1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Eh. With any luck, we'll have 3-4 kills to endgame. But order matters.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I'm asking about it in my QT, but the "Day" part to me implies that even if you posit Kalas=Witch, he wasn't dead during the Day, therefore he couldn't have used it N1. Does that track?

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ah, didn't see that day part

---------- Post automerged at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Ok. Odd question time, to deal with one more piece of tinfoil.

Scum know Jan's role in all worlds. Do you think there's any possibility Jan had a role in the concrete-info-bucket and Riley effectively stole that role?

4. fontisian

Why would Riley steal it instead of leaving it open for a scummate under pressure to claim it?

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

To coast through the game?

It's fine if you think I'm wrong, I just want to deal with the tinfoil

6. Newcomb

^ this. I've been saying this for like 4 RL days, and everyone's shut me down. Like. Riley has literally not contributed to this game except to out mechanical info and go, "lol, reads always trip me up so I'll just not say anything."

Because preempting pressure via a claim looks waaaaaaaay better than claiming when you're already under pressure?

---------- Post automerged at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Yeah, that. That's a better way of saying it.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

What Newcomb said is why I can't get rid of the niggling voice.

8. fontisian

Riley's never been particularly proactive with his claims.

9. Newcomb

But in this world, Riley has two people who can tell him to do things.

10. fontisian

Yeah, but Sesc still died, which indicates that Kalas was a witch. Unless they only souped him? But if they aren't 100% sure between Citrus and Sesc, that's really risky.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I feel like crunching things over, it was more likely Sesc was Priest than I was because of everyone's reactions (including his own) to scum-team, plus the check on you (which I tried to fake I hid, but I had to pick some point to have stopped the levels of wine...)

---------- Post automerged at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Aight, I'll drop Riley for now.

So. Cobalt or Typhon?

You two wanna chime in yourselves?

---------- Post automerged at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Aaaand guess it's time to call it a night

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Literally nobody was considering any world in D2 in which Sesc and Citrus were both town.

In fact, the main strategy of not lynching Sesc was that the witches would solve the problem for us. Citrus was all about that self-solving problem in his claim post. As in, they kill one, the other is the witch. IN FACT, by not SOUPING Sesc, scum!Citrus could make it look like they weren't sure if Sesc was the Priest or not, making him look townier.

I just... I'm having a REALLY difficult time buying Citrus's story.

fontisian - you're basically townfirmed. Why are you running with him on this? Why do you trust him so much? I wanted to suspect you, and probably would if Sesc hadn't clean checked you.

Lol, you MUST be joking here.

I had hard read Typhon as town because of a few posts he made that made me question whether or not it was a soft claim. The kind of super super soft that isn't supposed to be noticeable unless you're bringing it up as proof later when you need to actually claim.

That and the townspew recently of whether or not Angels can protect against Soup. Pretty sure that's universally known unless this is Citrus's first tinyhunt game?

What I'm struggling with is that Citrus had no reason not to go forward pushing Sesc's lynch yesterDay. He could have easily pulled that off and coasted the rest of the game as priest. That's what's getting me.

---------- Post automerged at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------
    fontisian - can you tell me, definitively, whether or not you're POSITIVE that Citrus isn't dragging us through the dirt right now? Like, are you 100% positive, or are you like just reasonably sure for whatever reason?

13. fontisian

Cobalt, I was reasonably certain Citrus was lying to try to save Sesc from the moment he claimed. Look back over out posts that Day. You can even see where he winked at me to let me know I was on the right track.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

What about this though?

15. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Quibble here.

That's not risky at all. If there are two witches left (which means Waco wasn't, which means that two of Riley, Citrus, Cobalt, Taure, and Newcomb are witches), then they can take a more or less no risk soup attempt to hardconfirm that role. Yeah, it sets them back a night, but they have one soup left after that so that's not irreparable. No identity reveal happens if they don't match any roles correctly.

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Wait, is this Typhon recognizing font/Citrus covering Sesc?

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

*hits head repeatedly against a wall*

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

fontisian or Citrus - explain the point of this please if Citrus is not the priest?

---------- Post automerged at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

MY HEAD HURTS.

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I will add that noone would die that night which would alert us they tried to soup, but yeah forgot identities don't get revealed with no kills

---------- Post automerged at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

I asked everyone to listen to her BECAUSE if I did get night-killed she would have to be the one to stop everyone insta-lynching Sesc.

That anger was also as fake as it comes from me (on purpose), note the lack of cuss words.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Citrus, please make things clearer to me. This has me so fucking stressed right now. I want to believe you. But why exactly should I?