1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

It's not even overt confidence so much as the fact that everyone in Citrus's immediate towncircle is pretty much resigned to a loss if he's scum because at this point it seems like there's no possible way. So we're working toward PoE with what we've got.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

It is now a lifetime goal for me to win a game as scum where people are resigned to just lose if I'm scum, because it sounds awesome.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Taure:

I'm still having the same problem I've been having all game with you. Your posts give me a strong "I believe that you believe this" vibe. But the content of your posts, when parsed, have some classic scum moves and very much antitown mindsets.

Like. If the game doesn't end with Riley, and we run you up tomorrow and you claim, you do realize that given the roles in this game, witches prooooobably have things narrowed pretty well by now? I mean, I haven't been crumbing shit, but they get NK roles and people have been throwing around claims, DoB and Leeroy are gone, etc, to the point where I'm fairly sure they have my role nailed to 3 or 4.

Fake-edit: I deleted a part where I went into a hypothetical about you claiming a certain role, because I realized that I was talking about it in a way that made it clear I wasn't that role. Soooooo... yeah. You see the problem here. It's easier than you think to unintentionally slip with roles.

There is a very real chance that you claiming - if you are town - directly leads to a multisoup town loss. Just saying.

---------- Post automerged at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Also, I'm going phone-only up until deadline. My vote's on Riley/Proph and it's staying there.

Will check in, if only to see if Citrus wants to rescind his claim again and claim Unlynchable 3-shot Vig or something.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

K.

Vote: Prophylaxis

If we're sure.

5. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator note: While not strictly necessary, making vote and elect votes on a new line, and colored would make my life a lot easier. See Citrus' post #16.

Vote Count #42
    Prophylaxis (4): Citrus, Newcomb, Lump the Friendly Panda, Cobalt
    Citrus (2): Prophylaxis, Taure

Abstanining (2): Fontisian, Typhon

With 8 votes alive, it will be 5 to soft lynch, and 6 to hard lynch.

(Let me know if there are any mistakes, or just clarify your vote in your next post if it's not what you think it should be)

Day End Timer - 45 minutes remain!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  6. Newcomb

Wtf there are only 4 on Riley/Proph. Someone put him at 5 so we don't fucking no lunch. Jfc.

---------- Post automerged at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------
    fontisian

Typhon

Vote pls.

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Fuck. Sorry. Vote:prophylaxis

8. Newcomb

Crisis averted, thx Thphon. I'm on a bus right now, post some happy panda girls for me if we win

---------- Post automerged at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

GIFS. Happy panda .gifs. Jesus.

---------- Post automerged at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Happy panda girls also acceptable.

9. Eidolonic

Day Three Ends!

Early in the morning, the congregation of villagers (with potential evildoers in the mix) decide to string up one of their number.

He magically transforms into looking like someone else.

They don't care, and hang him anyways.

Prophylaxis has been lynched!

Day End Vote Count
    Prophylaxis (5): Citrus, Newcomb, Lump the Friendly Panda, Cobalt, Typhon
    Citrus (2): Prophylaxis, Taure

Abstaining (1): Fontisian

With 8 votes alive, 5 is soft lynch, and 6 is hard lynch.

Night Three ends in 48 hours! (sorry)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

feeeeeeeeeeeeller

11. Eidolonic

Day Four Begins!

The sun rises.

There is much rejoicing.

It felt like you'd slept forever.

You hop and skip out of your homes and meet up in town centre.

It is a joyous occasion, as long as you pretend one of your number isn't missing.

Or perhaps that's why it's joyous?

Fontisian has died in the night!

Livelist

Citrus
    Cobalt
    Newcomb - Friend of Lump, the Friendly Panda
    Taure
    Typhon

Daystart!

Day Four ends in 71 hours - Sept 14 2015 at 6:00 PST/9:00 PM EST

Day Four End!

With 6 votes alive, it will be 4 to soft lynch, and 5 to hard lynch.

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

You've had 48 hours to come with your last words Taure, better make them count

---------- Post automerged at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

@Eidolonic
    If we hammer/hard lynch early, does this move up the night end time (if the game keeps going)?

Would really not like to sit for another 24 hours wondering what happened, though I'm pretty sure this should end the game.

Also if we're hard lynching early I call dibs on the hammer!

---------- Post automerged at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

The only thing that makes me even slightly not want to lynch Taure at this point is the fact that he didn't YOLO soup last night, but that's completely outweighed by everything going the opposite direction (plus it shows he didn't feel confident about souping)

---------- Post automerged at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Well it seems like I'm once again alone in the town square, so I'm peaceing out for now.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

If we lynch Taure and don't win and I go to final 3 with Citrus and Typhon I'm gonna fucking scream tbh.

