1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt: A Mafia of Stars and Suckers | ExMods win

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Then you don't think Republic is soft-claiming what I think he's soft-claiming.

Republic, you should probably just come out and say it. For now,

Rescind Deadline Lynch Vote

Deadline Lynch Vote: Castiel

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post after this so for now;

Deadline Lynch Vote: Castiel

Knocking off one life is our best bet if we can't reach a consensus on Republic/Jangel roles.

3. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You may Lynch people who are in the Asylum.

The NP1 modkills happens as soon as the Castiel exits the Asylum, right before he's put in again (assuming that it happens).

If he's voted to stay in the Asylum, he can't modkill until he's released.

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

@Stojil.

Meh, i've never been the best at role reads, but I think I have a fair idea what he is? I don't see how that stops him from being a role gotten from Fen.

But, if you guys think its right, i'll change to vote Castiel. I just don't see a point until Smile is dead unless its to kill his extra lives (Which we can do tmmr while he's at the asylum). We have roughly ~22 hours until the deadline, and I'll be around to change my vote later if no one is voting Republic.

5. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

I dunno why Stojil thinks Vesvius was the Smile. Until he properly explains it, I'll be staying with Republic, who's consistently behaved as I'd expect the Smile to.

---------- Post automerged at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

When does day end, Lungs? If it looks to be a mislynch, I"ll try and change.

6. Lungs

High Score:
    9 pm EST - 2 and 1/2 hours or so.

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, so the extra day in their DOES prevent one Modkill. We just can't delay it indefinitely. We can work with this.

---------- Post automerged at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

*there ugh.

So! Lynch Castiel and knock off the extra life. Moridin/Hermonies hit him one more time and he's back down to the level of us mortals (might even kill him if we somehow hit the Smile before now). If he doens't die Imprison Castiel and work off the new info we'll have by tomorrow. Sound reasonable?

8. Lungs

High Score:
    Sorry guys, adding the Castiel to the game fucked up my internal clock for this game.

Day will end in 14* hours something, not 2 hours. D8

9. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Okay, i've given it some more thought, and i'm going to have to maintain that lynching Castiel today is a waste, and I don't see how it can help us. (well, in all the cases except if Vesvius was the Smile, but I don't see anything to back that up?)

Say we do lynch Castiel today. He now only has +1 life. Then Moridin/Hermonie's kill him, and he has no extra lives. But if the Smile is still alive, then he is still just as unkillable as before.

Now, if we lynch the Smile today, Castiel will still have +2, but if the Hermonie's and Moridin kill him, then he'll have no more lives AND no more protection from the Smile, meaning we can lynch him tomorrow and he'll die. But, honestly we have no reason to assume the Hermonie's will attack him to let him lose his +1. So lets assume they don't, only the Moridin kills him. He comes into day Asylum'd and +1. In that case, we can Asylum kill him, and then lynch him. Then, he will have no extra lives, no smile, and he's dead.

If i'm wrong, please someone correct me, but I just don't see a benefit of lynching a confirmed Vesvius today, when we can potentially be rid of him tmmr if we lynch his smile?

---------- Post automerged at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Unless.. we can count on the witches to NK Republic, then we'll go into Day with Castiel having only +1, we can asylum kill him + Lynch him and he's dead. But thats pretty much the scenario #2, cept we're relying on the witches instead of having it confirmed.

10. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

This is where you are wrong. The only confirmation of roles we receive is when we kill someone in the Asylum. It's not like we will know what Republic was when we lynch him. So, sooner or later, we will have to try to kill Castiel without knowing if the Smile is dead. I think Vesvius was the Smile, so I propose we try and get rid of Castiel immediately.

Republic, roleclaim.

Seratin, tell us everything you know.

I hope I'm not being played by either of them, but Seratin's disappearance frightens me a bit. The more time passes, the more paranoid I get.

Alright, then, let me say this to the Hermonies: you can't win if we don't get rid of the Vesvius as soon as possible. That's almost a certainty. Castiel has already modkilled Ashaya and you know she was only the first target he had. He hasn't gone after the Ashaya only because he thinks he will need her. He will use you and discard you like the cheap whores you are :), if we don't get to you first.

Used by Castiel. Think about it. :rolleyes:

Jokes aside, if you collaborate with our plan, you'll also be certain that we will use our powers (lynches and asylum) to strike against the Ex-Mod faction first. You will have no trouble, "collateral demage" aside (meaning the possibility we think one of you is the Smile and lynch/asylum him/her).

11. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

But.. but but.. Castiel IS confirmed Vesvius. He modkilled and everything >_>

And yah we won't know what Republic is, and we'll have to try eventually, but thats not a problem. With the asylum kill/lynch the same day, we can kill any extra lives + another attempt to see if he dies anytime we want.

Lets say Vesvius was the Smile. Lets just say there is No lynch today, and Castiel goes into the Night with +2. You seem to think the Witches will help us, so if they NK him, he'll have +1. Moridin Asylum kills him, he has +0. Then we asylum kill him tmmr. He either

1)Dies because Vesvius was Smile
    2) Lives because Vesvius wasn't Smile

As of today, aren't the chances are Vescius was the Smile 1/10? Those aren't very good odds, but if we lynch someone else we are suspicious of, it becomes 2/10 (or 1/5) if its just completely random. Either way, if Republic or Vesvius was the Smile, Castiel will die tomorrow. We just have a much better chance of the Smile dying if we lynch someone else today.

How can you be sure he isn't using a role that he absorbed from Fen?

I agree, we need everyone online right now :l

I guess what I'm trying to say is this, lynching Castiel today, in the long run, won't make him die any faster. If his Smile is Vesvius, he'll be dead tmmr anyway, Regardless of lynching him today.

But if Vesvius ISN"T the Smile, lynching him today makes even less sense. If we think Republic even has a possibility to be the Smile (Personally, I do. I've pointed out my reasons) then we should lynch him, and then kill Castiel tmmr. I just think this is a critical point in the game, and we should think carefully about what we plan on doing.

Kk, done for now. I'll be back in a few hours. Hopefully some people will have posted.

12. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

If it can be proven beyond doubt that Vesvius was the Smile, then most of the harm from roleclaiming is removed, since we'll be able to kill Castiel before he modkills again.

So if that's why Republic isn't roleclaiming (and Seratin's not talking), he should. I think it's more likely that Republic's the Smile, and is trying to figure out wtf Stojil is hinting so he can play along, but we'll see.

---------- Post automerged at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

If it's in doubt, though, it doesn't make much sense to lynch Castiel, and we should lynch the suspected theSmile, and incarcerate Castiel, and follow with theMoridin + Hermonies + asylum-votekill or theMoridin + asylum-votekill + tomorrow's lynch.

13. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

One more thing that makes me think Vesvius was the Smile.

Still not conclusive proof, though.

14. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Ah.. I didn't know that. I went and check the rest of his role abilities and...

He also finds out how many dead hermonie's there are dead.. And if 0 are dead, that means all of them are alive. So, if anything, that leads credence to the fact that the Smile is alive, doesn't it?

And now that I think about it and really read through it... Smile and Vesvius are kinda OP :eek:

15. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I had missed that. :facepalm

Republic, roleclaim.

Seratin, share.

I should make it my signature to avoid wasting the typing-time.

16. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Also, there was no theFen kill on day two: Fenraellis was Lynched! and SmileOfTheKill was Lynched!, followed by LochNess has survived a kill.

I suppose the Hermonies and the Fen could've both targeted Lochness with Lochness having also been a KaiBOT, with either Fen or Smile being the Smile, but that's unlikely.

That, or two Hermonies are dead, or the Jon is dead, and both the Fen and the Hermonies tried to kill Lochness, who was still protected by the Smile.

17. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I also want to bring it up one more time...

How do you know Republic isn't claiming the role that he stole from the first regular aligned player to die? Which is Fen, in this case.

18. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Err, no, that makes no sense, ignore that post, rofl.

---------- Post automerged at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

^ mine, got ninjad

---------- Post automerged at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

If neither Fen nor Smile were scum, the Fen would've killed. If that's true, either the Fen and the Hermonies targeted the same person (possible), or the Hermonies didn't NK (unlikely).

If one of Fen or Smile was the Smile, the NK on Lochness/Castiel would've worked.
    If one of Fen or Smile were the Jon or a Hermonie, there'd be no kill. Possible two Hermonies/the Jon is dead?

---------- Post automerged at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Or it's possible the Moridin just didn't choose to kill

---------- Post automerged at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

the Fen didn't choose to kill, not the Moridin. -_-

---------- Post automerged at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Summarized, neither of the first two lynches was the Smile.

19. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Er... thats really obvious. Or she would not have survived the NK.

20. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

No more hermonie killing for the rest of the game. (And it is in your best interests to keep me alive a little longer my lady friends, the town is already wasting their time with me, you are free to Taure/Kill whoever you want.)

This town sucks. I should never have helped you guys.