1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Sep 10, 2015.

?

What brand is your underwear?

1. Instinct

28.1%
  2. Mystic

43.9%
  3. Valor

28.1%
  1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

You can pick up an unlocked iPhone 5c on eBay for ~$100.

That said I'd rather figure out how to root the old Android I have sitting around at 4.1 and put a better Android OS on it, but even looking at guides for those two things I'm not sure if it'd be worth the effort to figure it all out from scratch (I don't even know how to use Android, beyond playing with it in Best Buy once or twice, so there'd be an additional learning curve there).

2. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I have a Galaxy S5, and it plays it with no issues whatsoever. You can get refurbished ones under $200.

3. KaelMyec

KaelMyec Second Year

My Galaxy S4 runs it with the occasional loading hiccup but its workable. I went back to work unsure of what I would find and low and behold two Pokestops spaced just so around the walking trail at the building that you cross them just as they reset. Thirty minutes of walking and 15 Pokemon richer, got a Squirtle, a Bulbasaur, A Clefary, A Zubat, A Spearow, lots of Pidgey and Rattata, and a Scyther, almost got a Pinsir but the game froze up on me.

Funnily enough I caught the Scyther and a guy that works at the same building comes walking up and asks if I am playing Pokemon Go, I tell him I am, he goes "There's a Scyther here!" I smile and told him I already caught it, he cursed and walked off, I was amused.

4. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Just boosted from 18 to 20 with the lucky egg+evolution strat. Had some pretty nice evolutions as part of it, which shook up my top few slots (as well as a Tangela I caught earlier). I could pump my Eevees up more, but I'm crossing my fingers as I have 24 candies and a 483 Eevee ready to go.

I plan on going to South Beach or Wynwood tomorrow, because apparently both are covered in pokestops (Wynwood was a huge hub for Ingress), but I'll probably end up on South Beach because its easier and I actually know my way around.

Also have a 130 Magikarp with 352 candy... getting closer!

[​IMG]

5. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I have a question- has anyone seen Charmanders in the wild? I see bulbasaurs and squirtles all the time, but never charmanders.

6. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I've found Charmander in my neighborhood. They sometimes spawn in my backyard. Bulbasaur too. No squirtle, but he's my starter so it's k.

Also this is what happens at 9 PM at the burned down church by my old high school.

[IMGUR]7hXt5ss[/IMGUR]

[IMGUR]W6tbYy5[/IMGUR]

Those lures were still up when I left at 11 PM. Got Charmander, Mankey, Spearow, Vulpix, Venonat, Rattatat, Pikachu, and Eevee there.

Also apparently wild Dragonite, Arcanine, Ninetails, Raichu, and Primape spawn around here.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  7. mort

mort Groundskeeper

Started today with a Charmander. Caught several Doduos, a few Zubats and a Staryu. Saw a Pidgeotto and a Horsea nearby but it's freaking impossible to track these things down from 3 paws, and it really was too hot to go off my usual route. Not many Pokestops nearby though, and can't see a gym either... will have to explore.
    Also, how does Stardust work?

8. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Just stock it sı that when you reach level 10 or so you can level up your pokemons.

EDİT: Higher your level, higher CP pokemon you come across.

9. Hw597

Hw597 Seventh Year

Do you reckon Nintendo / game creators are going to start working in conjunction with business locations to spawn rarer pkmn in certain locations? That's what I would do. If you have an app that can essentially drive foot traffic, monetize baby!

10. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not sure about working with business locations, but the "rare pokemon spawn" has been inferred by the first commercial for Go that came out, where everyone rushes to catch the Mewtwo.

11. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh ffs. Hate that the legends are catchable.

Wish they were just events that flew by your town and fucked shit up.

12. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I seem to have exulted my areas supply of Pokemon, just catching more of the same and levelling. They said each area wouldn't spawn all, now just have to level and travel, might get them odd lucky spawn or egg hatch.

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Went for a 5k this morning and caught 19. Also, a magnemite hatched, which is damn awesome as I haven't even seen a hint of those around my area.

Until the watch comes out I might have to invest in some silly little phone strap so I can be absolutely sure I'm not gonna screw myself over by dropping my phone while catching Pokemon.

---

So with how spawns work - If you go through an area and capture any Pokemon, you're not going to be finding any more any time soon, right? Trying to figure out whether I can do laps around the park and have a reasonable respawn rate or if I need to diversify and never cross over the same path twice.

Park is damn convenient, though. 5 Pokestops and it takes me about five minutes to get around the area once, meaning infinite respawns on the items.

14. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Most every phone has a one click solution. If not, Odin is very easy to use as it will pretty much do everything for you. You just have to set up the programs.

15. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Got the full evee evolution set and am currently holding 9 gyms. Alakazam that I got on first day is still my favourite.

16. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Egg Incubators and Lucky Eggs are the way to go if you want to spend money on this game- Lucky Eggs if youre going to go fucking hard in the paint on a catch/pokestop route (because the ones you get from leveling up are more then enough to cover if youre just going to use it during mass evolutions), and Incubators if you have a way of hatching them quickly (driving around 10-15 mph isn't always acceptable, but I've managed to make it work in a few places).

Eggs give you so much Dust/Candies/potentially rare pokemon, with a ton of xp. Very worth it.

17. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

The best way, in my experience, to get a lot of xp is too catch a ton of pidgeys and rattatas, use a Lucky Egg, and then evolve all of them over the half hour period.

18. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

... Yes, that has been brought up before. Like in the post directly above yours.

19. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Well, that's pretty solid advice if you're not as familiar with the world as others are - all that's missing is the why part of it. Pidgeys and Rattatas (and a few others I think - I'm new here too) only take 12 candies to evolve, unlike most others that take 25/50/400. SOOO much faster than other methods, especially if you're like I am, and seem to have a fucking PLAGUE of pidgeys around. It's like the little bastards are eating all the undiscovered ones around me. Wankers.

20. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, I started Pokemon Go today. Had some troubles at the start that google solved, and everything went fairly smoothly (until the end). A lot of Eevees in my neighbourhood, one of which I caught right now because it spawned next to me. The only problems I had with finding Pokemon were the stares of other people on the street. I ditched a Clefairy because I’d be walking next to a woman and her two dogs.

The most annoying thing of my afternoon was this asshole Pidgeot. I had it on my tracker for fifteen minutes, but I thought it was a Pidgeotto and didn’t care. Then I turn onto my street and bam, it appeared. By that time I was confident in my skills at throwing Poke Balls, but goddamn this fucking bird. I must have thrown twenty-five balls at it. I eventually backed it into my driveway before the game froze. I think it’s a good thing it was gone when I reloaded my game.

Anyways, this is super fun.

EDIT: And another Eevee right next to me. Jesus, stop breaking into my house.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016