1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Quality Naruto fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Inert, Feb 17, 2012.

1. VanRopen

VanRopen Headmaster

I'm a bit torn on the sequel - only in the sense that I feel it had dragged on a bit too long. But I guess it's better to err on the side of too long than too short in exploring that sequence of events.

Still, looks like that's finally taken the first step towards resolution, so I'm happy again.

2. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

Anyone willing to spoil what happens in the sequal, sounds interesting but the first story didn't manage to interest me.

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Well,

Vapors ends with Aiko dying to Pein and then being resurrected by him, like he did in canon, except she has complete memory loss. Doesn't know who she is, where she is. Then Obito shows up and kidnaps her out of there (IIRC he thinks she's the reincarnation of Rin or something, fixates on her pretty creepily).

The sequel basically follows that story, Obito training her up (shoring up the weaknesses that 'Bakashi' instilled in her, etc.) and surreptitiously replacing her eyes with Nagato's Rinnegan (he doesn't expect her to notice, but she does). He tells her she was an undercover Akatsuki agent, and basically brings her into the fold. They kill a couple of jinchuuriki but then Aiko becomes uncomfortable with the goals and escapes, destroying the Gedo Mazou.

She then gets rescued by Kakashi's team and comes back to Konoha. The last few chapters have revolved around Tsunade and co trying to get her back to the old Aiko, by exposing her to familiar stimuli - like VanRopen said, that's starting to work out.

4. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

Seems interesting, thought she got raped or something.

5. Joncis

Joncis Third Year

Yeah, that's actually a good point. The recent chapters are the ones fresh in my memory, but I do remember that it took a bit too long to get to that point. Still, I like where the fic is at now.

6. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

I know this question pops up every so often, but is there any Orochimaru/Naruto apprentice story done right? I recently remembered Strength of the Fox, Cunning of the snake , with the premise, that Orochimaru finds a lonely Naruto and trains him. Basically like canon/Kimimaro.

Sadly the story was a quilty pleasure 2008 and age didn't make it any better.

In my opinion the premise has enough basis without having to resort to massive AUs and Orochimaru has a lot of reasons to do it.

- a fuck you to the Third, the Fourth and Jiraiya
    - a weapon against Akatsuki
    - someone to push Sasuke
    - he could sell the idea to Danzo

7. sonny_yalin

sonny_yalin Third Year

I'm interested in the Orochimaru/Naruto idea as well. Unfortunately, there are very few good ones. Most dissolve pretty quickly from what I've seen.

8. bonnerr2

bonnerr2 Second Year

9. Spunika

Spunika First Year

Hey DLP,

Trying to track down a Naruto / ANBU fic.

From memory;

It was first person POV and followed Naruto through ANBU selection and onto him running missions for ROOT.
    Naruto had to kill Rock Lee during selection
    He ran his ROOT missions with Neji
    He ends up taking the DOG ANBU mask
    It ended up being a Naruto / Ino pairing.

I know, not many details to go off... it has been a while and I only just remembered reading it. Any help would be great :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  10. hmmbot

hmmbot First Year

11. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I think someone talked about that fic earlier in the thread, or maybe a different thread. All I know is that fic is fucking terrible. Killing Lee only to prove a point to other prospective ANBU. Fucking atrocious.

12. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

I've still never seen Lee done justice. Mostly he's just portrayed as a muscle head.

I think it would be interesting seeing how Lee actually copes with the Ninja world. In all aspects.

13. DC

DC Groundskeeper

There's also the fact that it's impossible for Lee to lose a footrace to other ninjas, even after he's done ten times the number of push-ups they have.

14. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Four Teams

It's kinda funny. It's also Naruto/Ino.

15. Rache

Rache Headmaster

I feel that Ino is the Naruto equivalent of Daphne Greengrass. Rarely done right.

16. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I don't get the Ino love, honestly. She is the Naruto equivalent to the stereotypical hot blonde dumb girl, and even more useless than Sakura.

17. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

I think Ino love makes about as much sense as any really. Lets face it as far as romance goes Kishi trolled us all. Ino's character resonated with me more than any other female character in the manga other than Sakura (he spoiled that with the ending though). Whether its her willingness to stand up for Sakura when she was in over her head in the forest of death or her desire and drive to get revenge for Asuma's death, she has shown surprising depth despite her rather limited role. So I will have to disagree with your assessment of her.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  18. Rache

Rache Headmaster

1000th Post yay!

That mission could easily have turned ugly if not for Kakashi and Naruto. I re-watched the episode again and Ino's contribution is very less than what Sakura usually does(Sasori).

Sure Ino is a better developed character than Sakura, but it doesn't change the fact that Ino is one of the most useless characters in the series. All she has is a single jutsu and her choice of clothing is as horrible as Naruto or as someone said, 'Another dumb blonde in the series'.

She goes to hug an Akatsuki! affiliated Sasuke for god's sake.

19. Atri

Atri Groundskeeper

Well, I began to like her after reading Patriot's Dawn. :D

20. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

I agree. As far as abilities and her contribution in combat situations go she is completely useless. I am just saying she has more to her character than being a fangirl. I blame Kishimoto for that. He sucks at writing female characters.