1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

I've only seen Fel Reaver in Arena, but from what I've seen that card can fuck you up so good I'm mostly happy when someone plays it. Freeze? Check. Annoy-o-tron? Check. Jeeves when you have him already taking fatigue damage? God yes. That rogue probably wasn't happy when he was taking 12 fatigue damage total on turn 9, though at that point it was just academical as I wanted to see how Jeeves interacts with fatigue.

2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fel Reaver is a fantastic card in arena. Strong minion early game that forces your opponent to use removal or ends the game quickly. Very, very rarely do arena matches get to fatigue, so there's really not much danger in discarding cards.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Fel Reaver in Arena has killed me 2/3 times. Unless you have the perfect removal already in hand, Fel Reaver gets value very easily and very fast.

4. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

How to be supremely annoying in Arena.

Step 1: Draft a Warlock deck that runs the gamut of extremely good to pretty terrible cards.
    Step 2: Coin Stonesplinter Trogg on Turn 1. Watch him ping on T2.
    Step 3: See below.
    [​IMG]

His T4 was Ironbeak Owl on the 2/2 Wraith.

Two Mana Wraiths, Two Elven Archers - one of which [the one not in hand] ends up being an exact lethal topdeck on T7, a Nerubar Weblord, but also 3 regular Yetis, Dread Infernal, Stormwind Champion and Ragnaros. 5-1 now.

5. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

After 4 months I finally managed another 12 win arena and a few days later I did it again, considering GvG was really messing with my win rate it's some kind of miracle. First was a 12-2 Mage with only Blizzard, but Jeeves was the MWP. The last a 12-1 Paladin with 3 Spellbreakers, though I'd say I won most of the games because of Coghammer. If you can play it on turn 3 and have a minion on board it's game over. For my 11th win a Warrior just flat out surrendered after I played that on turn 5.

Druid used to be my best class by far, but GvG didn't do him any favours so I'm probably back to 5-6 wins territory, if I don't want to spam Mage or Paladin, but that's tedious on the best of days.

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

OKAY. I HAVE TO VENT.

Just played Mechlock against Hunter.

Got him down to 2 HP against my 11 HP. I had no more cards due to Fel Reaver.

He had Taunted Savvanah Highmane, Spider and Leokk.

I had Neurbian Webspinner, Mech Yeti and Piloted Shredder.

I had the match fucking WON. Only his Leokk could attack which had been +1' attacked, so it was JUST enough to take out the Piloted Shredder. I'd been both the Nerubian and Yeti to take out the Taunted Highmane.

It came down to a simple thing.

I needed the minion that it summoned to have 2 attack, and I would win.

He kills the Shredder.

It summons fucking DOOMSAYER and wipes out both our boards.

I have no more cards except a 1 mana spare part from the Yeti.

Game. Fucking. Over.

-flips table.-

7. theronin

theronin Order Member

I found your problem :p

But yea that sucks. RNG is a bitch.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I almost wonder if the RNG is biased, because it's kinda ridiculous how often a Doomsayer pops out.

Kinda like how I always get King Krush from Unstable Portal (but I'm not complaining lol)

9. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Never had a Doomsayer pop out. I am seeing a disproportionate amount of Annoy-o-trons pop from Shredders, though - both mine and my opponent's - and my lone Piloted Sky Golem in the Paladin deck loves his Screwjank Clunkers.

Also, Millhouse from Shredders.

10. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

It's not a particular minion, just the one that would cause the most problems. He needs cards, have a Cult Master, need taunt, here's a Sen'Jin.

As for Shredders I get a disproportional number of either Millhouse or Lightwell. Probably isn't true, but getting them just stays in my memory more than some x minion.

11. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Got tired of normal arenas, drafted Hobgoblin as my first card and based the rest of my deck around it for a laugh. I have eleven 1 attack drops, as well as three fireballs and a flamestrike. Won my first game despite not drawing Hobgoblin. I have a feeling that's going to be a problem.

Edit: Second guy conceded turn 5 to two 3/5 mana wyrms and a 3/5 unstable ghoul. Working incredibly well.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  12. Jon

[​IMG]

Just lol.

13. Jon

Next game... Ready for a Rollercoaster?

Before these images I had Mountain Giant out which got Death'ed, then Mal'Ganis which Got deathed. I figured 2 Defendered Molten giants would be safe then, right? No. Wrong. Velens Chosen Double Holy Nova. -flips table-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Jon

This just happened.

[​IMG]

15. Jon

This guy didn't even realize why I was letting him go face until I dropped 3 giants and 2 sunfury. He shat his pants.

[​IMG]

16. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

This is making me want to play again but I can't because GW2 is taking up all my time.

17. Jon

First time I've used the Demonlock deck in ranked. Cock as fuck warrior.

[​IMG]

18. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

could you link to your deck Jon if its posted on any of the various deck sites?

19. Jon

The original deck called for 2 Siphon Souls, but I put in a Bane of Doom for one of them. I can't remember where I got the deck from, but It's a fun one. May need some tweaking higher up in the ladder, but definitely give it at least 10 goes in normal before heading to ranked. You need to develop a good sense of when you can hold off doing shit to benefit yourself.

I think one thing that you have to learn the hardway is: Don't be afraid to Voidcaller Jaraxxus as just a minion. It isn't optimal, but it can work.

[​IMG]

20. theronin

theronin Order Member

I believe the original demonlock deck was designed by Strifecro.