1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Because he's a tank.

2. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Well, I mean if you are using Mordekaiser as an example, it's no wonder that you guys are using defining mobility differently. Correctly me if I'm wrong, but Mordekaiser is probably the ONLY champion in the game without a cc/movement ability. If you think Urgot can be considered mobile too, well... mobility creep must be just how the game has been since beta.

And really, mobility is part of what makes the game fun. Imagine two Mordekaiser 1v1ing each other. There's no such thing as outplaying anymore (in a duel, not laning). It's just who's more fed and has better items.

3. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Death is the only CC I require.

Aka dies to removal.

I'm given to understand that people who actually played in beta do think that mobility creep is a thing. The only people who don't are Riot to my knowledge. The argument mainly stems from whether or not the increasingly common high mobility designs of Champions is bad for the game and whether or not it leaves older champions unable to be played.

And I think you're being facetious about the Mordekaiser on Mordekaiser duel idea, but I'll respond in two parts. The first is that a mirror match on mordekaiser actually takes a lot of mechanical skill, and the more serious answer is that having degrees of mobility is in fact a very pleasant part of the game. The only thing to complain about is if everyone has high mobility and no weaknesses to make up for it. On this front Riot has been doing very well in balancing by giving people with lots of mobility weaknesses.... Eventually.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Shen is one of my three top lane choices (other than Mao or Riven). Each serves a purpose for when I'm forced top.

5. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

While I don't disagree that playing Mordekaiser requires a certain degree of mechanical skill, but there's honestly no way you could argue a 1v1 duel between two Mordekaiser will result in anything but who has better items /levels advantage. The only possible skill you can mess up with is the E. The Q would go off on each other, R is a target, and W will do damage just by walking next to them (or they walk next to you, if they want their own W/Q damage). Unless by certain degree of mechanical skill you mean aiming the E in the right direction, I don't see how it matters at all.

That's not to say a mirror match laning phase of Mordekaiser won't require skill though. I'm pretty certain I can stomp a lower elo Mordekaiser 10 out of 10 times. But, that wasn't what I was referring to.

As for mobility, it's true that the general level of mobility has increased in all champions. But likewise, we've seen decreases in flash range, increase in flash cd, etc. We could say Kassadin is one of the oldest champions in the game, and his mobility has decreased by a LOT. Same goes for TF, for Shaco, etc. Still, these are all relatively minor. The biggest cause of this "mobility creep" is honestly the decrease in cc duration for most champions. And in the end, most of these "nonmobile" champions still remain one of the strongest in the game. Ashe, Nasus, Blitz, Veigar, Heimerdinger, just to list off some beta champions.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    I love watching Gnar. Insec like flash ulties are so awesome, they basically win team fights.

With the power of the Dragon buffs now, Azir is just ridiculous. So much objective control.

7. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    AKALI AND FIZZ NERFS? WHY, RITO? WHY?

Why is riot target nerfing me :(

RIP Fizz. RIP Akali. Fucking riot.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    I've been playing Azir lately. I shied away from him because I thought he had a ridiculously high skill req.

Not really. He's proper OP too, especially in this new super dragon buff era.

I just move onto the next one when we get nerfs, lol

9. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Use the ult so they can't get out of range of the sand soldiers?

Did some similar womboing with mumu.

11. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I think he means the Blood Boil, since it affects the soldiers.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    Ah, werd. Didn't think of that.

Just read over notes. Not sure how Fizz changes will play out in terms of his 100-0 potential. I mean, if you hit CtW, you're still gonna murder someone...

Akali changes are annoying though.

I love the new Nid and Kat Warring Kingdoms skins though :3

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  13. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    He will still be perma banned in ranked. Pretty sure.

14. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Lucky tried to swap adc's on me in a normal. So I swapped to whatever my mouse was on when the timer ended. Turns out it it's Kassadin. Rough early lane since Lucky keeps trying to all in when he knows we're weaker. Then he whines like a bitch and goes to sulk in his corner. Rest of the game goes great, especially when we're effectively 4v5 the teamfights. Got them to surrender ~30 min. Fun game.

People taking normals way too seriously are ridiculous.

15. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    ................. I was content to say nothing Dellez, but if you want to start shit on a DLP thread, fine.

You lost us laning phase by picking a troll support. Not only that, but you took ignite so you yourself would get the kills. That is incredibly frustrating, and honestly I don't care if it's a normal, you're effectively wasting my time.

16. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

I dunno. You have played 80 ranked games in a week to still be in Silver 2 so I can't imagine time being an issue.

17. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

We wouldn't have lost lane if you didn't keep trying to go all in. Our Rek'sai was good, he ganked bot at opportune times.

I was taking ignite anyway, even as Leona.

And if you whine all game, of course I'm gonna post in DLP.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    Running to the 'teacher' is so weak my 4 year old nieces and nephews are too embarrassed to do it.

If you're gonna troll support, do it with people who don't care or you're close with.

19. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Honestly, (though Kassadin is a pretty bad support, lol), there are very few champions that can't do well as support. As long as they can do damage, than that's generally good enough. The support items are OP enough that it it's okay.

Ignite on support is actually more common nowadays. I personally still prefer my support, or when I play support, to always grab exhaust. But, with how much heal is used in botlane, it's not a bad summoner spell to grab. Generally though, if my support grabs ignite, I will grab exhaust myself.

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

If you win, it doesn't matter. :sherlock:

Not open for further replies.