1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoilers] Worlds 2015 - TRASH TALK ALLOWED

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Lungs, Sep 23, 2015.

1. someone010101

someone010101 High Inquisitor

You can't really trust comments on Reginald, he's got a massive personal hatebase.

I figure they just made Bjergsen the shotcaller since he's the best player on the team in pretty much every regard, the others already respect him for that (hard to listen to the guy who's feeding) and he's got the best work ethic.

This weeks games have been really weird. It's like last week were the upsets and this week it's back to normal. Did the favorites just not take the C9s, Origens and CLGs seriously? I mean, I'm glad Fnatics looking strong again, but still.

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I think a lot of it is that the best teams are able to adapt faster than the others. CLG and C9 won their games last week by playing the same tower pushing strat, but this week teams have figured it out and it's not as effective anymore.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I missed the FNC/C9 game. Is it worth watching beyond knowing the outcome?

4. foreveryone

foreveryone Third Year

What a wonderful week, NA going 0-/9 and the possibility that C9 don't even make it out of groups after a 3-0 week.

I'm still bummed out that IG flunked out of groups, especially with how decisively they won vs C9 with Time.

5. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

After watching that game, I'm going to assume IG's management will be in for a shit-storm upon returning to China. Why would you let Kid & Kitties play the entire tournament when they're your sandbags? The rest of the team hasn't had a great tournament either but it was rather evident where the weak point was.

Then you bring out Time in your last game? What in the... I have no idea what China was thinking at Worlds this year.

edit:
    If you want to watch the Fnatic we expected to show up do work, then yes. Though they still got a tad cocky at times, but Cloud 9 went full Desperado and it didn't work out. Not that I think there was much chance of coming back from the biggest lead at Worlds against a team other than BKT.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  6. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

If I cared enough, I would be crying. C9 0-3. Boys bring it back and move on!

I know that Hai and Lemon want to retire, but come on. Give us fanboys something delicious.

7. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Worlds isn't over yet for C9, they still have a tie-breaker against the loser of this game which could go either way. AHQ seem to just 'get' Fnatic and look likely to beat them for the 2-0.

So then it's all down to the tie-breaker.

Edit: What the fuck happened to AN in that last fight..? His HP just went 100 - 0. Bopped.

8. Bill Door

Oh my god the end to that game.

9. Tartarus

Tartarus Second Year

That was simply amazing. The game was so close, so many comebacks and fails in a row. Most certainly one of the most entertaining games of this worlds. And the ending... I have no words for it.

10. Bill Door

There were so many insanely clutch plays made in that game. Definitely the best game of worlds so far.

11. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    EU confirmed > NA.

Seriously tho, the game was very close, could have gone either way. AHQ got ahead and was about to close it out but went full NA instead.

SKT looks at the teams that passed and snickers.

12. mangaguy

mangaguy Fifth Year

Huge throw by ahq, lmao. They should have had that game in the bag after two inhibs down.

Fnatic and Origen look great. I have to admit, I had my doubts about Europe. But they seem legit this year.

I don't think they can win the while thing, but we'll see. SKT's only played vs. Chumps and EDG. Hard to evaluate them and EDG cause of that.

13. Tartarus

Tartarus Second Year

This. It's probably going to be very painful watching SKT steamroll anything in their way.

14. Bill Door

Nah, they'll probably be benevolent and play Easyhoon in a few games, so some will be at least close.

15. Tartarus

Tartarus Second Year

They might do that, making others think they're not as good. Than they'll just use Faker to do...things.

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    While yes, AHQ threw, you can't quite take the credit away from FNC so completely. They did work to capitalise on AHQ's mistakes.

17. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

https://i.imgur.com/vv7lT5l.png

So, the groups have concluded. 2 EU teams, 2 Taiwanese teams, 3 Korean teams and a single Chinese team go through to the bracket stage. Hopefully Origen avoids SKT on the first round, would keep the dream alive of having 2 EU teams in semis.

18. Bill Door

That awkward moment when Brazil win more games that NA team this week.

19. Tartarus

Tartarus Second Year

I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome of the groups, although I would have liked it if C9 went into quarters. TSM could also have played better at least so they could have had a better W/L ratio in the end. But we still have 2 EU teams in the knockouts, that's pretty good.

20. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

So, RIP AHQ.

Guaranteed Korean team in the semi's, arguably a guaranteed Korean team in the Finals.

Edited - Nevermind, Riot trolled & moved the matches. I get to watch the probable stomp of SKT vs AHQ. Well, at least I'll get to experience the atmosphere.

Overall thoughts?

KT > KOO
    FNC > EDG
    OG > FW
    SKT > AHQ.

I don't even want to try & guess overall game results based off of groups. I'd argue the toughest match will be FNC vs EDG purely based on who shows up, both teams have had a shaky group stage. Hell, everyone listed has barring SKT - but who knows, even Gods can fall. We hope.