1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

StarCraft II

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Chaoticblues, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Where can I find good shoutcasts of good matches?
    Google has failed me or I have failed google.

2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    http://sc2casts.com/

That should work a bit. If you go by popularity you'll probably find some good ones.

3. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

I usually watch it on the web sites of whoever is running the competition if I'm watching it live. www.gomtv.net for GSL, pro.majorleaguegaming.com/live/starcraft_2 for MLG.

If I'm watching a replay, well. For GSL I grab a season pass ($10) which let's you watch all the VODs from that season. Alternatively, GSL also let's you watch the first game of every match without paying.

4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I would absolutely suggest buying the tickets for GSL. Every season is just incredible. Not every series is great, but between Code A and Code S, there are so many series between so many just incredible players that you're going to get your money's worth every time.

I wouldn't buy ALL of the tickets for GSL. Just start with November (or December, whatever.)

EDIT: Leenock vs Jjakji finals? This might not be horrible (it probably will be.) Looking forward to it. :D

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  5. purple

purple Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

NASL started today, 360p is kind of bullshit though.

6. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Ehhhh. I might check out the finals for NASL I guess? I kinda doubt it after last time. They don't even have any Koreans this time. :|

7. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    GosuHwangSin, EGPuma, and LiquidHero are the most top tier American players of all time.

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

8. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Games so far have been decent. And the 360p is far better than the GSL low quality free stream lol.

9. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Honestly, I'm just in awe that it's actually watchable this time. Last time there were so many streaming issues that it was just impossible.

Kinda hilarious that there's no one actually at the event though. I think the GSL studio is actually more full on an off day than this (that could just be the GSL studio being a smaller venue than this.)

10. purple

That's cause the GSL happens at 1800 KST rather than 1100 PST. And eSports are more widely accepted there than anywhere except maybe China.

11. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, NASL hasn't exactly been the greatest success. There's a reason for it too.

Bratok vs Dimaga G2 was pretty good though.

12. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Well, no, MLG always draws huge crowds, too. I'd say it has everything to do with NASL just not being a very well run tournament.

13. purple

MLG also has other games, either way NASL is just a poorly run tournament and isn't a real starleague.

14. Solomon

Solomon Heir

MLG does have other games, but most of the people there actually are there for SC2, at least as far as I understand it. I mean, SC2 is actually really popular in the west. I won't say it's more popular than in Korea, because I don't have the numbers, but it's still very popular.

15. purple

I know, I'm not saying it isn't popular in the west. SC2 probably has more drawing power outside of Korea than it does inside due to Brood War(which is fun as hell to watch) still pulling big numbers. The MLG I went to over 80% of the people were there for SC2. I'd like to see NASL do better, but the production isn't that impressive.

16. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Was just doing some reading.

Here is a thread on TeamLiquid as to why no Koreans are going to NASL.

I guess that's why it's unpopular compared to MLG. As good as many US players are getting, if you don't see some of the other big Korean names playing - Leenock, MVP, Nestea, MC, etc - it probably loses its appeal.

Especially since there's not exactly a shortage of SCII competitions to go and watch. MLG only just finished.

17. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I agree. Like I said earlier, that's the real reason no one's there. Season one was garbage and practically unwatchable.

FEdit: Not gonna lie, the lack of Koreans was a major contributing factor in my not watching until this point, but I cannot stress enough how much of a clusterfuck season 1 was. The production values were really low online, I have no idea how poor they were at the event itself.

18. purple

Yeah that no Korean thing made a lot of people angry, it's why I didn't watch a single regular season game. And right now I just watch players I care about. (Sen, IdrA, HerO, PumA)

19. Nocdia

Nocdia Sixth Year

It doesn't help that the only free stream is 360. Considering they are competing against MLG, which at least offers 480, and IGN, which offers full HD720, they should at least match MLG.

20. Solomon

Solomon Heir

It doesn't help matters (for them) that you can basically get free HD for MLG.