1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General Mafia Discussion

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Apr 4, 2014.

1. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

This has nothing to do with any particular players for me. It's a potential policy that's been brought up and I want to hear your opinion. If you want to act like its personal I'll bow out and keep my mouth shut.

---------- Post automerged at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

I also point out that i don't think its a viable policy but that doesn't really go along with you making me look like a vindictive bitch

2. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Lee, let's not bring names into this. That's making it personal. Stop it. -__-

But, you're aware of what a majority is right?
    Say player A, B and C hate playing with player 1.
    They vote against playing with 1 to the Mod, on a 10-player game.
    3 people on 1 vote. You need at least 5 for something to happen. So nothing will.

Now if players A, B, C, D, E, F, and G all vote against playing with 1, that's 7 votes on one player. More than half.
    And if more than half don't want to play with a certain player, it becomes time for that player not to play.

There's. A difference.

Don't try to look at this through a skewed glass again, Lee.
    If you want to contribute, please do so with that in mind.

---------- Post automerged at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

She keeps ninja'ing me. I'm telling the mods to WOTC her.

3. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Sigh.

Why is this suddenly being brought up now? Dlp has been playing mafia for years, and now this idea pops along since reasons? This is obv due to people having retarded drama between each other. That isn't a reason to bow out Raine, but it is the truth.

You guys are getting way too butthurt over a game of mafia. I don't wanna play with this guy/girl/gender unknown so we're going to develop a voting system to keep certain people out of games? That's ridiculous. I'll respect a mods decision since he /sheis the one who went through the trouble of making and balancing the game. I can understand why some people may want games reviewed. And that's fair.

But this? This is just pointless melodrama. If you don't like someone to the point you won't have fun playing a game of mafia with them, don't play. And please, keeping the votes private won't work. Because someone will say "Oh I didn't vote for you to not play" and by process of elimination it becomes pretty obvious. I like Little Italy, and I like playing mafia with you guys, but if you want to start a voting process for who can play what because you personally don't like the person, fuck this.

4. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Out of thumbs, but what Lee said.

5. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

It's being brought up because someone that I believe is new to this particular forum bought it up as a suggestiong. I'm commenting on it because it's been put to general opinions.

I don't think its a viable or working policy but I wanted to hear others opinions and scenariors. You assume the worst of me and interject that I can only be commenting for personal reasons. It's not but if my opinion carries the worry of vindictive bias even when I agree with you then I'm not a god candidate to discuss this so I'll leave you all to it.

6. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That said, I'm pretty confident that a system like this wouldn't work out. If you've got over half of the players actively seeking out the mod to ask another player doesn't play, that person has probably done something so bad as to be banned/barred from mafia in general.

Anything less than that, and you won't be getting a majority of players doing that instinctively anyway - unless the mod does something unbelievably stupid like bringing it out into the open. Which is obviously a stupid idea and would degenerate into unbelievable drama.

Thus, this system a) isn't going to work any better than current setup and b) is liable to create a crapton of drama.

7. Sloth

I feel we could benefit from a system like that, but again, we don't have the numbers for it. It doesn't mean we shouldn't approach it and see how to make it work for when we do.

Really, Lee - you're the one that's not listening and simply complaining. Is the idea that if over half the players don't want to play with a certain characters, THEY shouldn't be the ones to leave really such a ridiculous concept for you?
    It's not drama, it's statistics. Stop trying to make it dramatic.

But consider the matter dropped, I suppose.

8. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Oh my.

Yeah a new system to exclude people from mafia games is totally not personal in the slightest.

Raine. Stop being sensitive.

Dlp mafia used to have a player base along the same size. And people, just like now, didn't always get along. But they still played together. They didn't try to exclude others. If they didn't like someone, they didn't play and made no biggie out of it, since it's a fucking game.

---------- Post automerged at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Sloth.

Raine.

You guys aren't getting it. I've played mafia here for years. It's not like we suddenly have way more people or anything, it's that some people are being overtly. fucking. sensitive.

You guys remember this is a game right? Like you don't have to play. Trying to implement or even consider a system to exclude people is beyond fucking lame.

And please do continue, this needs to be discussed if we want anything to be resolved or changed.

9. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

....I agree with you. Jesus fucking christ. I've said it like 3 times that this isn't a good system.

I have a better question why are you so hell bent to make it seem like I am trying to exclude people?

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I assume if you want to discuss this, you obviously have some consideration or opinion for what Fonti suggested.

If you don't like what Fonti said, what do you want, Raine. Because that's how it is seeming to me.

11. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

I want to discuss because it seems a few people are upset and I want to see if there's a means to make people happy.

I don't think this is it.

You can't make EVERYONE happy but it doesn't hurt to explore options. It doesn't mean I think that the conversation ends.

12. Sloth

1 - you're not addressing anything I say. It makes continuing pointless. Sorry, I mean no offense by that, it's just true.

2 - In this case you're the one being sensitive: We keep bringing up why it makes sense, you keep bringing up the emotional aspect of it.

Unless that changes, yeah, we're pretty much done here. Or do you want to keep at it?

13. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I'm sorry Sloth, I can't make it more clear than "People are being overtly fucking sensitive and trying to exclude people from a game of mafia for since wahhh is fucking stupid".

But this isn't going anywhere, we have different values. So we can end it here.

14. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I think we should simply make the rules stricter about what isn't acceptable behavior in games. Things like personal attacks, posting in all caps, or even not making en effort to spell correctly. People who break the rules get a warning. People who continue to break the rules get banned from playing mafia for some period of time (or permanently if it's serious enough).

Make it about a minimum standard of behavior, not specific people.

15. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    The sad thing is Rubi, we didn't used to need that. Apparently now we do, and while it is acceptable it is def disappointing. And nobody wants to mod anything.

---------- Post automerged at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

And I'm not just talking out of my ass, I mean I've talked to board mods about this and nobody cbf'd.

16. Sloth

That's a compromise I suppose.

But look, I know I said not to bring names into this, but it kinda sounds like you're describing one specific player here.

17. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Zzz.

Yeah. Nobody else has ever personally attacked and slung shit here in a game of mafia.

18. Sloth

Sure, Lee. Those are the parts I was talking about. /sigh

19. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

I can't do thumbs up so I'm doing it I'm spirit rubicon

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Also, why in the world are random people coming in to post in a thread they have no business participating in to antagonize someone who was already upset?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015