1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Memes Part III

Discussion in 'The Humor Mill' started by Oz, Jul 19, 2012.

1. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Repost, but totally worth it for the Dumbleburn.

2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

3. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

That was disgusting.

4. ScottPress

High Score:
    But like, in a funny way.

5. Qwop

Qwop Squib

6. ScottPress

High Score:
    A wild Draquesha appears... again...

Seriously though, this is old.

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And still not very funny.

8. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Goddamn I was terrified of a wild dickbutt appearing. Fucking imgur what have you done to me?!

9. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    [​IMG]

10. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

11. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It's interesting to note that everyone of those goes 'could have been' but Ron's is 'would have been a trans girl.'

12. Qweqwe123

Qweqwe123 Fourth Year

thats because the OP of that thing is a ginger soulless freak and thinks they should have gotten the role as "ron".

13. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    Daywalker! DAYWALKER!

14. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I just want them all dead. Unquestionably dead. Dead by gruesome and horrifying means.

I really don't care about the specifics so long as it's long and agonizing and final.

Those kind of people piss me off like no other, mostly because they're so devoid of any sort of creativity, all they can think about is the most shallow of all changes: what if they looked different or as it's been the fad for the past couple of years what if they weren't white or straight? It's sad, really. But I still want them dead.

15. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

Don't know why I'm arguing with a meme, but...

>> It could have been written different
    Harry Potter could have been black.

Black hair that couldn't be tamed... unusual green eyes... treated like a slave... what makes you think he wasn't?

>> Ron Weasley would have been a trans girl

He's the comedy relief- do you really want the tranny being treated like that?

>> Hermione Granger could have been bisexual

Yeah... and maybe she was. It just wasn't relevant in Harry's life to mention that she and Ginny shared more than a bed over the holidays

>> Neville Longbottom could have been autistic

He very nearly was- his parents stepped in to take it for him, though

>> Luna Lovegood could have been in a wheelchair

She actually evidences autism, but you want to hold her back from lookng for snorcacks? What matter would it make for her shoes to be stolen, then?

>> Fred and George could have been gender fluid

They very nearly were conjoined twins but for magic

>> Tonks could have been a lesbian

Er... in my fanon she's bisexual by nature. Why limit her? i have my own gripes about the misuse of Tonks, but really this is the least sensible change imaginable

>> Remus could have had OCD

Okay, now you're just being cruel- he already has a chronic illness that compares to AIDS and the 90's-era social rejection to go with it and ... just what books did you read, anyway?

>> Sirius could have been Pakistani

Not... really, no. Besides, most of his family is evil, so the statement about distrust in foreign clans would be the wrong message to send, yeah?

>> It could have been different. It could have been diverse. It could have given actual weight to its own anti-discrimation messages.
    But it didn't because JKR wrote it that way. That's sort of the issue.

Instead the books hinted at all of these things without laying a single judgement upon them, which allowed her to tell a story about a kid with a destiny growing up to choose to die. Made millions with it, too. Tell your own story about the dozen non-normative friends who save the world. If you focus on the adventure rather than each character carrying a placard about 'this is my issue!' it might even sell a few copies.

16. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Had a laugh at this one. :)

17. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I know the title of the thread doesn't actually specify "funny" memes, but FFS...

This shit is infuriating. :facepalm

You know what, it's just like a brain dead worthless sack of SJW shit to spout garbage like this. It's so easy to look at something someone else created and then go on and on about how they could have made it "mean" more and they should be castigated because they didn't... and when they say 'mean more' they mean that what JKR should have done was not, in fact, follow her dream and write what she was inspired to write, but to meticulously design a not-even-thinly-veiled manifesto on how everyone is wonderful and equal (unless you're a cis-het-white-male piece of shit) and how even if you're so stupefyingly psychotic to list your race as "cinnamon bun other-kin" on tumblr, we're all simply the way we were born to be: Something custom designed to simultaneously be a banal hand job for every cock-eyed jackass who thinks everyone should bend over and kiss their ass because their neuroses make them special, and not just a kook, while also functioning as a fucking multiracial/cultural/sexual bonanza Benetton ad so carefully crafted to suck the metaphorical dick of everyone on the planet and show how awesome they are (except the aforementioned white dudes), while not being offensive to anyone or leaving anyone out, that all of the joy, wonder, and soul is sucked right the fuck out of it.

Which makes sense, because SJWs are basically the real-world equivalent of dementors.

Well, so sorry that JKR wrote what was in her heart instead of a propaganda poster for the so-called ideals of the laziest, most weasel-hearted pack of callow assholes on the face of the planet. I hate these so-called internet activists. They're a perfect example of the kind of chumps that talk big online but do jack shit about anything in the real world except piss and moan about their life. People, you want the book you just described? Get off your phony asses and write it yourselves. But none of them can create worth a damn, they want others to do it for them... and what passes for genuine ambition among them is to co-opt what others have already built, instead of just whinging that someone else could do 'X' in order to be the better person. :facepalm

This generation's Voldemort will point out how much less privilege they have than everyone else, and how that gives them the right to walk on everyone else.

My happy thought for the day: Every one of these dipshits choking on a dead horse's diseased and distended asshole. Fuck 'em.

Here, some cat-mione tax for the rant.

I'll find something funny to post, later. :(

18. Lium

Lium First Year

Dunno what kind of shit you've been reading, but none of that stuff was even remotely implied in canon HP.

19. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Warlocke

It's complete bullshit that I cannot give you more than one thumbs up for your post.

20. Qweqwe123

Qweqwe123 Fourth Year

Yes there were if one looks for it hard enough and squint and tilt your head so its up ones own ass than its there, otherwise no you are correct it isn't there.