1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ranked Diaries

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Churchey, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Imraefi

Imraefi Third Year

Finally hit Gold IV. Spammed 8 games two nights ago and went 6-2.

I'll probably try to rank up as much as possible so I can hit plat next season.

2. Torric

Torric Third Year

So I managed to get my 5s team back together for the first time in months. Played a ranked game with our usual comfort picks, smashed that pretty hard when I set my ADC up for two Quadras by camping his lane.

Then we decided to mix it up a little bit. Running Nocturne jungle and Warwick top, we've actually dumpstered Diamond 5s teams while we're climbing through plat. Any team fight coordination they have goes out the window. We only lost to a double splitpush comp.

3. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I think it's really funny that despite hating on the league system, I have one goal this system: Beat Luckylee in LP and Rank. This is made all the easier because he is in my league (in the game client, not in skill of course).

OMG RIOT HOW DID YOU KNOW?

4. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I had to get stitches on my middle finger due to an accident with glass. No league for a week.

5. Torric

Torric Third Year

That's a two fold benefit for Wildfeather. You won't have time to climb the ladder at all in the next week and when you come back you will be rusty.

It's like destiny for Wildfeather to outrank you.

6. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Nah WF is pretty shit. He'll tilt to Silver II.

7. Wildfeather

High Score:

Fixed that for you. I only go down in leagues when i duo queue.

Also, real pros don't need their middle finger. They can play with their pinky.

P.S. Got gold, will be gold 4 soon I expect.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  8. Morde

Morde Second Year

Almost plat, currently gold 1 95 LP. I got plat last season, but I got it the day after the rewards so I only got gold borders. This time I'm on track to actually get my shiny border.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  9. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    So I decided not to be a bitch and played rank, made it to Gold 5.

Now I am truly a dog.

I'll probably win like 2 more games and then just stop playing ranked, Normals are usually more fun anyways.

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    So I took a couple days off ranked and played normals most of the time, trying to just stay calm and have fun. Went pretty well, fun times had.

I played 1 game of ranked just to see if I could win with a normal mindset, Ie picking what I want and fucking around, and suprisingly I won. Went Vayne adc with a Fiddle support (rofl) and rekt in lane. During the grping phase I kept getting nuked by a fed Annie which sucked, but we won the game after I got a solo Double Keeru. We just dived the last 3 people after I got said double and won.

I will say, Gold is a lot different than Silver. Def more grping/map awareness, and TP plays are much more common. Although that may of just been this game.

11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

All day has been actually extremely awful. qtpie can say 'the only common factor in all your games is you' but he's not playing in Bronze and can honestly sit down and shut the fuck up. The legitimate bullshit nature of the games today has been unbearable.

1 leaver per game for 3 of the games, ADC's not building reactively/against the other team comp, people last picking a lane already picked and saying 'deal with it' ... on and on. I honestly hate humanity.

12. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Yeah, Bronze is pretty rough. The only way to reliably get out is to be so much better that you can carry through alone in every game. Otherwise, it's a mixture of luck and patience. Certainly, if you are better, you will rise. It just takes a while :S

13. Imraefi

Imraefi Third Year

Shit. Fell out of Gold 4, halfway down Gold 5.

Tilting so hard.

14. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Played to avoid inactivity, last pick on my team and everybody in the lobby was Plat II - IV. Only Gold player in the game so, no pressure at all.

I had a good start on Eve jungle, but then it all went downhill. Plat players still can't ward, read objective timers or grasp the concept of why 5 vs 3 is a bad idea when behind. So, not much changes it would seem. Hell, I was 1-0-2 and then 1-3-2 in the space of 2 minutes due to 2 dumb decisions on my part alongside nobody helping me kill a pink in our blue buff camp. Damn thing.

That and Gangplank mid. I didn't question it because fuck it, I've won with a Teemo jungle on my team, but eh. The fact I had Gangplank & Blitz on my team should've been enough for me to realise.

Still, due to MMR & the lobby I only lost 9LP I think so I'm still sat Gold I mid 40's with 17 games played all season ... I really need to get over my queue anxiety.

15. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Of my last ten games I've lost one, dc'd from one due to a power cut (which the team won anyway) and won the other eight. Been duoing with BillDoor and some random support from one of my games, and I'm super 4 now.

Feels good man.

Also Trist is freelo as hell, ban that shit or lock it in.

16. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

Started playing ranked last season, got into S4 after going 6-4 in my promos. Floated around high silver the entire season, ended up at around 70 LP in S1 at the end of the season, bummed that I didn't get the Elise skin. Didn't play solo queue all season till about a week ago, went 7-3 in my promos, landed in G5 just in time to get the skin...Fucking Morgana of all champions -_-

But yes, if you don't wanna lose to bullshit lategame ban Trist and Yas.

17. Wildfeather

High Score:
    In promos for gold 3. A little nervous to be honest, haven't been winning as much as I used to.

18. Oz

19. Oz

Decided to play my promos. Game 1 I went ADC on Lucian, did pretty well overall, enemy Nunu support was completely ineffectual. Outplayed the enemy Irelia pretty well at the end, although there was a bit of luck involved. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ClUp_g-xy8

Second game played Nasus top into Alistar. Was a bit rough until level 3, but got 2 really good ganks off our Kha'Zix. Ended lane with like 370 stacks, easy win.

Silver 3 baby. :3

20. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Success! I also won my promos to gold 3. One of which was a free game because of lags, but the second one I went Yorick and just let my botlane carry me.