1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Almost Recommendable Worm Fanfiction

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by NoxedSalvation, Nov 12, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

2. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    HBD hardly counts. It was super short.

3. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

It was as long as it needed to be. Not every story has to be 100000 word epic; in fact, most aren't.

4. ibskib

ibskib Second Year

Here Be Dragons is a tad too open ended for me to consider it finished, it feels more like the first arc of a story, and considering the last update is called an Interlude, I think that's closer to the truth.

Acceleration, a worm AU
    a more apathetic Taylor, at least initially, and a bit more ruthless than in most fics, not to mention one where she gained another power.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  5. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Case to point, I never actually realized that was the ending. =\

6. ibskib

ibskib Second Year

Me too :)
    I think the plot bunny just ran out for him, and he went on to the next one rather than planning out how to continue it, which seems to be his M.O.
    Nevertheless, that story arc or whatever you might call it, is an enjoyable read on its own, whether it will be continued or not.

7. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Think he just finished Metamorphosis over in the fic thread on spacebattles.

8. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Link please?

9. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Speaking of, I forgot to post these:

The Days After Never, If 1.1, non-crossover
    Heart, Darkness 1.1, Kingdom Hearts crossover
    Smile, Niceties 1.1, non-crossover
    Friend, Us 1.1, Monsters and Other Childish Things crossover
    Fraction, Survival 1.1, Magic: the Gathering crossover
    Spawn, Prologue: Birth, Cthulhutech crossover
    For Which to Feed the Fairies, ...Prologue?, non-crossover
    Magic, Hex 1.1, Dresden Files crossover

Also, made a thread for Zenith.

Master, Metamorphosis 1, 2, 3, 4, Doctor Who crossover. It's complete, pretty much--I might write some one-shots or omakes set in the Universe later, like if I get some inspiration when I rewatch Doctor Who and such, but I'm pretty happy with where it ends.

10. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Ryuugi, I am very annoyed at you and Worm. I do wish Worms hub of fanfiction was not Spacebattles. 90% of people there are so bloody stupid that I can't help insulting them. DLP with 50% of stupid is much more manageable. How can you handle it?

11. Icura

Icura Muggle

I really like those snippets, Ryuugi, though I got admit that I--at first--confused Crawler!Taylor as being Crawler x Taylor. I went in expecting something totally messed up.

12. Lion

This so much. And the people go off topic on threads all of the fucking time, there will be ten pages of talking when a chapter hasn't been posted in ages.

13. chaosfire999

chaosfire999 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Thankfully, nearly all updates are indexed - and pretty quickly too. Makes it very easy to not have to read through pages of crap.

14. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

I've been avoiding Worm's fan fiction since its still too early and I think their would be alot of teething problems but I miss the worm verse and want to see new original stuff.

So other than Ryuugi's stuff(the only ones that I've read) what would be considered the best right now?

15. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

IMO, Cenotaph is the best in the fandom. You can find it in the WbA here.

Outside of that, there's:

Copacetic, which is one of the very few "continuation" fics. It's got some problems, especially with Danny's characterization, but it's fairly good overall.

Morphosis. A Worm/Sandman crossover with Taylor becoming Dream. It's one of my favorites at the moment.

The Dragon and the Dark Lord. It's a crossover with a homebrew fantasy setting, and as a consequence it makes it hard to summarize, but the best way I can think of to do so is "Taylor gets turned into a dragon and joins the Wards". That doesn't nearly do the story justice, but I can't come up with a better way to summarize it.

Scarab. Crossover with Scion, the tabletop RPG by the guys who made Exalted. Long and short of it is that Taylor becomes a Thinker more than anything else, and her first cape fight ends up being Leviathan. I like it a lot, though it's a bit short.

And finally, Manager. Non-crossover. This one is Taylor's shard works like you'd think the Queen Administrator does. She can manipulate shards and the connections they have to hosts, stealing powers, giving powers she's stolen to other people, etc. One of Taylor's first acts as a cape is to establish herself as "Slenderman", a cape boogieman that goes around stealing people's powers.

Those are all the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I imagine there's a couple I'm forgetting, but oh well.

16. theronin

theronin Order Member

17. Lion

Succession - Glory Girl who has been fixed up by Amy and Bonesaw in New York post-scion. Probably the most under rated fic in the fandom. It doesn't feature Taylor, but it's a pretty good canon complaint continuation fic.

18. Vir

High Score:
    Scarab was really good for the first arc, then when it transitioned to Scion!Earth, things just got weird. And shitty.

19. Tomster10010

Tomster10010 Fourth Year

I really enjoy Scarab, but it seems to be sort of abandoned. Copacetic's pretty good; well written, but not necessarily well-plotted out. Personally, I enjoy My Friends as well, but my two favorite fics on SB currently would have to be Accelerator and Silencio (although Silencio probably wouldn't go over too well here on DLP.

I certainly agree that DLP needs more Worm fics. I'm considering starting one, but I haven't written anything. Ever.

20. Vir

High Score:
    Copacetic is also abandoned. The author mentioned that he was giving up fanfiction because they wanted to do original fiction instead.

Not open for further replies.