Vote: Taure

14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Still think there is only one left and that that last scum is probably Taure, but. 2 potential reasons for it to not be:

1. Fonti was the only person that was seemingly against lynching Proph/Taure, wanting me iirc.

2. Would've expected a last ditch souping from Taure, since he was next on the docket. From where I'm standing, two roles are out. Seems like a blaze of glory is better than an ignominious whimper.

In this scenario, the scum left is one of Newcomb and Cobalt. Newcomb, because why in the fuck would scum leave the lump alive so long. Cobalt because POE.

Still, despite the fact that my gut is making me hellaciously nervous because Taure has pinged me as somewhat town for most of the game, I think it all but has to be him.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

If I were witch!Taure I would definitely kill Font while she wanted Typhon dead.

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Even if that was a fringe view, not even particularly discussed by others?

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Or its, you know, the fact that fontisian was cleared town

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

That too. I was just pointing out that part in particular.

19. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I said it before, but I said it again: I hate all of you. Worst town ever. This game was basically handed to scum on a platter the moment the town decided that being exposed as having fake claimed was evidence of townniness. Fake claiming is a classic scum tactic. If you can't lynch fake claimers, who can you lynch?

Oh, I know, you lynch the one dude who wants to lynch the guy exposed as fake claiming priest.

Just god damn it. If it weren't impossible, I'd assume that you're all scum because that's such a god awful decision.

"If Citrus is scum then I'm happy to lose" -- do I really need to go into how this is such a shitty attitude. If Citrus is scum than the town's loss will be entirely your own fault. There have been more than enough incidents to induce a Citrus lynch. We all agreed: Sesc v Citrus. The entire reason we didn't lynch either of them when they both claimed priest was to get more info.

Well, we got that info. Sesc died. Sesc was the real priest. Citrus was the fake priest. Sesc gave Citrus innumerable chances to retract his claim, as a town would have, before being forced to claim himself to avoid lynch. Citrus' refusal to retract forced the real priest to claim his role, after which he died.

Retracting your gambit is vital if you're town. It's essential, if you're a town player lying, that you admit to your lie if it begins to block the progress of the town. But Citrus kept to it for no reason.

It's just un-fucking-believable that Citrus has managed to get out of this situation alive.

So yeah. If scum win and Citrus is a witch, it's entirely your fault. It's not Citrus being a genius, it's not you being outplayed by a master. It's a failure of absolutely basic play.

IF scum win and Citrus isn't a witch, then oh well, I'm wrong. I still hold that it's the right thing to lynch Citrus at this point, because in 90% of cases, the fake claimer will be scum. As a town, you can't stop lynching people who are exposed as fake claiming. It gives scum carte blanche to fuck you in every orifice.

If it's not Citrus, then it's probably Typhon. He also made a fake (soft) claim and retracted it far too late. Also, let's not forget the early-game push on Newcomb from the role, and the clever way Typhon abandoned it, making his slot very hard to read. And his defence of me here is for some reason suspicious too, lol.

But I'm aware that all of this is going to bounce right off you. You guys are like a fucking bullet train headed for my lynch. You're on tracks, there's no way you can change course. You're blinded by trust in Citrus to all other possibilities. And now you're going for a hardlynch for no real reason - Citrus eager to clamp down on his approaching glorious victory, I guess.

Well, I promised you the fucking nuclear deterrent if it looked like I'd be lynched. And with a hardlynch imminent, I can't wait - I could be lynched at any time and fail to get my nukes off. Mutually assured destruction, ladies and gentlemen, depends entirely on the will to act. And now I'm coming through with my threat, because fuck this town.

I am the judge.

I hope the scum win just so I can laugh endlessly from beyond the grave. Enjoy being souped, fuckers.

---------- Post automerged at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Oh, and for completeness sake:

Lynch Vote: Citrus

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

That claim is a role bait. There might be another witch left after Taure goes down. DO NOT TAKE THAT BAIT.

---------- Post automerged at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------
    Newcomb Citrus Typhon - if one of you are a witch, Taure is trying to bait the judge out. If one of you is the judge, do not bite.

I'm feeling pretty certain we can just completely drop the hammer on this one.

---------- Post automerged at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------
    Eidolonic - It says there's 6 votes ailve, 4 to soft lynch, 5 to hard lynch. There's only 5 votes alive so a hard lynch of 5 is impossible unless Taure votes himself. :v

Is hammer 4 then?