1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heleor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    A bit disappointing. I don't mind the logic of the ending so much - it's daft, but I was totally happy to get behind the idea of the moon being an egg a few weeks ago, so I guess I can't really bitch now - as the anti-climactic nature of it. There was this big, dramatic event...and then the Doctor realises that they're good, and it just rather tailed off. Throw in some irritating kids and a ridiculously twee ending, and it's a resounding meh overall. Looked good, Capaldi, Coleman and...whatever the guy playing Danny is called were good, but basically meh.

Although. Missy was watching the solar flare and lack of consequences. They made specific reference to the bank heist episode, with the solar flare wrecking the planet there. Is that what Missy and her team do? Throw solar flares at planets?

Next week looks promising.

2. KGB

KGB Headmaster

I'm so sick and tired of Clara.

Why is the show about the Immortal man who saves the universe on a lark centered around a school teacher and increasing number of the kids she teaches?

The Doctor should just ask her to make up her bloody mind about traveling with him. At this point there have been so many companions that she does not feel special at all, she is just being a moody bitch.

Seriously right now I would take Kathryn Tate over her.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

You know who would have been an awesome companion? Lady Christina de Souza.

4. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Oh yea she would be awesome. I remember being worried at the time that she would be a bit much for Tennat's Doctor. But with the current one being a bit mopey and generally more cynical she could be a driving force behind the adventure.

5. Shinysavage

High Score:
    "Sounds like someone left their body to medical science!" :awesome

So yeah. That was rather good. Creepy, funny, brilliantly acted by all concerned...can't wait till next week.

So, Missy does mean Mistress. Not a massive surprise, but handled very well. And Time lord sex changes are 100% canon now; Female!Doctor within the next couple of regenerations, I think.

Edit: did anyone else get a strong Rapture vibe from 3W/the Nethersphere?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  6. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Yeah that was pretty great. Would've been even better if they hadn't already spoiled the skeletons thing with last week's teaser.

EDIT: "Don't Cremate Me" So good.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  7. Jpzh2d

Jpzh2d Disappeared

The Doctor and the Master kissed. I wonder how many fan fictions are going to be created because of that. There were a couple of great lines in this episode. I laughed more than I should have at "You Have iPads in the afterlife.", "We have Steve Jobs".

I think the part with Danny and the kid he killed is going to be important. I'm guessing that something is going to happen and Danny is going to sacrifice himself to save the kid, or something similar.

8. Shinysavage

High Score:
    Probably loads, but using it as a basis to justify slash between Ten and Simm rather than anything based on Twelve and Missy; het just isn't as cool, you know, plus Capaldi and Gomez are older and less sexy.

Not that you need a canon kiss to justify slashing Tennant and Simm. They were already dripping with sexual tension.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So happy with that episode. Just really excellent writing and framing, and exactly why I love Doctor Who. If the rest of the episodes this season had been half that good I'd actually be adamant that Moffat stick around.

I really wanted to see the return of a different Time Lord... but this is fine.

10. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:

They've been strongly hinting at a return of the Time Lords for awhile - and flat out gave Eleven the option to restore Gallifrey in The Time of the Doctor.

The Mistress found her way back, so perhaps there's a path to be followed both ways.

11. Jon

I had the urge to rewatch Ten's clashes with the Master after todays episode. I think i'll indulge it.

12. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Loved this episode. Absolutely loved the scene at the volcano and that it wasn't that Clara was compromised or working for Missy but she betrayed the doctor out of loss and grief and the Doctor telling her that betraying him was not going to stop their friendship. Damn that whole 15 minutes was amazing.

The Doctor not caring about the betrayal was just the icing on the cake and it just ties in so well with what they've been doing with these two characters all season.

They did spoil the Cybermen reveal though. Which bummed me out.

I hope they will be similar to those in nightmare in silver.

13. Jon

I wasn't spoiled about the Cybermen. The moment I got clued in was the double doors when he said. "I can't help but feel like I'm missing something."

So, do we think that the Master still has the drums in his/her head?

14. Quick Ben

Most likely not. The drums acted as a kind of time signal for Gallifrey and since they're in a pocket universe now. I'm assuming connection has been lost.

If I'm remembering right, the doctor didn't leave the Master behind did he?

I really hope she doesn't regenerate soon though.

15. Jpzh2d

Jpzh2d Disappeared

Same as me. I avoided looking at the thumbnail on bbc iplayer when I downloaded the episode so I was quite surprised. Also, I think the female master is just setting it up for a female doctor in the future.

The volcano scene was quite good and I liked the relationship between Clara and the doctor. I'm going to guess that Danny gets downloaded into a cyberman and then decides to help the doctor and clara defeat the master.

16. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Which is awesome. Not only does that keep it fresh, but it opens up so much else within the universe.

When it was announced that Smith was done and there would be casting for a Twelth Doctor, half the forums and news sites were suggesting a female and/or not white Doctor. At the time, it felt expected. Hell, I wanted Idris Elba to be the Doctor. He would have nailed it.

What I'm saying is this establishment of the Mistress is going to breathe new life into the show. The Doctor will be a woman, will be a different race, but it will happen naturally instead within established lore and canon, instead of shoehorned in as 'expected'. For whatever flack Moffat deserves, this establishment was done remarkably well.

17. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

While I agree, I do note the utter lack of usage for Rani.

18. Quick Ben

Does the general audience really know who the Rani is? I don't think so.

Don't worry though all those time lords will appear sooner or later.

19. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I thought this episode was average at best. I mean, yeah, the start was amazing. But I felt the rest was just a bit of a let down.

I've always hated the cybermen though, so that might be a part of it.

As for a woman doctor? That'd be nice. This one has been remarkably unmemorable so far. And it's not the acting, it's the writing. It's just... boring.

There's none of the... awesome it used to have. Episodes like the first of 12th, or the finale his first season. The Silence. And so on.

20. Warheart

Warheart Sixth Year

I'd wager they don't, specially the younger audience who started with Eccleston.

Besides, Rani is a detached scientist. She is a sociopath not a psycho like the Master (Mistress?). She wouldn't have been a good fit for Missy.

And if any Time Lord make a return, I'd be interested in Rassilon.