1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

StarCraft II

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Chaoticblues, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, they were pretty fantastic. While I went into the match wanting to see MMA take it, bye the last game I really really wanted DRG to take it. Would of been such a comeback by the underdog. Ah well.

2. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I could watch MMA play DongRaeGu forever. :D

3. Exoteric

Exoteric First Year

Tanks on high ground are imba is all I have to say. Still, I was astonished that DRG somehow managed to come back after a 30+ supply deficit.

4. purple

purple Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I was rooting for DRG from the start and had pretty much packed up any thoughts of winning after MMA won that third game. I was really impressed with how DRG managed to not tilt after those first three.

5. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Finally Masters. Sup.

Anyone else still playing seriously?

6. Tareth

Tareth Squib

All I do is Dark Templar rush. Then again, forever Gold.

7. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    FUUUUUUUUCK.

Kind of. Ladder scares me because I'm a bitch. Also, been busy.

If I can find a reliable schedule I'd really like to just set aside an hour or two a day for just Starcraft training.

Oh, how's that SC tournament thing going? Weren't we having one here, or did that fall out?

8. Zennith

High Score:
    I'd really like to - but not enough people have expressed interest.

9. Rehio

High Score:
    Because the goddamn League of Legends thread is active but not this one. Fuck.

Anyone watching IPL? Stephano vs. MKP was pretty fantastic to watch. This tournament is incredibly stacked, holy shit. So many amazing players everywhere.

10. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I've been watching it off and on. I was really impressed by MC's play vs PuMa. It really blew my mind that he managed to win that second game. He was a little less successful against Polt afterwards though. :(

Looking forward to seeing more play from some of these guys. Jjakji vs Taeja rematch is going to happen at some point, too, and that was an excellent series in their Code S group.

11. Zennith

High Score:
    Anyone out there still play? I just finally hit Top 8 Masters league and am gunning for GM next season. Anyone else still around?

12. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

'Play casual 2v2 and custom games, but I've pretty much dumped SCII.

It's just so...repetitive.

13. redshell

redshell Order Member

Starcraft's meta is stagnant until one of the pros shows up and does something that completely flips the meta on its head. But that's basically every game out there with anything remotely close to an esports following. Remember, back in Starcraft 1 when Zerg was dominant against everything? Then Terran started the 1 Rax FE strategy, and suddenly the meta shifts completely. Meta is always shifting, and it's only a matter of time until someone flips the game on its head.

Hell, in a SC2 example, a few years ago one of the pros rushed Hellions specifically because they were fast with decent amounts of damage and blew up the other player's economy. Almost immediately, that strategy turned to shit because you're dumping a load of money into something that might not even work, but it's easier to recover from than a Cheese.

I play Starcraft on occasion, but I'm playing it more often now and I'll probably get back into it for a few months once HotS comes out. Right now, as Jorm said, it's rather boring when you find out what you're up against and you're basically locked into one of two or three strategies or you're shit out of luck.

Going random increases the fun factor of the game, but not by much, and learning a new race can be aggravating when you've played, say, Terran, in every single game up to that point.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  14. Solomon

Solomon Heir

By the way, I don't care how you guys do it, but everyone in here should watch last season's GSL finals between MVP and Squirtle. It was one of the best series I've ever seen and almost certainly the best GSL finals yet.

Just a shame that Squirtle lost.

15. Rehio

High Score:
    I absolutely still play. I've been playing Starcraft since I was 8, I'm certainly not stopping any time soon.

GSL finals were pretty fucking awesome, though the last game pissed me off. Stayed up 'till 5 a.m. to watch something amazing, and then got a huge let down.

I'm hitting Master players on the ladder pretty consistently when I play, I just haven't been able to lately. Got tendinitis in my wrist and had to stop playing for a while, it hurt like hell.

God, I want to play to new queen change.

Edit: Holy shit, the winner of MLG Spring Arena II made me so happy. I was supporting him through the whole tournament, and seeing him come out on top was excellent.

16. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Went to my first barcraft event to see the gsl finals and it was definitely worth it. Especially given how strongly squirtle made a comeback!

Really interested to see how the new Starcraft 1 pros are gonna do since KeSPA has finally come to an agreement with Blizzard. Will Flash completely dominate like he did in Broodwar?

So far we have seen former sc1 players who were well past their prime (boxer, Nada, July etc) or never did that well (nestea). I'm interested to see if the current BW pros completely change the metagame.

17. Rehio

High Score:
    Yeah, I have one around here that's been doing pretty well. Surprising, considering herp derp New Mexico.

We've actually managed four events and got a beer to sponsor us. Cool stuff.

So far, nope! :awesome

18. Zennith

High Score:

So far their play has been quite lackluster. It's to be expected, of course. But yeah, they're not very good at the moment. They'll get better, but it will take some time.

19. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

20. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I honestly feel bad for typing out 'Greg's looking the wrong way' then realising Ben decided to sit on the computer that never seems to get used between idrA's & Incontrol's machine...

Lost it when I saw DeMusliM just casually drinking though.