1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heleor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

Yes, she has tons of potential. Here's hoping it isn't ruined.

2. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Interesting theory from a reddit user:

SUPER THEORYMANCING HERE
    Was it blindingly obvious to anyone else that the child in the suit (The one that can regenerate, end of episode two) Is not River Song?
    When River revealed herself to the Doctor, she didn't motion to the prayer napkin, nor did the doctor read it. He read the Galilfreyan written on the side. He then got excited - not because of anything to do with Amy or Rory, but because of him and River.
    I think River song is a Human with time lord bits. She can't regenerate, she can't do much...beyond reproduce with a Time Lord.
    I believe the little girl is the Doctor's actual daughter, whose mother is river song.
    Theorymancing...subsiding.

3. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

That is certainly interesting. I doubt it though.

4. Covil

Covil Fourth Year

I half subscribe to that. I don't think River was the one in the suit who shot the Doctor, but I also doubt the Doctor is ever going to reproduce in the series proper. Or rather I hope he won't; it's rather refreshing to have a relatively asexual main character in fiction.

There's more revelations to come, I can feel it.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  5. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

Problem with that is, correct me if I am wrong, hasn't The Doctor had children, or at least grandchildren? I am not too well versed in ClassicWho (should really watch more of it).

But it maybe possible for the baby in the suit to be River's and The Doctor's by way of wierdy gene splicing.

6. Covil

Covil Fourth Year

Yeah, but that was pre-series. It's backstory. I just don't want Doctor Daddy to be a plot point.

7. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

Ah, I see.

We've already got him putting a baby in a cot and continued reference to the fact that the Doctor sort of is a dad throughout this Series - the end of "The Doctor's Wife". Steven Moffat says his does mostly stories about family. We have a little girl who is half timelord running around London. No matter what its form ends up being, I feel we are going to get Daddy Doctor as a plot point.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  8. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

We might get parental doctor, but the distinction of the child not actually being his is important.

Though if Joe is wrong and the child is river thats all kinds of weird. Then the doctor = woody allen.

9. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

It's sci-fi as penned by Moffat. Of course it's "all kinds of wierd", but I take and agree with your point.

10. Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude Fourth Year

So, teaser for the second half is just a tad ominous.

Link.

11. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ...thats a teaser? :/

12. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

Yes, apparently.

13. Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude Fourth Year

So it's a 20 second mini teaser, leave it alone. You have to admit, though, it is kind of creepy.

14. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Well, we've seen the Doctor at his highest, as put by the Silurian swordswoman - "My friend, you have never risen higher." - and by River - "This is the battle of Demon's Run; he'll rise higher than ever before, and then fall so much further."

The last episode didn't have much falling on the part of the Doctor- and I still have high expectations for the rest of the Series.

Also, that teaser is awesome.

15. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

I was thinking about it and I was saying to myself that the Doctor's "fall" might be more about the fall of his legend and good reputation more than himself personally - River goes on about the word Doctor starting to mean warrior in some places, and how an entire army was pitted against him for no other known reason than the fact he's just existing. He rises above all that, however, by winning Demon's Run without a drop of blood spilled, but his fall begins when the trap is sprung, Melody is kidnapped, and the bad guys get to live another day and will continue to spread his "dark legend". And maybe, in the process of doing whatever he's planning to do after finding out River's identity, he'll fall even further because even though he knows River's fine and all now, he might still have to go to some dark lengths in order to cause that to happen and get his best friends' baby back.

Maybe. I dunno. Either way, more episodage is definitely needed. Gonna be a looong three months or so.

16. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Aren't Time Lord/Human hybrids meant to be even more wtfamazing than Time Lords? Because of their imagination and way of thinking is human by their knowledge and abilities are Gallifreyan. So technically, River has the potential to be better than the Doctor?

17. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Looked for a teaser on youtube last night. Found A Good Man Goes to War in 3 parts posted by a saint in the UK. Watched all 3 and went back to look at something in part 1 and found it had been taken down.

HOLY SHIT

Rory is officially a motherfucking bad ass.

River's identity was obvious.

Matt Smith has officially become one of the greatest Doctors ever.

On the topic of the Doctor becoming known as being a warrior. This has been building since they brought the series back with the 9th doctor. The races who knew of the time war and what the doctor did during the time war have seen him as warrior for a long time. The Doctor destroyed not only the Daleks but his own race. The Daleks, the Shadow Proclaimation, and everyone who had a hand in the Pandorica view him as a warrior. The stories about the Pandorica say it contained the feared warrior in all the universie: The Doctor.

I personally dont care about speculating about whoever shot the doctor. Im more interested in how it all plays out. Im sure we will find out at some point in time.

The idea of the doctor meeting younger versions of River in previous regenerations is great. The idea of Multiple River Songs and Multiple Doctors in a special would be epic.

18. Monkeynuts

Monkeynuts Third Year

What I want to see is there being multiple Rivers, but one or more are evil. Make for a good plot line, or maybe it's just me...

19. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

You're thinking about the metacrisis with Donna. This version of the human timelord doesn't necessarily have to be the same as they involve completely different processes.

The Meta crisis donna, supposedly also got the doctors memories, but also retained her own personality so thats what made her amazing. Donna noble and The doctor in one package.

This is someone who was born with a yet unknown set of abilities due to conception through time travel. For all we know she could surpass the doctor or fall short of the doctor in any number of ways, but also develop completely random abilities that we are not aware of.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  20. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

That was absolutley fucking fantastic and I hate them for the long wait. Also 'Lets kill Hitler' is offically the the greatest title ever.

When Rory calmes down I realy want to see his reaction when he remembers the 'That was a whole other Birthday' bit :D