1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Struggle For Dark Hallow | Everybody (But Kalas) Wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by SmileOfTheKill, Jan 13, 2012.

1. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

One Knight Purification, taints are removed and nothing else.

Two Knight Purification, Erlking/Denerians are turned into Humans and nothing else.

2. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

So my theory has ground, that's good enough for me. Time to go ANALYZE!

3. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Fake-claiming a taint would be a bad idea since, if the Knights chose to purify you, they would discover that you were faking. Since no town players have any reason to keep the Knights from doing their work, the Knights would immediately know that you were scum.

And, as far as White Court taint goes, only 4 scum could safely claim that: Mavra, Red Duchess, Red Baron, and Namshiel. The others survive at least one night death and would be outed if the Knights chose not to purify them, or are Whites themselves (and why would the Whites deliberately open one of their own to dying?).

There's no benefit to scum in claiming Denarian taint since it doesn't do anything bad to them and potentially removes two opposing factions without ending the game.

Black Court taint is the only one that scum might have reason to want removed, but even then it would just be to prevent the Black court from taking over the vote. I'm not sure if that's worth calling attention to yourself over, especially this early in the game.

---------- Post automerged at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Sorry, that should be "all scum have a reason to remove Black Court taint" - as opposed to the 4 that can safely claim White Court taint.

4. NobelFiction

NobelFiction Seventh Year

Any one know what's up with Krogan? He's posted only twice and that was on Friday. He didn't vote to lynch any one, and after checking his profile it shows he visited the forum today.
    If he doesn't want to play with us there are people from the reserve list that'd be wiling to take his spot.

5. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

@coleam

Smile just told me that the Knights don't know if their target was indeed tainted before the purification. S

o everything you said: misguided/misguiding garbage.

6. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

if that's the case then what are you playing at Coleam? You've pretty much set my scum radar off like crazy now.

7. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Just want to say that I am NOT LURKING.

It's just that after the DE3 fiasco I am vary of posting anything. I know it is a lame reason but it is the actual reason. I will go to sleep soon and have a look at the posts in the morning.

8. coleam

coleam Death Eater

But they are informed of the success or failure of their purification. So if someone claims to have been tainted and the purification fails...you see what I was getting at now?

9. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

No coleam. What they are told, according to Smile, is "You just purged the taints off X", and it applies to both tainted and untainted targets.

10. SmileOfTheKill

The only thing they know if the Purification succeeded or not is the two main super purification, aka what happened to Sacrifice.

Otherwise it is, You Purged X target from any taints they had!

I really should have used another word because of this confusion. Very sorry.

11. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Actually, I may have misread something that Smile told me...could we get a clarification:

Are Knights informed of whether their purifications succeed or fail?

The rest of my last post was based on this assumption, so if I was wrong, then I apologize.

---------- Post automerged at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

ninja'd by Smile -.-

12. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Technically no, I just wrote something up real fast to help Smile out in the initial stage while he was still ironing things out, if he or other people would like though I'd be happy to step up to doing all of it but as of the moment I was unaware that I was supposed to be doing anymore.

---------- Post automerged at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Yeah thats my fault for not posting more but I'm bored shitless honestly.

13. coleam

coleam Death Eater

From here on out, I propose that the term PURIFY be used to denote clearing the taint from a player, and the term CLEANSE be used to denote removing a Fae/Denarian from the game. Just to avoid confusion.

14. SmileOfTheKill

Yes.

That should have been obvious but myself and everyone that looked over the rules were quite shortsighted. I will edit all previous terms in the rules.

15. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

You guys do realize that it's only a 24 hour day, right?

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You realise you're not supposed to talk, right?

But Jon is right, there are six hours left before day ends and I'm off to work in an hour, so I'll put my vote in now.

Deadline Vote: Eternity Lost

17. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Are you retarded? Why wouldn't I be allowed to talk?

Thanks for setting off my scumdar Aekiel. I'll make sure to vote to lynch you tomorrow. :|

18. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I have to go to sleep now and I don't have any scum targets right now. This is what I hate about 24 hour day.

Also Jon con talk. He just can't vote according to the rules.

19. NobelFiction

NobelFiction Seventh Year

Well the rules say: 'Can choose one person a night to “auction off to the highest bidder” (That person is kept silent for one day. Cannot vote.)'

Maybe Smiles forgot to edit the rules again.

Anyway. I'm going by my gut feeling.

Deadline Vote: Aekiel

After how the situation with Sacrifice turned out, I refuse to believe Aekiel can't add numbers.

20. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Personally I find Guljons very suspicious.

He just pops up around the place, lurking a little but not too much. This seems exactly what he did in the first Dresden game when he was Nicodemus.

I can't really do anything to persuade you that I'm not scum. The only real concern that has been voiced was me defending Sacrifice, and I can't do anything to dissuade you of that. It was a mistake, but I'd still do the same. I can't believe it was done on purpose, and town has the same chances of making a mistake as scum.

Anyway I'll vote now, as I'm unsure of how long I'll be on.

Deadline Vote: Guljons