1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

You thought a Town read was likely a witch? And explain your two voting analyses leading to two exactly opposite outcomes, please.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

So, let's agree that clown, oracle and priest should hit Waco?

3. Sesc

Given the still unexplained things above, I'd prefer Typhon be checked, actually. Waco isn't saying anything, but that's better than saying stuff like that, maybe?

4. fontisian

I'm going to wait for Typhon to respond, but this is why I think you're a witch.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

OMG YAS NEWCOMB

6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator note: While not strictly necessary, making vote and elect votes on a new line, and colored would make my life a lot easier. See Citrus' post #16.

Vote Count #8
    Sesc (5): Citrus, Typhon, Cobalt, Fontisian, Taure
    Riley (2): Newcomb, Lump the Friendly Panda
    The Waco Kid (1): Sesc
    Typhon (1): The Waco Kid

Abstaining (1): Riley

With 10 votes alive, 6 is soft lynch, and 8 is hard lynch.

(Let me know if there are any mistakes, or just clarify your vote in your next post if it's not what you think it should be)

Day End Timer - 29 (ish) hours remain! (roughly)

7. Sesc

@fonti: Either I'm not as sharp as I used to be, or I'm missing the context entirely. I don't see it.

Newcomb: I'd appreciate if you wouldn't switch until tomorrow at least, by the way, to avoid a hammer in case it is Waco.

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Promise, promise I'm going to do this. Today even. I've been busy. But the short answer (and you're better than me, which is why when you started pointing this out I felt my feelings on your witchiness all but solidify) is that my voting thing where I thought the wagon was restructured for nefarious purposes, I only had my reads and patterns to inform me. In my QT after the EoD1 fuckery, I had two (three if you count myself) confirmed towns to work with, and for all intents and purposes considered Newcomb and Citrus to a lesser extent all but townfirmed. I had infinitely more information, so naturally the results of the analysis changed.

Since then, Citrus has played like end of game Narutomafia Citrus and done towny things, so I'm bumping him up to the Newcomb tier. Riley did his thing, and so I feel as though I have to eliminate him from my scum list till tomorrow. Kalas was a witch. You and he had connections. That makes you most likely. Taure, Cobalt, Waco, and fonti remain. Like fonti because of the Jan kill (if I'm over thinking this I'll be quite embarassed). Everyone but you and I are townreading Cobalt, and I think you're scum, so it makes sense for me to be wrong there (more sense than the other way around, at least). Waco and Taure are left. We check one and lynch whichever is red. That is my whole thought process. Will dump the VCA in the thread in the next 3-4 hours when I finally have Internet for my computer.

---------- Post automerged at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

This or Taure. Either us fine, so long as they concentrate fire.

---------- Post automerged at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Well, not whole thought process. Waco has been independently scummy imo, and the VCA indicated you as potential scum aside from the Kalas connection (it screamed Kalas scum, aside from my already firm feelings about him). But yeah, that's the gist of things.

---------- Post automerged at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Oh, just really paid attention to the apologies portion of the thread. In the spirit of that, I apologize (read: not even sorta) for being the first to ship Taure and Cobalt as the OTP

---------- Post automerged at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Last post until I get to the computer and explain the VCA stuff - I know I just disappeared, but it felt more towny to get a second day's VCA down than it was to explain my process at the beginning of D2 and negate being able to use it. That's what's up with the absence.

9. Sesc

All I'm looking for really, Typhon. Well, if you could clarify just when I was a likely witch for you. I quoted your reads. Surely not when you posted them?

No, that wasn't me being bad, that was me not doing any Wagon analysis altogether because no time. Gah. I knew that would bite me in the ass. Yes, you're right, from your POV. Sadly you're also despairingly wrong, and we might have lost the game already at this point.

Everyone* -- when's the most convenient time for you all to be on? I'm trying to get back to my normal Euro sleep schedule, so you'd do me a favour if you didn't say "in five hours" ...

*Excluding Riley and Waco, because wtf, seriously. We are debating how not to lose, every opinion and vote matters, and there's not a single on-topic post by either.

10. fontisian

I will be on for the next 7 hours or so, off for about 8 hours after that, and then on until deadline.

Sesc: You've had a pattern this game of attacking people over things that are not scummy and interpreting their posts in the worst way possible. Take the Typhon thing. You claimed that Typhon calling you town during Day 1 and then thinking you were likely mafia during Night 1 is inconsistent. Yet there was very clear event (the deaths of Nae'blis, Von and Kalas) between those two time periods that necessitate a reassessment of the game. You don't seem to be very thoughtful this game, favoring rabidly attack weak points instead.

11. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Oh my.....as the last abstainee, I have the hammer? Hop boy.

12. Sesc

Riley, I swear, if you're not moving that vote now.

Say something relevant instead.
    @fonti: Huh. That's something for after the game, I think. I'll keep it in mind.

13. Sesc

^Remove that if there.

14. Sesc

k.

Citrus, tell everyone exactly what happens after this lynch.

And if everyone else could maybe not post until Citrus has, that'd be nice. Indulge me, in your .1% chance world where I'm not a witch?

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I can do that, but I'm out right now, so it'll be maybe 2-3 hours before I can Crack it out in depth

16. Sesc

Lol. One sentence is enough, really.

I am ...?

17. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator note: While not strictly necessary, making vote and elect votes on a new line, and colored would make my life a lot easier. See Citrus' post #16.

Vote Count #9
    Sesc (5): Citrus, Typhon, Cobalt, Fontisian, Taure
    Riley (2): Newcomb, Lump the Friendly Panda
    The Waco Kid (1): Sesc
    Typhon (1): The Waco Kid

Abstaining (1): Riley

With 10 votes alive, 6 is soft lynch, and 8 is hard lynch.

(Let me know if there are any mistakes, or just clarify your vote in your next post if it's not what you think it should be)

Day End Timer - 25(ish) hours remain! (roughly)

Note - I'm heading out for the night in like, 15 minutes, so if you have any questions, hit me up in QT approximately...now.

18. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

2A (bolded emphasis mine): That's not how you described your reads yesterday. In fact, you made it pretty clear that your position on people was in fact very fluid.

Secondly, If Sesc was your biggest town-read, why should it matter how strong the wagon was on him, if the "only real alternative" wagon was your top town read, why would you want to change to vote him over where you currently were.

---------- Post automerged at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------
    Sesc #754, sorry, but only have a few hours before work to post

19. Sesc

Waco, of course you would post now. I've passed mad, it's basically hilarious at this stage.

Also, notifies go out by mail, don't they?

20. Sesc

Citrus: Lol. One sentence is enough, really. I am ...?