1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    If you make "significant efforts to improve" you'll still get them. But also I just don't give a fuck about the border, or victorious morgana anyway.

2. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

Anyone else been playing the new Hexakill? It's actually pretty damn fun. Constant teamfights and ridiculousness.

Been playing Jayce and absolutely crushing people. I played almost twenty games and only lost two of them. There was even a 5v6 where I went 30/0 with a Penta that was seconds away from being a Hexa. Enemy team had no idea what the hell was happening.

I've noticed that almost no one actually farms jungle, so I would just clear it myself and become Godlike way before everyone else. Aside from the gold, just having extra solo exp had me up to three levels above everyone else. Dem secret OP strats.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    This is for you, Fen.

[​IMG]

4. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I appreciate the homage. Praise the double-stacking items!

I should do that again in Normals. I used to even do it in ranked for a while, and successfully so too(55%+ win rate while I still did that). Probably did 150+ matches that way in ranked.

5. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    There was no rearranging in items. Stacking was the first I bought. I roped our Ezreal into doing the same.

6. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I think back then I would usually go Revolver into Occult THEN Mejai's, then remaining stuff.

7. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    But then you won't have enough time to fully stack before they surrender.

8. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Eh, sure I did. Just keep killing!

Bleh, I wanted to do it in my last game, but... I couldn't because while I barely did better than my lane opponent(despite the enemy 4-manning mid), well... the enemy 4-manned because they absolutely stomped bot lane and jungle.

:EDIT:
    [​IMG]

'twas fun to do it again. Got double 20s simultaneously(first back was Mejai's, Occult and a health potion)). Got four deaths early(ended on a 10-streak) almost entirely because of Vi :(.

:EDIT:
    ...and again(no picture this time). Although it was literally in the last second and a half that I managed it this time. Fun stuff. I really should do this more often.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  9. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Heh, I remember watching one of your games fanraellis, I kinda learned buying s.o.t.occult from you. :D

10. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    The stacking continues.

[​IMG]

For some reason I keep coming up against Zeds when I play Akali. Fucking hate Zeds.

Edit: Losing lane vs Vladimir? You think your only choice is to proceed with your normal build even though you'll be one item behind?

NO!

You have another choice. Praise it! Buy double stacks, fuck off mid and kill the other lanes. Proceed to win game.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  11. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Honestly, I find Zed pretty easy most of the time. Sheen is a major component of my early burst, though. Zhonya's being a given.

Now, setting such back by buying the stacking items is an issue, I suppose, but meh. The sacrifices one makes for greatness, eh?

12. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Well, yes. I rarely consider Sheen, which shows what I know I guess. is it the first item one should build if one is not praising it?

13. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Praising?

Anyway, it's usually my first item in most matchups, unless I really need a Revolver.

14. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    'Praise it', in the case of League of Legends, means buying double stacks.

Edit: RIP, Leviathan.

15. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

To be fair, I only ever tried triple stacks twice... It did work once though, and that was fun. Took up too many item slots, though. =/

16. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I did triple stacks on singed once, back when they still had force of nature. Twas amazing.

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I know, I know, enough with the Akali pics already. But but but but! This game I got a quadra, and the fucking Jinx stole my penta, so I felt quite cheered. Also, as per GrandMaster Fen's instruction, I added Lich Bane to my build. Results were outstanding.

Yes, I died quite a bit early game. BUT! I made my comeback when I bought the doublestacks and won one teamfight.

[​IMG]

Praise it!

18. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Wait... you were playing Akali without a Lich Bane? I thought you just didn't get early game sheen or something but not even a Lich Bane? Also Triple Stacking Akali with the original Hourglass was glorious.

19. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I've always though Lich Bane is a bit overrated on Akali tbh. I rush Gblade and Zhonyas first 2 items almost every game. By that point they'll probably be getting mr so I get void 3rd, lich bane is usually my last or second last item.

20. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Yarrr.
    Same for me, albeit for different reasons, and I generally get Sheen before anything else.

That and... I've actually taken to getting Trinity Force instead of Lich Bane, lately, due to the AP-scaling nerf to Lich Bane(lost around 120-150 damage for my build, if I recall). The bonus damage is now roughly comparable in my build with my sub-500 AP(a bit less than Lich Bane, but the extra AD makes melee procs comparable against similar armor/mres values), extra HP, more movespeed, extra movespeed rage passive, and the attack speed and crit never hurts with her auto attack boosting passive.

My general build is:
    Red Potion + Doran's Shield
    >Sheen
    >Revolver/Merc Treads(very rarely, but sometimes Tabi instead)
    >Seeker's/Cowl(enemy-damage-types depending)
    >Finish Gunblade
    >Build/Finish Zhonya's
    >Build/Finish Spirit Visage
    >Void Staff/Trinity Force(the former first if the enemy has a lot of bulk, the latter first if not)

Occasionally, such as against a full AD team(without any meaningful side-damage as magic either), I might even finish a Trinity Force before even building a Cowl.

I might go back to dropping the Cowl for another AP item, but I really appreciate the mres even more now that Akali's W no longer boosts her defenses. It would probably have to be an Abyssal Scepter or something to justify, but it would be losing HP, CDR, HP Regen and boosted spell vamp. For some (admittedly not insignificant) damage and mres debuff on enemies. The damage amp might make up for the vamp boost loss, but losing the CDR and general HP and HP Regen is of some concern. I'll have to test it in several matches. Maybe I'll like it well enough.

Heh, with the boost to AP, and lowered enemy mres, it might even be worth switching back to Lich Bane(and lose even more HP...:().

Not open for further replies.