1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt *\~ Game Started!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Chocolate Pi, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And we're back. I'll let ChocolatePi do the flavour, but Stojil is dead and Lungs survived a kill attempt.

---------- Post automerged at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Okay, I've made a quick list of what could have caused Lungs to live through the night. Tell me if I've missed anything. Lungs could only have survived if he was:

1) Protected by Angels.
    2) A Lover, and Cupid is still alive.
    3) The Survivalist.
    4) The Recluse.
    5) The Pauper.
    6) Stojil was the Martyr and Lungs was the target of both the Court and Coven (also the Vigilante if he got a kill)

I think the last is much less likely than any of the others. That's a lot of options though. Anyone got info that we could use? Perhaps the Court, for instance?

2. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Stoliji was one of my strongest town reads. I'd wager he was the coven kill, to be honest.

Which means Lungs was probably court kill.

Angel protection is... almost certainly not a thing. They would have put it on Ashaya, myself, or Kai over Lungs, I'd imagine.

Lover is possible, Survivalist is possible, Pauper is possible.

Recluse was claimed by Castiel, but could have been scum fakeclaiming something...believableish?

And yeah, the obvious: Ashaya - night check results?

---------- Post automerged at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Basically, I just want to know if Aekiel is a witch, or if he's a witch.

---------- Post automerged at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Basically, I just want to know if Aekiel is a witch, or if he's a witch.

3. Aekiel

High Score:
    You'll be disappointed with the results if she checked me.

4. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I checked Sesc, and he is not in the Coven.

5. Eidolonic

At least my doublepost double posted.

6. Aekiel

High Score:
    Why did you check Sesc, Ashaya?

7. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Yeah, disappointed in not finding someone in the coven. But hey, at least we only lost one person last night....

---------- Post automerged at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Because I felt he was more likely to be in the Coven than just be a JW if scum. I was more suspicious of him than you, and the other two people Eidolonic suggested were Moridin and Lutris. I personally felt Sesc was scummier, though I mostly agreed with his suggestions for a check.

8. Eidolonic

Sesc wasn't? Okay. He still could be a JW, though.

Same with Aekiel. In fact, I'd probably put that as more likely than coven at this point - I didn't really like the way he worded the 'you'll be disappointed' post, as all information and check results are a good thing. They help town, even when they are not coven.

9. Aekiel

High Score:
    Eidolonic, I have only this to say. Your scum reads suck balls. Hilariously so for someone who spends as much time and effort as you do on these games.

10. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

So I think it's got to the stage where we need to replace Platypus Assassin.

11. Eidolonic

No more Stogil does make me sad, though. Means I have less opportunities to mangle his name.

Coven strategy is obvious, and intelligent. They aren't really trying to play mind games with their selections - just systematically taking out strong town players who are unlikely to be protected.

The threat of protection is likely the only reason they didn't kill Ash, and haven't killed me, yet. Unless we're both secretly coven and fucking with all of you. But yeah, we're not. Or I'm not. Whatever.

I do have an agenda for today, though.

It involves making people talk that I want to talk.

guljons -15
    Sirion -14
    thebrute7 -13
    Lutris -10
    Menace -9
    LochNess -3
    Platypus_Assassin -1

Post count for living people in the game. LochNess was a replacement, admittedly - but she promised to be around, and then... hasn't. Platypus, I don't even know. Someone mentioned that he had been reading thread? Sort of wouldn't object to killing it with fire.

Menace and Lutris have largely been serial lurking with occasional content related posts that seem carefully crafted. Both are suspicious. Thebrute is confirmed vanilla town, really, want to hear more from him, since... he's not going to eat a night kill, or be lynched, and might as well get some content/pressure from him on people.

Sirion has been startlingly quiet this game. Not entirely happy with him, especially in light of some minor connections with people I don't have town reads on. And guljons... I don't even know what they've posted, aside from repeated StrikerLee comments, to be honest. Will have to look that up.

Anyways, the bottom two names need dealt with in some way - killing, replacing, poking with sticks until they play, something.

The other (non-Thebrute) names need examined to decide if lurkerscum.

12. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

We could check this out, but the fanatic also gets extra lives. So if Ash checked Lungs tonight, and then got lynched, he might have been saved. I really doubt it happened though.

Also, remember that we have 7 dead, so we should expect a vigilante kill tomorrow night.
    Here are the different scenarios.
    1. Scum vigilante/ 3+ dead witches = vigilante kill
    2. Town vigilante/ 5 dead witches = no kill
    3. Scum vigilante/ 5+ dead town = no kill
    4. Town vigilante/ 3+ dead town = vigilante kill.

1. I think that 3 dead witches would be possible, but a little improbable. So I don't think 1 will happen.

2. So, as I see it 2. is nearly impossible. Remeber that the coven killed someone the first and second night and they know who isn't a witch. So it requires that Lungs is town and Stojil is scum. It also requires that all other kills are scum. This is the only way that there can be only two town deaths.

3. This only requires that town has killed two or less witches. So it might be possible.

4. Pretty certain that town has at least 3 dead. So this definitely possible.

I'm assuming that the dirty old bastard will kill in the morning after is death is announced, so it's safe to assume that a third kill would come from the vigilante. So basically, if there is a vigilante kill/kill attempt tomorrow, I'd say that situation four is more likely than 1, so the vigilante is probably town. I wouldn't be comfortable saying this for sure though. If there is no third kill/kill attempt then situation 3 is far more likely then 2. And in that case town is kind of screwed. A no-kill situation can also come from the vigilante already be dead, but this can be checked. If the vigilante isn't dead, then he should make his kill in the next night or two.

Well anyway, the next game day. should give us a lot of clues on the state of the game.

13. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Vigilante is only lynches. So no. I'll be around in a few hours to post.

14. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Oh, I missed that. I thought a vigilante kill just required 3 dead teammates. Well then just ignore my post.

15. Eidolonic

Vig only triggers off lynches, yeah.

We've had three lynches - Geabe, Klackerz, Castiel.

Vig hasn't fired, barring extremely unlikely shenanigans with Lungs surviving two kills.

So, if Town Vig hasn't fired, we've lynched scum. All 3 have a reasonable shot at being scum, with Castiel nearly certain in my mind, and Geabe least likely to be scum. So, that's cool. Downside is that either faction could have their Vig kill fire soon, with so much ambiguity.

16. Aekiel

High Score:
    Ashaya also said that Mishie was innocent, but it depends on whether he was truly innocent or a Junior Witch whether he'd check as guilty or not.

17. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

There is still some info you can get out of it. Night 6 is the latest that a vig kill can happen.
    So, here's the different kills
    Night 4: probably Town vig/3 dead townies by night 3
    Night 5: Don't know, could really go either way. But the vigilante will be on the same side as the person who was lynched on Day 4. Since the day 4 lynch will have given the vigilante his third lynched teammate. And requires at least one lynched witch by the end of day 3
    Night 6: Could go either way of course. This means that there have been at least two lynched witches by the end of day 4. Also means that the vig is on the same team as the person lynched.

---------- Post automerged at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Edit: Meant to say that when the vigilante kill happens, the vigilante will be on the same team as the the person who was lynched the day before. Since it looks like the vigilante has a day to decide who to kill.

18. Eidolonic

Of course, the vigilante could be dead.

19. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Yeah, that's true. We'll know by the sixth night though.

20. Eidolonic

Theoretically, we could still not know by then.

Example: Town Vig, we lynch 4-5 witches by day 6. Only 1-2 town in that time span. Or the opposite.