1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Threa(d/t) V

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Mar 1, 2015.

1. sonny_yalin

sonny_yalin Third Year

That could be interesting. Maybe Rick and Morty get stuck in HPverse because Rick's portal gun doesn't work around magic? It'd be interesting to see how Rick would handle a situation where he no longer has tech, but only his brain to fend off hordes of wizards. That being said, some of the allure of the show is the interesting technology and places R&M go, so being stuck in one place (while being muggles) might need more thought.

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Son, this is Rick we're talking about. There's no way his crazy technology wouldn't work around magic.

After all, he was able to neutralize and modify magical/cursed objects made by the Devil himself.

I fully expect Rick to cheat and exploit wizards and goblins for all they're worth.

3. sonny_yalin

sonny_yalin Third Year

Oh, shit! I completely forgot about that episode. Seeing as there's a precedent for that kind of thing, it makes sense.

4. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Don't think that's a good idea. With the way humor in fanfiction usually goes it would be a train wreck. And not the good kind where you watch from the side. The bad kind where you get hit by a train.

5. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd read that, though I've yet to come across any good Half-Life fics.

6. Rayndeon

Rayndeon Professor

Harry/Ginny Soul Bond plot bunny: Yes, a soul bond fic, but one that I think can be considered a somewhat plausible extrapolation of canon.

Just as much as Ginny pours her essence into Riddle's diary, so too does the same in reverse - Riddle's memories and soul begins to take root in Ginny as her First Year progresses. When Harry comes to rescue her in the Chamber of Secrets and stabs the diary horcrux, the destruction is incomplete: the soul fragment latches onto Ginny, effectively making her into a horcrux similar to Harry.

Like Harry, she starts to inherit some of Riddle's characteristics. She can speak Parseltongue now, she has an aptitude for the Dark Arts, certain spells and knowledge seem familiar to her - as if she's encountered them before, etc.

Most importantly, she now shares a connection to Voldemort, similar to Harry, and is likewise beset by visions and nightmares (such as witnessing Frank Bryce's death or feeling Voldemort's emotions). However, because both Harry and Ginny are now horcruces, just as much as Harry and Ginny share a connection to Voldemort, they also have a connection to each other now - a connection that becomes exacerbated the more time they spend with each other.

This forces Dumbledore to include Ginny into his plans, with regards to both the Prophecy and Harry's status as a horcrux. For not only must he plan the eventual murder of Harry Potter, but Ginevra Weasley as well.

7. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You mean the prophecy that he felt should be completely disregarded except as it pertained to Voldemort's plans of how to act?

8. Andrela

Plot Bunny:

The initial premise is a typical dimension travel story, where Harry goes to another dimension.

In this case, it happens during Voldemort's resurrection in GoF. The Priori Incantantem effect is interrupted by an unknown anomaly appearing near Harry and Voldemort.

This turns out to be a portal to another dimension, created by people from the other side.

Harry jumps into the portal to avoid Voldemort's attacks and is sent to the other dimension. The portal disappears once he's on the other side.

Harry is greeted by several wizards dressed in white who claim that he accidentally became the world's first interdimensional traveler.

He asks to be sent back, but they claim that it's going to be hard to "tune in" to his reality and it's going to take some time.

Meanwhile, he's asked to sit down with them and tell them about this world.

He instead wants to see Dumbledore.

They don't know who that is.

He tells them about Grindelwald, they don't recognize him either.

He tries Voldemort, no reaction. He tells them his own name, they don't recognize it.

Harry eventually starts listing off names and comparing the world he knows with them.

They finally reach a point of divergence between their universes: Salazar Slytherin.

In Harry's world, Slytherin left Hogwarts and created the Chamber of Secrets. In this world, he stayed behind, made peace with other Founders and eventually married Rowena Ravenclaw.

This altered almost the entire history of wizarding Britain, with families such as Gaunts never existing. Blood purism never became a thing and a whole lot of stuff is changed.

--

The problem with such an idea is that it would require an entire universe of OCs because nobody from canon exists. And I don't think DLP would be down for a cast of OCs ;)

9. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Well, it could be played for laughs. For example, somebody with the last names like Filch or Shunpike as the Minister of Magic, for example.

10. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

Or everyone has the first name 'Steve'.

If this seems like a terrible idea, I ask for patience: this is the fourth time this month I've lost several minutes to staring at Xandrel's avatar.

11. Andrela

I know the feeling ;)

Edit: Oh, the Rule 34 pictures I could show you...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  12. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

"Can you do one of those Undetectable Extension charms on a body cavity, Harry? I only ask because *brraaak* I have a lot of stuff I'd like to smuggle into Acklor 9."

"Uh"

"A lot of dangerous and very illegal stuff, Harry."

"Well, that's-"

"They have the double death penalty on Acklor 9, Harry. It's not the kind of place you want to be caught smuggling."

"Double death?"

"They kill you, revive you, then kill you again."

"That... seems excessive."

"Yeah *brraaap* expensive, too, but that's part of the reason their tariffs are so high, Harry. Being killed twice sucks, Harry, it takes years off your life. Say, how long do runes last if they're written in lube?"

"Yeah, that's not going to-"

"I only ask because I really, really, need to smuggle this stuff into Acklor 9."

"I can't-"

"I've got a feeling we're going to be good friends, Harry. Rick and Harry and their partially magical adventures, Harry. Rick and Harry forever and forever. 100 years, Rick and Harry’s things..."

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  13. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Say, how long do runes last if they're written in lube?

THE GREATEST QUESTION EVER ASKED THAT I DON'T WANT ANSWERED!

14. Alpharius

Alpharius First Year

I'd be interested in Harry being raised by Krombopulos Michael and being his sidekick. Maybe Krom is contracted to kill the Dursleys, and Harry is so hateful of them that he starts abusing the dead bodies. This deeply moves Krom, who believes he has found someone who loves killing as much as he does, and he takes Harry under his wing.

15. Andrela

16. Roarian

Roarian High Inquisitor

The day Naruto finds out just how his father made seals on the fly, entirely too many terrible questions will be answered.

17. Andrela

The Disk has Tilted.

In the multiverse, each reality is contained in an eternally spinning disk.

These disk are stacked on top of each other, forming a tower stretching infinitely in two directions.

As long as the disk spins, the universe inside it continues to exist. Stars burn, water flows, life flourishes.

In one of these disks, is the canon Harry Potter universe.

In the disk above it, is the world in which Tom Marvolo Riddle was never born.

However the disk below the canon one contains a universe in which the Prophecy was never made and Voldemort won the first war.

Normally, things would have gone as they were meant to be in each disk.

However, through forces unknown, the Disks sometimes tilt. So it happened with the disk containing the canon world.

As it tilted, it hit both the disk below it and the one above it. And in an instant, all was chaos.

Two identical souls cannot occupy the same disk.

But in the case of Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort, there of course is an exception.

Voldemort's soul has been split during the creation of Horcruxes. This allows him to enter worlds in which he already exists.

Harry Potter is Voldemort's Horcrux, which by proxy allows him to cross into other worlds as well.

In the Upper Disk, Tom Marvolo Riddle never existed and an era of peace lasted since Grindelwald's defeat at the hand of Albus Dumbledore in 1945. In this world, Harry Potter lives among friends and loving family members.

In the Middle Disk, the Second War against Lord Voldemort officially began with the Ministry finally having acknowledging his return. In this world, Harry Potter is the Chosen One trying to deal with the Prophecy and the death of his godfather.

In the Lower Disk, Voldemort rules Britain with an iron fist ever since his victory in 1981. In this world, Harry Potter is dead having been killed with his family at the age of five.

And then the middle disk tilted, connecting all three worlds.

Suddenly, Middle Voldemort and Middle Harry find themselves shifting between the three worlds at random. Eventually, they learn to control it.

Then Lower Voldemort decides to explore as well.

With the war being spread across three different realities, the game has changed.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  18. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Sounds like a mix between Jeram's The Ten Plagues and that sequel to Delenda Est.
    I'd read it.

19. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Seems like you could achieve the same story through much simpler means than all the disc stuff.

20. Andrela

Without a doubt. But I like worldbuilding for the sake of worldbuilding, and the disk idea came first.