1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

That is both in line with the way that he has been taking a mindset and fucking charging full speed ahead all game and the fact that he wanted that before the judge!Taure world mechanical playbook was built and then collapsed. If he wasn't judge, nothing changed from before. He fakeclaimed. Basically all of us have at this point.

I'm not advocating not lynching him, exactly, just saying we have a day to think about it, it won't hurt for everyone to discuss things.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Typhon, that post needs fewer pronouns and more nouns.

3. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Fair. Cobalt has played like a bull in a China closet, for better or worse.

If you (Taure) weren't the judge, then you fakeclaimed but nothing changed. You are, by POE, most likely to be scum here. But you were that before. It seemed incongruous that he wanted to lynch you so much more after that was resolved than before.

I am not advocating leaving you (Taure) alive, necessarily, unless that is where a more sober consideration from everyone takes us. I'm just advocating that we do all take a more sober consideration of things.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Or we can drop the hammer and win the game that works too

---------- Post automerged at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Like literally can everyone vote please

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

The way Citrus is playing right now is consistent with his late game play in Narutomafia. I think his call to quick hammer is soup protection. But, like you said, we have time to talk this through. I might do one more paranoia ISO of him, but it almost feels like going through the motions at this point. We have time to talk but cut all role talk. Soup is the looming specter here.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

This. Please.

Newcomb, I trust you will lynch Typhon tomorrow. However please do give the game a final reread/do a little interrogation before you drop the hammer.

Newcomb is clear as of tomorrow because he's unlynchable due to Lump the panda.

And if you really were scum all along Newcomb, incredibly well played.

---------- Post automerged at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

I'm curious what you mean by 'consistent with his late game play in Narutomafia' - put it in your QT so I can see it post-game? I promise I have fun tidbits for you in mine already :p

7. Newcomb

Like your plan when you thought Taure was Judge reminded me of the plan you came up with after the mass claim to PoE Typhon.

I won't hammer Typhon tomorrow without due consideration, but the odds of Taure not ending the game combined with me being alive tomorrow are low enough that it'll most likely not be something I'll have to deal with.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

9. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Newcomb already did vote. You're just waiting on Typhon if you want to hammer.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Typhon. For fuck's sake. Trust me on this.

Unless this won't win us the game because you actually are the other witch.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Typhon
    Would really appreciate a vote before 9PM Eastern so we don't wait an extra day for the night to end

12. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah, okay. Will have my vote in by then, or at least an argument against voting.

---------- Post automerged at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Actually, fuck it. It's just a Naeblis type feeling, and I doubt I'm right twice.

If Citrus lives and I die, kill him with fire. Newcomb, if I'm wrong on you this is the game (sorry in that case to Irene). Cobalt... I think you're almost certainly town tbh. So gg if you aren't?

Vote: Taure

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Citrus used: Summon Eidolonic

---------- Post automerged at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Yeah I suck at html never mind

14. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Four Ends!

Animated discussion happens soon after the sun rises.

Fingers are pointed and stuff.

Suddenly a hammer falls out of the sky and lands on Taure's head.

Taure has been lynched!

Day End Vote Count
    Taure (5): Cobalt, Newcomb, Lump the Friendly Panda, Citrus, Typhon
    Citrus (1): Taure

Abstaining (0):

With 6 votes alive, 4 is soft lynch, and 5 is hard lynch.

Night Four ends in 66 hours! (Or sooner, pending confirmation from everyone. Probably sooner)

15. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Filler up please.

16. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Game Over !

Witches Win!

The sun rises. Three people slowly amble into town centre. Again.

One person is missing. Again.

The remaining three people eye each other suspiciously, before one of their number cackles, and says, "Lump! Kill them! Kill them all!"

Lump rolls over and chews on a bamboo shoot.

Dramatic sighing is had, the final witch waves his hand, and the remaining two villagers die.

Cobalt has been killed in the night!

Typhon and Citrus die at endgame!

Kalas, The Waco Kid, Newcomb (and Lump, the Friendly Panda) win!

Quicktopics: http://www.quicktopic.com/share?s=6qqy

Town MVP: Newcomb. Your day one plan would have put the scum team in a hole it couldn't get out of. If people had actually followed it. Honorarable mention goes to Snowvon, for revenge killing the Necromancer on day one. Even if it was mostly just a flight of whimsy.

Witch MVP: Cobalt. For being aggressively wrong about every single thing, with zero willingness to re-evaluate or change your world view. Honorarable mention goes to Newcomb, for riding the line and coasting on his day one town cred long enough.

Bonus Moderator Gold Star of Awesomeness goes to: Dead chat! Notably Snowvon, Jan, and Kalas, for surpassing the living game thread in posts 1387 to 1313.

Moderator Notes: First, a reminder, as always, to keep post-game civil. Yes, people made mistakes. Yes, people made questionable decisions. Yes, people were wrong. No, screaming at them will accomplish nothing except make you look like a tool.

This was a fun game to spectate! There was excitement consistently through the game thread, from Newcomb's first post being an extremely anti-scum plan (that town really should have followed), and then him being roasted alive for making the plan that benefited town more than scum, but escaping with a near universal town read and the Lump.... only for him to not get checked, and coast the rest of the game on the town read generated from the first post.

We had the glorious Leeroy into DOB into Witch day one (imagine if Nae'blis had listened to the uh... more vocal members of town, and fired at Sesc, the Priest?), town fake claims, and the world slowly getting narrowed down as more information flowed in.

Dead chat was also entertaining, even if extremely spammy.

The main things to take away from this game is that people need to understand that they are not always right - that town reads are not absolute, and need to be re-evaluated. That this is a social game, played with other players, and you need to work together to attain victory, rather than lower your head like a bull in a china shop and smash into things with zero regard for others.

That is not directed at any one person - it was a failing of multiple people this game, and it led to a pretty coasty end game where Newcomb could just shrug and go along for the ride, because there was no fear of people actually re-evaluating.

I do want to touch on the Citrus Priest counterclaim - while being thoroughly entertaining to watch, it was a pretty terrible idea that served to confuse town far more than it did scum. Because you seemed to forget one critical detail. Witches knew that Sesc was town.

This means Sesc, of all people, would have had to fake claim Priest...as town.

When staring down a lynch. As town. So that the real Priest would counterclaim him. As town.

I mean, come on now.

At least it was entertaining to watch!

That goes for the whole game, really.

Thanks for playing, everyone, and a special thanks to Typhon and Prophylaxis for replacing in!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  17. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

This game would have been so incredibly easy if everyone didn't try to make a hero play.

18. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    *high fives Newcomb*

Fuck yeah, guys. I was rooting for y'all from the start. Ka'wacomb Scum Team best scum team.

19. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

TinyHunt 5 Abridged
    Cobalt: <incorrect read>
    Town player: What? No, that's not-
    Cobalt: Tone down the sodium chloride.
    Cobalt: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pBI3lc18k8Q

Jokes aside, kudos to Newcomb and Cobalt for pulling out the scum win. You guys earned it.

20. Newcomb