1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Sep 10, 2015.

?

What brand is your underwear?

1. Instinct

28.1%
  2. Mystic

43.9%
  3. Valor

28.1%
  1. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Hell, most people I've met have been enthusiastically social about the game.

2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    [​IMG]

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I gave in and downloaded this a couple of days ago. My phone is just barely good enough to play it with a lot of lag, but I've managed to catch my own weight in Pidgeys and Rattatas and a single 86CP Pidgeotto. There aren't many spawn points in my area, only a single Pokestop and no gyms whatsoever.

All in all, though, I've walked around my neighbourhood more today than I have the last three weeks. I've been to areas I haven't actually looked at in years, which I count as a win.

4. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Battery tips:

On settings there is a function called Battery saver, when selected it turns the screen of your phone dark when your phone is upside down. So if you put it upside down in your pocket with the sound up or ear phones in you can here the ping of near by pokemons and double your battery.

Second is download google maps, open settings and go to offline mode where you then download the map of your area so he app doesn't need to continually download areas as you walk saving data and power.

Third is simply turning the brightness of your screen down and music off but leave sound effects on.

That should at least double the length of your hunting trips.

5. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I spent an hour and a half in Bayfront Park in downtown Miami today. There's some kinda Charmander factory there churning them out, because I caught 8 and had 2 run on me.

I'll need to make sure to go back there again, though when its later and I don't need sunblock to be outside.

6. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Can bug out your game making you have to reset.

Was proven false with a Google Engineer outright saying so.

Better off turning sound off and just save everything, but music is one of the main sources of drain.

7. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Caught Abra, Arbok, Tabgela and Dratini this morning. Drove through town and passed the hospital and caught a Dragonite. Still haven't managed to get a Tauros. My buddy has three some how. Had a pretty high level Lapras hatch out of a 10km egg and Caught pickachu in my back yard. Pretty eventful day gathering wise.

8. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Managed to hit level 11 today, and finally caught a Nidoran(f). They've been getting away from me for too long. Clefairy, Drowzee, and Ghastly all got away though. This tracker really needs an improvement.

News update: people can request Pokestops/Gyms now. There's no promises it'll be picked, but it's definitely worth a shot.

Here's the submission form. for those interested.

9. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    Next feature on the wish list. Pokemon Breeding. The PokePimp is putting his B*tches to work.
    Do you think that would be to much?

"Mommy whats that bulbasaur doing to that gloom and why does she look like she is in pain." How will that shit go down?

10. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

that would be the point they'd introduce dittos into the game >.>

11. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I played a lot today.

Catch of the Day: Nidoking, 350 CP.
    Hatch of the Day: Porygon, my first egg. <3
    Annoyance of the Day: Trying to catch a Pokemon when in a car. Every time it turns a corner, the Pokemon slides out of view and I desperately twist my body to face it. Makes catching things awkward.

12. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

If you turn AR off, it won't make you turn your camera towards where the pokemon should be. You should see a toggle in the top right when you're trying to capture a pokemon.

13. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Still can't get that 'green ping' thing to work. Stumbled across Wigglytuff today, turned 360 super slowly, nothing.

14. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Having serious trouble with the game just not registering things.

Walk 5-8 km. 0.6 Km done. Catching Pokemon, what Pokemon?.

It's getting to the game breaking stage when I can't complete simple captures.

15. Erotic Adventures of S

Yesterday was bad for me, it froze on 80% of captures so I had to reset. Sometimes it had caught the Pokemon but not usually, today is better.

16. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Same problems here. I think the new wave of players coming from the official launch is the issue.

17. Erotic Adventures of S

Tipped over lvl 20. Ultra balls are fantastic. Sitting at half way, 75 Pokemon caught which is pretty much all in my area from what I can tell, will get a few evolutions and maybe a rare spawn, but with out traveling to new environment I think I'm topped out at around 80-85 Pokemon types.

18. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've got an annoying bug where, no matter how far I am from any pokemon, it'll constantly register as 3 'paws' away.

I've done thorough testing. I'm not being stupid.

Caused me to miss out on Rhyhorn/don, Marrowak, Hitmonlee, Charmeleon and Dragonair...

I'm not pleased...

19. mort

mort Groundskeeper

A 10 km egg hatched for an Onix today and then a 2 km one hatched into a Caterpie- thankfully I have 3 km worth of walking in my daily schedule anyways, so I'm churning through the eggs fast.
    Also caught a Squirtle today... when it was supposed to be 3 steps away. Not complaining, but man this tracker busted bad.

20. Erotic Adventures of S

Same issues for me with tracker. Mostly. Just walk my usual way and catch what appears, I've never chased one.