1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Other Fandom Almost Recommendable: Barely Readable to Almost Good [Volume Two]

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Antivash, Aug 19, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Can I watch that film somewhere?

2. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Lol.

Do Over By: Kyogre Naruto and Kurama accidentally end up in the past, on the day of Naruto's birth, and are forced to live their lives all over again. They make the best of it, to everyone else's extreme confusion. (Alive Minato and Kushina, humor.)
    Rated: Fiction K+ - English - Humor - Naruto U., Minato N., Kyuubi/Kurama, Kushina U. - Chapters: 5 - Words: 17,491 - Reviews: 415 - Favs: 1,063 - Follows: 1,212 - Updated: Sep 23 - Published: Aug 28 - id: 10652186

Awesome crack.

3. Lucius Rex

Lucius Rex First Year DLP Supporter

I second it!

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Hah, gotta admit it made me laugh. Worth a read if you don't mind crack, esp given it's only 17.5k long.

5. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Professor

The one I'm in? I'd have to ask my friend if he's still got a copy.

6. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It is amusing but I can't help but want a serious story with Minato and Kushina as main characters, without Naruto, be it as a child or time traveler bogging them down. TGFWP hasn't been updated for too long.

7. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I'm been thinking about that myself. Reading Steal My Thunder God made me wish a surviving Minato was the main character who has to deal with the consequences of the Kyuubi Incident and every village that wants a piece of Konoha.

And reading Deja vu no Jutsu and that Naruto quest thread made me wish for a fic set in their generation with Kushina was the main character. Maybe starting from her saving herself from Kumo with Minato arriving to help out rather than outright rescue her and going from there.

8. Nemrut

High Score:
    That Girl From Whirlpool is still the best story about Minato and Kushina that I have read, and I'll be honest, it's pretty much canon to me.

Kushina as the main char would be interesting as well, to see what she could do with her chains and all. Really, as good as Minato was, Kushina wasn't that far behind, especially if she harnesses her junchirukii powers, which I believe she hasn't really done IIRC.

I would actually love a story with a surviving Minato and a Konoha that gets dragged to war, either after the kyuubi incident or after the Hinata kidnapping attempt. Butterflies would be interesting as well, a war would certainly lead to a better connection to the Uchiha as well as having Minato who might be less suggestive to influence by Danzo than Sarutobi was lead to ultimately a better relationship between the clan and the village. So, maybe seeing Shisui kicking some ass, Orochimaru still remaining in the village because he just doesn't dare leaving and Konoha in all out war would be interesting to me.

Especially since I can see Minato being a bit less forgiving towards Kumo, having tried to kidnap his wife and a child and all.

Really disappointed in all this forgive and forget shit in the manga between the villages, by the way. Not saying Konoha is smelling like roses but there has been some really fucked up shit going on and I could see Minato not being a saint and react a bit differently to another abduction attempt than Sarutobi. Heck, fuck up he may be, this stance might even lead to Danzo no being such a fuck up and be even the slightest bit loyal to Minato and the village and not cause every villain Konoha and the good guys every faced in canon to take up arms.

9. Joncis

Joncis Third Year

If we're talking Naruto time travel humor stories, here's another.

Love this one. There are some things that just shouldn't be, and poor Kakashi has to face them.

Annnd another.

Enjoyable premise and has pretty damn good potential. Really looking forward to updates on this one.

10. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Both made me laugh. Thanks for the links.

11. Nemrut

High Score:
    Kakashi's time travel shenanigans are hilarious, loved that one.

12. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

For some reason I'm searching good Detective Conan fics. For now nothing stands out, but I liked these two.

Creatures of Habit
    By: Crystal Snowflakes
    Edited - He almost laughed at her absurdity, but he finds it endearing nonetheless. - Conan/Ai
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Humor/Friendship - Shinichi K./Conan E., Ran M., Ai Haibara/Shiho M. - Words: 1,607 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 9 - Follows: 2 - Published: Dec 21, 2013 - Status: Complete - id: 9942790

This one made me smile.

Playing the Fool
    By: Eliryn
    Mouri Kogorou was no fool.
    Rated: Fiction K+ - English - Mystery - Kogoro M., Shinichi K./Conan E. - Words: 1,260 - Reviews: 83 - Favs: 460 - Follows: 37 - Published: Jul 6, 2006 - Status: Complete - id: 3028733

I'm a fan of showing surprising deeps of usually one-note characters.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  13. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

It's adorable. :D

14. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

This story is sweet enough to give you diabetes. Got any more Conan recommendations?

15. bakkasama

bakkasama Seventh Year

These Conan recommendations made me look into the fandom in ff.net, searching by favorites. What the hell happened for there to be so many Kaito/shinichi stories? It's like the Kakairu stories from the early Naruto fandom all over again.

16. Nemrut

High Score:
    Best Detective Conan story that I have found was this

The Mystery of Conan Edogawa by funvince

Basically, Ran is determined to find out if Conan is really Shinichi as she had suspected numerous times throughout the series but this time goes at it like a detective, collecting clues and proof and all. It makes so without demonizing anyone and exploring the feelings of all people in this mess, making them think why the other person would do such a thing. Ran centric story and really fits well within the Conan-verse. If Ran ever finds out who Conan really is, I hope it is through something similar as this, because Ran deserves to find out on her own.

That said, I had been reading the manga until chapter 800 something, has the mange come any closer to being finished right now? Because at that point, it still could have gone for another 800 chapters and the person writing that has got to run out of ways to kill people. Additionally, people really should look at Conan being cursed since he has appear on what, over 600 murder scenes?

Therapy might be good for the kid.

17. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

It appears to be a little closer with a recent revelation that Rum, who apparently is Boss' right hand, will visit Japan. But given usual pace of the manga, I wouldn't expect any resolutions about him or her within another year or two.

And we are still waiting for Ran's response to Shinichi's confession in London. It's almost four years already.

Wasn't there a scene when someone says that either Kogoro or Conan must be cursed? Though it may be from Anime/Movies.

18. bakkasama

bakkasama Seventh Year

In the manga the police department calls Kogoro the "Shinigami" or something of the sort since there are murders wherever he goes if I recall correctly.

19. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A soulbond story done right, and the bonds don't happen until the end of the story.

The story is a Volume one rehash but with White Rose and Bumblebee, and expanding the scenes and interactions seen in the webseries. I'm still trying to figure out how the author managed to get 250k words out of a season only 2 hours long.

---------- Post automerged at 04:13 ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 ----------

It's not wasted however. Every part of the story has a purpose.

20. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10607751/1/Monster-s-Life

It's a fic in the Log Horizon verse, though I don't think background knowledge of the anime is needed (just basic mmorpg knowledge would be more than enough). The character, rather than being transformed into an adventurer, becomes a monster instead. It's been pretty interesting so far, and I found it enjoyable to read.

Not open for further replies.