1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General Mafia Discussion

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I tried to break it to you gently.

2. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

God, I hate snow. Bon voyage is what I would say to snow.
    Snow, Bon voyage.
    Snow Bon, voyage.

(Seriously fuck all this snow falling from the skies)

3. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

But it is pretty?

Especially the Von parts :D

4. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

No, pretty sure hating snow is the right way to go. It gets to the point it's like a day from disappearing, and then it snows another few inches...

Is survivor going to be next? Or is there going to be something else? If I seeing it right I think Qqqqqq was next in the game queue.

I'd be interested in a game that starts after this weekend (will be away Th-S), or could otherwise throw together a quick filler....

5. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Survivor is not next, it's going to be a little while.

6. Sloth

Oh. Then who's next? The Queue is in disarray right now.

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I would like to push my game back in the queue (now is not a great time for me, with all these tests).

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Think the queue is:
    Mafia:
    1.Qqqqqq (unknown, G&V #246/276)
    2. Mathblade (G&V #254, unknown New player friendly?)
    3. His Fluffiness (Naruto, #283 )
    4. The Waco Kid (Pokemon #287)

Pretty sure Citrus had dropped out of queue for Mafia (#282 in Games & variant thread).

Survivor: (Think Lexicat said it was a seperate queue).
    1. Riley/Citrus/Delphine

My game isn't ready to go (still working on balance, and needs a reviewer to pass Lexicat's criteria), tho as I said above I could have a small filler ready to start early next week

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  9. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Ah. I'd rather delay slightly, but failing that I can start a (closed) signup thread in 2-3 days.

---------- Post automerged at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

I'm happy to help review yours, Waco.

10. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Whilst the above remains true, I'd like to clarify that I wouldn't have a set setup to show when I start the thread - I'll be developing it based on work I've done in the past/recent thoughts over the next week and a half, and then adapting it to how many people turn up.

It'll absolutely be checked before I start the game - as well as during development - but won't have it in a state to share by Saturday.

(Timetable is: start signup thread Saturday, close signups 2-3 weeks afterwards, launch game within a week after that. Game days 48/24, with no twilight.)

11. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

So I take it Q goes first? And who exactly is on the review board so I can PM them? There were lots of volunteers but I am not sure who to PM.

---------- Post automerged 03-05-2015 at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was 03-04-2015 at 22:24 ----------

I sent a PM to Lexicat with the setup :) Awaiting feedback :)

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Well I haven't heard anything back yet from Lexi and my game has to get approved by her before it can start. So has anyone heard from her or should I just post the setup here publically? Not quite sure how to go forward from here.

13. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I need my DLP mafia fix
    halp

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Math, you can send the setup to me, if you want. I'll look over it.

15. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Done! :) I am v/la due to RL but I will respond to questions as fast as possible :)

---------- Post automerged 03-14-2015 at 09:05 ---------- Previous post was 03-13-2015 at 10:00 ----------

Okay I have been talking with Fonti and have the setup reviewed for 18 players. It will be a semi-open setup with no bastardness. I plan on posting more on Sunday. If 18 people don't sign up the numbers will need to be adjusted accordingly.

This is also what may be considered a "low power" game to be more newbie friendly.
    Game start would depend on when things fill up. This is a low flavor game with all potential role PMs shared at start. Your role would be PMed to you. The others would be provided for comparison.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

(y)

This is a poor (in post count) man's thumbs up for you Mathblade

17. Sloth

Oh is stuff happening? Cool. Hey, Ter, stuff is happening.

18. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

19. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Sorry I haven't been as active guys. I got swamped at school. That time of year again. :p

20. Thingyman

Thingyman Muggle

Hello guys.

If I'm posting this in the wrong place or if this is an unwanted post, I apologize and please of course feel free to delete it, but I'm very much hoping this will be interesting to you.

Invitation to The Mafia Championship Season 2

In 2013-2014 I hosted a Mafia Championship that featured more than 100 different players from more than 45 different mafia communities. Each community chose their best player to represent them and they battled it out. The best players from the initial games advanced to a finale game where an ultimate winner was decided. The event was endorsed and supported by the creator of mafia himself (Dmitry Davidoff) who even offered to have a private chat with the ultimate winner. Overall it was a huge success and spawned many cross-over games between sites.

I am hoping that you guys will want to participate in season 2 :)

If you are interested, I need one representative to play on behalf of your community. How you decide this representative is completely up to you.

Note: I had to drop a site and this is why I am coming to you guys so late. This unfortunately means that I would need a quick answer of whether your community is interested and I'd preferably need the representative decided by April 2nd.

Now, this part is important: You should of course be aiming to send one of your best players. But more important than that, that person needs to be able to participate adequately in terms of activity. Be prepared for up towards 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. More on the game format below.

The current plan for season 2

• 65 different communities will be represented.
    • 1 player per community for the entire season (preferably).
    • 5 qualifying games will be played with 13 players each.
    • 2 players advance to the finale from each game based on post-game votes.
    • 3 additional players are granted wildcard spots.

Game setup

The game will have a very basic mafia setup: 3 mafia members, 9 vanilla townies and 1 cop. The cop starts the game with a random vanilla townie peek. Roles revealed upon death.

Some communities are not very used to playing basic setups like this, but for the first season, we utilized a setup with a good share of power roles, so this time around we are trying something new. For season 3 we will switch it up again.

Days will last 36 hours and nights 12 hours, meaning 48 hours (2 days) per game day. With one exception: The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) will be one game day (so day will be 60 hours and night 12 hours on weekends). This means the game will last a maximum of 2 weeks.

Timeline

There will be 5 games in April and May. The first game is set to start April 6th. I would send out a Doodle to all the participants and they can then mark off which start date would suit them the best. Expect the finale to be played in June or July.

Also, it is a priority to ensure as much as possible that all the players in any given game has no prior history of playing with each other to ensure a level playing field, but I cannot 100 % guarantee that this won’t happen.

Links to season 1

Qualifying game #1: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...hampions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1368321/

Qualifying game #2: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...hampions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1381100/

Qualifying game #3: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...hampions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1428519/

Qualifying game #4: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...hampions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1439835/

Finale game: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...ate-game-mafia-champions-game-thread-1489540/