1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heleor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Ashton Knight

Ashton Knight Disappeared DLP Supporter

High Score:
    We're not sure of the exact properties of Azbantium. We can't sya with any certainty to how it would react to anything.

My own personal headcon is that the Doctor just did the first loop in the nude.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  2. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

Oh the answer to this is very simple

The Doctor is actually an exhibitionist. During the very first "loop", he left his clothes there to dry and ran around the castle naked for the rest of the loop. It was only the Doctor in the second loop who got to keep his clothes on thanks to the noble sacrifice of the first one.

3. PotterFan

PotterFan High Inquisitor

Actually, we know enough. It's 400 times more resistant to indentations and scratches than diamond. And it's not brittle. A fist isn't getting through.

What the Doctor did was akin to flicking a marshmallow against a concrete wall over and over again. Utter madness, but I forgive Moffat. The episode made me feel...up until the end where he ruined it with that ridiculous declaration from the Doctor.

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Relevant trailer.

Much hype was had.

5. IAmJustAnotherGuy

IAmJustAnotherGuy Seventh Year

So Peter Jackson posted a sort of skit with Capaldi, in-character as The Doctor, delivering a letter from Steven Moffat. Will he finally direct an episode?

6. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm not going to celebrate until there's unambiguous word on whether this is legit or a highly elaborate prank. For the moment though, I would say that it seems to be far too OTT to be anything other than legit, even by Moffat's trolling standards.

7. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Well, technically Jackson just did direct a Doctor Who episode. Nobody said it's going to be a full one instead of mini. ;)

8. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

I thought it was like the Terminator series. Someone originally left the clothes for him to mess with him or some other reason and then he created a new time line and therefore time loop.

9. Ashton Knight

High Score:
    Nah, the Doctor just completed the first loop in the nude.

10. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

You know, he could have saved like a billion years if he'd just used the shovel.

11. Shinysavage

High Score:
    The Husbands of River Song.

It’s Christmas Day on a remote human colony and the Doctor is hiding from carols and comedy antlers. But when the Time Lord’s help is requested he finds himself recruited into River Song’s squad and hurled into a fast and frantic chase across the galaxy! King Hydroflax (Greg Davies) is furious and his giant robot bodyguard is out-of-control and coming for them all! Will Nardole (Matt Lucas) survive? And when will River work out who the Doctor is?
    All will be revealed on a starliner full of galactic super-villains and at a destination the Doctor has been avoiding for a very long time…

I'm hoping this is going to be more 'A Christmas Carol' or 'Time of the Doctor' than, say, 'The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe'.

12. Ashton Knight

High Score:
    Ugh, River Song again? I swear, she's like the new Rose or something (And I didn't like her either). Hopefully, this is her last episode.

13. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Missy said she knew where Gallifrey was. She also had the doctor's confession dial.

Could it be possible, this was how he hid Gallifrey in a pocket dimension?

We know that he considers the time lords as a bad thing for the universe but its his home so he still wants to save it.

So what better way than to put it in a place where he has to confess to a secret so big that he won't reveal it even after a billion years.

He probably obliviated himself. Probably using those bugs in the Time heist episode(remember, he's the one who set them up which would mean he had access to them).

Missy is probably the one who struck a deal with ME.
    What do you guys think?

14. Ashton Knight

High Score:
    I actually hate what they've done with The Master. WHat was the need to make him female? I'm not being sexist or anything but TimeLords have never shown the ability to change genders (The Doctor's regenerated over 10 times into a male, the chances of that are extremely low if it was a 50/50 chance of being a male or female).

My headcon is that the whole energy thing that The Master had going on in End of Time fucked up his regeneration somehow.

If they wanted a female TmeLord. would it have been so hard to bring in The Rani? Or even Romana? I know all of us were thinking it was gonna be Rani (Being called Mistress Rani on some occasions). Moffet probably thought he was geting one over on us when he revealed her to be The Master.

And when you see him/her on screen in the Daleks episode, you can't help but remember "This is the guy that conquered the Earth for a year and was a psychopath" and she's taken down easily.

15. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    They've been setting this up for some time. In the series since 2005, at least. What they're planning is to clear the field for a female Doctor. Which I'm all for - it could be brilliant.

The Corsair from a few seasons ago was said to change genders but keep the same tattoo.

What happened with Missy was Moffat/BBC not willing to regenerate Matt Smith into a woman without testing the waters first.

So we got Missy.

Personally, I'd rather they just bit the bullet and went with a female Doctor. But so be it.

16. Shinysavage

High Score:
    Taken down easily? Really? Off the top of my head, in that two parter Missy:

1. Takes over every single aircraft on the planet.
    2. Reveals her miraculous escape from certain death at the end of the previous series.
    3. Makes UNIT her bitch by killing people while utterly confident that they won't retaliate because they need her.
    4. Tricks the Daleks not only into thinking they killed her, but into powering up the gadget she used to escape.
    5. Yanked Clara around Skaro almost literally like a dog on a leash and coming within a heartbeat of getting the Doctor to kill her.
    6. Kills a Dalek with a brooch.
    7. Gets surrounded by Daleks and shows precisely zero fucks, simply telling them that she's got an as yet unknown plan.

At no point in that episode is she anything but in control, even if it doesn't look like it.

As for having a female Master...eh. I get the traditional geek dislike of change, but honestly I don't see why Time Lords being able to change gender in addition to their age, height, body type, bone structure, eye and hair colour, appearance etc etc is such a bug deal for any reason other than "It's never happened before!" or "I don't like this political correctness gone mad!". It helps that IMO, Missy is one of the best things to come out of the Capaldi era thus far.

17. Ashton Knight

High Score:
    I don't know guys, it's jsut that I really would have liked to see Rani as well. It's doubtful that the BBC will go with a female Doctor, they don't want to rock the boat too much and accidentally kill the golden goose.

18. 11elliott11

11elliott11 Squib

High Score:
  19. Ashton Knight

High Score:
    Hmm, pretty good, if a bit spoilerish. Kind of like the BvS trailer.

20. Shinysavage

High Score:
    I never thought I'd see the day where a character would have a more long-winded, self-indulgent send off than the Tenth Doctor. But that day has finally arrived!

For fuck's sake, Moffat.