1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Oh yeah, I'm Palindrome#2592 by the way. Add me if you want!

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Trying to buy GvG packs:

-Buy packs.
    -Open packs.
    -Recognize cards as classic.
    -You bought classic card packs.
    -Apply palm to forehead.

3. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    So I have full board of minions. And I do mean full, no space left. I'm about to kill the hell out of this cancer Hunter, who only a DrBoom+bots on board. Now, my minions give 2 damage short lethal, but I have a dire wolf on hand and a Leper Gnome on deck. I also Knife Juggler on board, which is dangerous considering the Bots.

So, I attack the Leper Gnome on the DrBoom to make space and deal 2 damage. Then, I run all but the two far-left minions into his face. Then, I deploy the Dire Wolf between those two minions.

My thought process being that with the full board of minions who already attacked and my face, even if the Jugler kills the Bot (50% chance) chances are very slim that Bot will hit anything vital. Even if it does, my minions have 3 HP, chances are they'll survive.

Not only does the Juggler kill a bot, not only does it hit one of the only 2 out of 8 viable targets, not only does it deal 4 fucking damage, but it also chooses the Zombie chow, killing it. Not only do I not have lethal anymore, but Chow deathrattle brings the Hunter away from kill range, and he proceeds to double KC me.

This must be the greatest example of RNG that I have witnessed, to date.

4. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Still about a 1 in 7 or 1 in 9 chance to lose the juggle (depending on whether or not Chow was part of those that hadn't attacked yet). Pretty annoying, though.

(Assuming you didn't toss +1hp on the Direwolf and all other minions had 3hp)

5. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

My worst case of RNG is when I played Avenging Wrath when an enemy mage was on 2 HP after he wiped my board, and did seven damage to his 7 health of minions, leaving only one to hit face. He Antique Healbotted the next turn and I lost.

6. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    What the hell is this. Why is everyone playing Hunter? 14 of my last 20 games were Hunters, 5 were Warlocks, and a single Druid.

Every single Hunter deck is a cancer deck, too. Fucking hell.

Chow hadn't attacked yet.

7. Oment

1 in 9, then. (Well, 10.94 % or thereabouts provided I didn't fudge the math).

Aggrodecks are always more popular on ladder, because they make for quick games, generally speaking. If you want to hit Legend, going for a 55 % winrate deck with 8 games an hr is going to beat out a 75 % winrate deck that only gets in 4 games an hr. The hunter thing is pretty annoying, though.

I watched this game on Trump's stream yesterday - it's... something else entirely. http://youtu.be/BVoyehT_h1s

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  8. theronin

theronin Order Member

I'm telling you rep, play warrior. It works. Control warrior tends to do really well vs hunter, and if you are on a budget otk works nearly as well, but is much harder to play.

9. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

I play CW and it's fine and all, but the games are so long it's not really good for ladder if you want to raise your rank in a reasonable fashion. My last 2 were fatigue wins against Shaman and Paladin, both over 15 minutes and average is above 10. In comparison the few games I played with Zoo were all around 5 minutes.

Now I have 2 Hunter quests so we'll see how long that takes with Cancer, probably not long...

10. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

If you're going to play Control warrior, ask yourself this:

Q: How many legendaries do I need to play CW?

A: Yes.

11. theronin

theronin Order Member

Combo version takes 0 legends, but the point about length of games is true enough. The bonus is that the other guy hates you now, and if you aren't doing that, you aren't doing control right :p

12. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Huzzah! First ever 12 wins in Arena! Me and Oment drafted this and played it through. We reached 4-2, and then just stomped through everything and everyone. Which was surprising, considering we drafted 2 Concecrations and 1 Avenging Wrath but didn't get any Equalities.

Perhaps poetically, the Final Boss of the Arena was another Paladin, and we spammed Well Met and Well Played all throughout, when we weren't smashing each other's faces with our swords.

The second loss was due to the Avenging Wrath, who failed to kill either of two 2-Health minions (the only ones on the board). After that and the berating the AW got from both me and Oment, the AW shaped up, and became rather the overachiever.

Decklists follow:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Oment

Slight correction: the Avenging Wrath went face 7 times and hit the 3/2 (Faerie Dragon) once, leaving the 3/3 Snowchugger alone. Had that one gone the opposite way, Consecrate could've saved the proverbial bacon.

I think that's a 1 in ~6500 scenario, by the way.

14. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

Congrats on the 12. Paladin was my first 12 wins like a year ago, still remeber it had 2x Consecration and 2x Equality and my last opponent was a Paladin with Sylvanas and Tirion, though it turned out one of the easiest games as my opponent had less of a clue what he was doing than I was and at that point that was quite the achievement.

15. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

If anyone wants to add me for casual games, I'm Plotless#2985

16. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

Duckslayer22#1611

17. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I just bombed out of arena because a shaman pulled 5 taunt totems in a row to protect his 7/6. Doing the math, that's a 1/1024 chance.

18. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I am fucking sick of all the huntards.

19. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Well, at least undertaker huntard lets you play BGH on curve by turn 3.

In all seriousness, I detest the class simply because it requires no thinking at all, just "Hit face. Repeat."

20. Oment

Somehow, Blizzard's managing to make it even more about hitting the face - I'm fairly sure the older Hunter meta (pre GvG, even pre Buzzard and Leeroy nerf) was far more zoo-esque in that board control was an essential part of the game for Hunter.