1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Defensive much. It's called bussing. I'm curious then Jan, if you thought Blab was scummy enough to have your vote for a large section of D1, why did you only have the slot as a yellow read in #447 instead of a more scummy read. Furthermore, if you really belived blab was scum day 1, why did you scum-read Rubicon for trying to lynch blab D1?

As for other reads, I'm still looking at Vira, and I drop 'Von slightly in light of the flip, although still on the town side of null. But as I see it, I think the last scum is in you & HF

---------- Post automerged at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

I had looked up the post about Jan's internet issue, it wasn't until about a day into D3

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

You ask questions, and maybe follow up questions, but a lot of times i am missing your conclusion.

What do YOU get out of these interactions?
    What are your reads in this game?
    Who would be your top lynch in either scenario, and why?
    Is there someone that you never want to lynch right now?

I said beforehand that I would not be there EoD2.
    I wanted to vote before I left, but my provider decided to fuck me and I had no way to fix it in time before leaving the city.

3. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

My apologies, then, I must have missed a post

---------- Post automerged at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Regardless, the rest of my points still stand.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

If Fluffiness's reason convinces me Waco's town, then I'd say lynch Vira today, and Jan tomorrow if the game's still going.

But in reality I'd want to look through Jan's posts again and re-build a read on him because that's more because he's my weakest town-read due to me ignoring everything from him D3 due to wine with Fontisian without rereading it.

Right now I'd be really really surprised if Fluffiness town-clears Waco & Vira is town.

@Waco Kid
    I understand you're busy, I'm not saying you're trying to lurk out the game or anything. It's just your slot's been pretty lacking in posting, which means I'm already cynical about your slot. It literally is a thing that replacements are more often scum than their proportion of slots in setups dictate (>30% of replacements are on scum-slots in my experience or whatever percentage of starting games are scum). And I haven't seen anything from you yet that convinces me or even moderately changes my opinion on you OR any other player in the game.

---------- Post automerged at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Note that Fluffiness town-firming a player that I don't have a town-read on is throwing him way higher on the spectrum because that's really anti-scum to fake-claim something like that (depending on what he's claiming), and it obviously clears Waco Kid. Otherwise I'd be looking a lot closer at Fluffiness

---------- Post automerged at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

*4 hours later*

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Sorry, was waiting for Waco posts then was at dinner.

So, I am the two shot tracker

I was trying to figure out how to best use my power, but mafia dying day 1 along with an answer Kalas had given me made me realize just how I should track.

Kalas told me that the mafia NK can be tracked. That meant that when there was only one scum left, my power effectively became a cop check. If my target visited the dead person, they were likely scum. Otherwise, they were basically guaranteed town. So I waited till two scum were dead (assuming there were 3 scum in total), and then decided to track one of the people I saw as scummiest, to either clear someone and basically eliminate the mislynch pool, or to confirm the last scum.

Last night, I tracked The Waco Kid, who did not visit anyone.

That gives us three possible things that happened (in order of likeliness):

1. The scum shot into a bulletproof/doctor protect. In this case, Waco is confirmed town.

2. Scum were roleblocked. That means that there is a town roleblocker who can tell me that my track does not mean what I think it means.

3. Scum did not try to NK. I judge this as extremely unlikely because, as Citrus said, it gives us an extra possible mislynch.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Your reads are completly backwards.

With that flip Von as well as I should be more towny for every clear thinking person. (bussing is an option yes, but why buss a second partner instead of the one going down anyway?)

I want to hammer you right now, just because your reasoning is so bad, that i cannot believe you are town.
    You are searching for scum in a single post, instead of looking for the reasoning in the bigger picture.

I read blab scummy d1 and was the first one to vote on him after a talk with Von and Rubicon (#235).

My post #447 was directly at the start of d2, after Seratin flipped mafia.

I was unsure at that time, because it is unlikely for mafia to not try to get a counterwagon on a town going.
    With him getting replaced there was a chance that he was just not able to commit in the 2nd half of d1 and I wanted to get a read on her before commiting hard.

It was close between Fonti and Rubicon, because Rubi tried to get the wagon of Seratin EoD1, which looked scummy as shit.

I was even paranoid of a world where both of them are mafia, until Citrus convinced me that that world is close to impossible.

I was that sure on her to be mafia that i voted on her when day 2 started, the only reason i unvoted is because we are friends and i knew she was gone on vacation for another day and a half, thus a vote to put pressure on her was close to useless in my opinion.

---------- Post automerged at 01:22 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

Soo .. do we start claiming at this point to see if there is a doc/bulletproof left?

I don't know. I am mostly curious how this is handled best.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I mean. If there's a Doctor, the game becomes super easy. Even better if they protected fluff (someone openly speculated that fluff might have been a PR/Double Voter/the FBI thing, I think it was fontisian or Citrus?).

And if there's a roleblocker, I can't believe they wouldn't claim it because come on.

Since it's possible for scum to No Kill then your info on Waco doesn't really clear him on its own.

---------- Post automerged at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

I'll laugh if there are two town BPs because that really sucks for scum.

8. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I was going to make a big reads post, but then Fluff claimed.

Kalas: Question. If scum shot a protected person or a Bulletproof, would their survival be announced in the thread?

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Bulletproof can always out, i guess. Unlikely with already one flipped.

Upside of doc hiding, mafia does not know if fluff is protected, and he should get a 2nd check.

Downside of the doc hiding, it might give us a conf!town, if he got a save.

(With a bulletproof dead, i think it unlikely to be either of those, because the game in general was not kill heavy, so i don't think a save is likely)

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Can you still put the reads you had before the claim?

11. Vira

High Score:
    I'll make a new one later tonight or tomorrow morning. I actually had you as basically town confirmed because I thought you were the FBI voter. :p

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Doc + BP probably isn't a thing, but hey if there's a Doc and they can clear themselves and their target, then yay.

If that fails and there's no town Roleblocker then I guess we call a spade a spade and assume scum abstained.

---------- Post automerged at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

Citrus, you should be mad at the FBI voter. I would have made it a tie, they're the one who killed Rubicon. ,_,

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Waco should go ahead and claim regardless.

I don't think we should mass-claim today? (beyond waco)

Unvote
    Vote: Vira

---------- Post automerged at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

You almost caused a no lynch. You were literally the only one with the power to cause that or not since noone else did it - I panic voted to try and avoid a tie, so the only reason we didn't have a no lynch was due to the FBI

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

No Lynches aren't that bad.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hrmm. Not killing last night was a super bad move for a solo scum. But would scum have done it?

I think the only world where scum didn't shoot last night is if Fluffiness is scum and did it for a last ditch WIFOM per Fontisian's suggestion? But I seriously doubt that's the world we're in. Which makes Waco conf!town?

16. Vira

High Score:
    At least give a reason. :(

No lynches are always bad.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

There's good in everyone and everything, Vira!

18. Vira

High Score:
    I don't follow your train of thought. How is Waco confirmed town?

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I see a world for waco!scum to no lynch for a win.

Zenzao said he pr read wacos slot day 1 yesterday.

He might no lynch to hope there is a doc that saved him, as his only hail marry option.

20. Vira

High Score:
    Jan, I have no idea what you're trying to say. :|

How can Waco no lynch for the win?

He who?