1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Almost Recommendable Worm Fanfiction

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by NoxedSalvation, Nov 12, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Well that sucks. Hopefully they'll pick up something else in worm-verse.

2. fire

fire Order Member

3. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    F-22s are a fucking waste of money and a black hole that maintenance hours disappear into. Give me an A-10 any day. At least they can take a hit.

As for updates, shut your dick-holster until you're done producing what could be one of the highest quality fics the Dragon Age fandom has seen, and maybe I'll think about taking time off hacking the mish to indulge. I'm currently locked in the throes of Mass Effect 3 and chasing the elusive Samara romance.

4. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

is best romance.

:D

@derails: Its not like it doesnt happen here.

Its just that with SB's larger pop it moves. really really fast.

I dont envy the mods over there at SB tho.

Unlimited Powaaaaaa[/Palpatine] it might be but SB is very often the example of a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Plus with this recent Worm kick there has been many a post purge. And warnings. Sometimes twice for one person. I dont think i've ever seen so much as a first warning for anyone here on DLP. (Warnings as in actual post from mods to knock whatever the fuck off.)

5. Materia-Blade

Materia-Blade First Year

I wasn't looking down on fanfiction. Not at all. If anything, I'm quitting because I love fanfiction too much. I've been writing fanfiction since I was like, thirteen, and realized that, contrary to its title, "The Never-ending Story" totally fucking ended, but fan-writers could make it last. Then I found Ranma and HP fanfiction and I was hooked for life.

1.15 Million words on my ff.net profile alone, not counting hundreds of snippets and ideas trashed. Of all that I've written though, my original content is... MAYBE 40k? Maybe?

Anything less than a clean break and I probably would never stop, and continuously put off writing anything of my own, forever. Honestly, I've had to quell the itch to start 2 other Worm fanfics since that post alone, and god knows how many HP ideas cross my mind on a daily basis, let alone Wheel of Time Crossovers.

I kinda have a dream of having a fanfiction section of my own someday. ^_^ Silly dream maybe but I probably care more about that then the theoretical book sales revenue I might make.

Not arrogance. Or at least not intended to be in the slightest. Most of the best stories I've ever read are fanfiction.

6. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Authors should write whatever they want. If they want to focus on an original fiction project, so be it. Original fiction are often more involved than fanfiction because they have to start from square one and don't have an existing framework to start with. I can understand why someone may put fanfiction aside when working on an original project.

And hell, most authors don't do more than one project simultaneously. Their attention gets drawn into one idea they're writing, and it can shift when they get another one.

Anyway, went on another SB Worm binge. Actually found some pretty cool stuff.

A Matter of Perception - Kara no Kyoukai crossover. This is actually pretty good. One of the better Worm fics I've seen. Taylor gets the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception (for those not familiar with the Nasuverse, basically means she can cut anything with anything). Decent length too.

Silent - Another pretty interesting fic. Taylor gets the ability to absorb other people's powers by touching them (at the random cost of not being able to speak). Decent length so far, and has covered various events in very interesting ways. Despite the "epilogue" chapter, it's not really finished - that's the "bad end" if you want to view it that way. =P

These two are really pushing it.

Harbringer - The obligatory, B-grade fix-it time travel fic.

Khepri - Golden Dawn - Interesting idea. Kephri!Taylor is the one who travels through time.

Couldn't get into Clockwork at all, and not really seeing the hype over Morphosis.

7. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

A Matter of Perception was great until that dumbass took over writing it and it got stupid. Silent is... meh.

8. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

You mean the whole Bakuda thing? It was a bit retarded. Didn't even realize the authors changed though. Explains the change in atmosphere from the way darker start.

9. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Olive writes good shit. Very atmospheric, and very dark at points, but I like it. Ars Poetica just writes sub-par drivel. [noparse]:|[/noparse]

10. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Yeah Olive really managed to write something very interesting with a very special tone while Ars Poetica reads more like the typical Worm story. (But I wouldn´t call her writing bad. She has some nice ideas and her writing is solid.. it simply lacks the atmosphere that made it special)

11. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

Polarity and Attraction is a story of Taylor getting powers of magnetism. It's decent and I found it enjoyable.

The only downside I find is that the whole bullying thing is a little overdone but I think that the story gets more interesting and might have some potential to get quite good. AS of right now, Taylor isn't affiliated with anyone. She's still just learning her powers at the moment and nothing has really happened. So, the pacing is a little slow. However, the update rate seems to be pretty quick, 11 chapters since the 22nd of February.

12. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Had a good day writing-wise yesterday and typed up these three, though one was as a joke.

Ripples Condensation 1.1 Percy Jackson crossover

Children Contain 1.1 Pokemon crossover
    Pieces Gathering 1.1 M:tG crossover

13. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

One of the threads on SB makes me ask: Has anyone written a Coil-power Taylor fic?

14. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

There was a one-shot (I think) in the SB ideas thread about Taylor having a variant of Coil's power, where she could split the timeline then selectively choose pieces from each to combine together into the final result (for example, she gets attacked by a dog and splits the timeline, one where the dog mauls her and another where she runs away, then combines them such that the dog is mauling empty air and she's on the other side of the room). It's the only one I can think of where Taylor got anything even vaguely close to Coil's power.

I'm drawing a blank on the name and author though, so I can't find a link for ya, sorry.

15. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

Found a couple of shorts from Panacea's POV that might be interesting for you guys.

Here is part 1, 2 and 3 of Heredity.

So far, the premise is simply that Panacea meets Taylor at Arcadia during a talk about not becoming villains. They become friends.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  16. Tomster10010

Tomster10010 Fourth Year

The author said that they were abandoning everything except for Copacetic, Copacetic is still in progress.

17. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

You're only about a week late, Captain Slow. We've already discussed this.

18. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Heredity updated! It's very unique so far, though it helps it's taking place in Panacea's POV. That gives it a different feel, even if it's rehashing parts of canon.

19. theronin

theronin Order Member

How the fuck does anyone post anything on sb without going insane. Either the mods are complete nazis, or people are just so paranoid they think they all are. Take this for example:

"If we keep saying 'don't annoy the mods', it reduces the chance that someone will forget, and post something that will annoy the mods.

Of course, it doesn't stop people from posting things that they don't know will annoy the mods, which is not necessarily a matter of ignorance or stupidity: sometimes you don't notice a double entendre, or something that can otherwise be misinterpreted (and then commented on, and then made really creepy by the third or fourth person down the line). I don't think that particular situation has happened in this thread, but it very probably has happened somewhere on SB.com."

Is this actually a common attitude on that forum.... I don't understand how you guys handle posting there.

20. theronin

theronin Order Member

How the fuck does anyone post anything on sb without going insane. Either the mods are complete nazis, or people are just so paranoid they think they all are. Take this for example:

"If we keep saying 'don't annoy the mods', it reduces the chance that someone will forget, and post something that will annoy the mods.

Of course, it doesn't stop people from posting things that they don't know will annoy the mods, which is not necessarily a matter of ignorance or stupidity: sometimes you don't notice a double entendre, or something that can otherwise be misinterpreted (and then commented on, and then made really creepy by the third or fourth person down the line). I don't think that particular situation has happened in this thread, but it very probably has happened somewhere on SB.com."

Is this actually a common attitude on that forum.... I don't understand how you guys handle posting there.

Not open for further replies.