[​IMG]

And you know what? I found it. River and the Clerics are wearing it on their arms in Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone. It's stamped all over their equipment too. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

EDIT:

...Does anyone else reckon the symbol looks like an Omega with a 2 inside it?

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  11. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

...Holy crap.

/filler

12. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Is Rory wearing his Roman armor in the preview? Why would he be wearing that?

13. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Because he wants to kick ass and take names... And he's just stopped taking names.

Or something. Indicates badassery is ahead.

14. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    He spent the better part of 2000 years protecting Amy in that armor. I imagine he feels comfortable in it, now that he's fighting for her again. Or something like that most likely.

A thought - the episode title: A Good Man Goes to War, could well and truly mean Rory. I... like that idea.

The Doctor isn't necessarily a 'good' man, after all. If we're being pedantic, he isn't technically a man, but a Time Lord. Still, he can be incredibly cruel and is responsible for wiping out entire species more than once or twice. I think in the new series alone he's responsible for the genocide of half a dozen races - one of them his own.

I'd almost prefer it to be Rory, actually - with the Doctor being cruel, of course.

15. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

River killing Rory as 'the best man she'd ever known' would certainly be an unexpected twist.

16. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well yeah, but I'd assumed that she went missing either when the Silence kidnapped her or at some point between The Impossible Astronaut and Day of the Moon. The comment I mentioned in my previous post was playing over footage of her and Rory getting off the bus when they met the Doctor in the desert - implying that she was a Ganger at that stage, at least.

17. Hmizzle

Hmizzle Backtraced

I have a very large inkling that the 'crack in the wall' as it was plays large part in this. Especially with the fact that someone, I don't remember who, says something about 'the silence' like them weird fish brehs in the previous series.

Any thoughts?

18. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

It would be, and now that you've suggested it, I want it to happen.

it would actually make sense, if, before he died, Rory managed to save a lot of people. Becoming "the hero to many". I am not entirely sure how that would work though.

---------- Post automerged at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

The Silence obviously play a big part in this. We just do not know what that is. The Doctor's TARDIS, has yet to explode, swo the cracks being important still hold true.

19. Hmizzle

Hmizzle Backtraced

For sure. I only just remembered that we have no idea how the TARDIS got 'sploded... Also, wouldn't it kind of take the piss if Rory was to die AGAIN? I mean after the third time or whatever I was just :facepalm

20. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

I have absolutely no problem with Rory dying. But yes, for once, I'd like the writers to cut him a break. My money would be on the Doctor dying and since we have been told that the gangerDoctor may survive and The Doctor has crossed his own timeline I fully expect more than one of him to still be running around.

We see, min the later episodes that things get a bit wierd and time starts to, seemingly unwind and come undone. So, either episode 7 or 8 will have a TARDIS blowing up - I think.

I still want Eye Patch Lady to be River. I doubt I am going toi get that though.