1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Sep 10, 2015.

?

What brand is your underwear?

1. Instinct

28.1%
  2. Mystic

43.9%
  3. Valor

28.1%
  1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I get a lot of Shelder, Horsea and Magikarp. I assume they're fairly common.

Then there's the hordes of Weedle/Rattata/Pidgey/Venonat that plague the world. Only seemingly rare capture was a Vastly that appeared to me in bed. :/

2. Red Wizard

Red Wizard DA Member DLP Supporter

For the love of god I just want a consistent way to find an Abra and some Ghastly. Don't care if i literally have to sacrifice a real animal to summon ghastly. Gengar is my shit.

3. Seratin

High Score:
    Vastly are more common around churches and graveyards.

EDIT: Servers have been brought down by DDoS.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  4. Red Wizard

Is this confirmed? I have been around a couple of graveyards and most of the pokestops in my area are chruches. I can't seem to find any. I'll go out tonight to some cemeterys and see though. Thanks.

5. Seratin

High Score:
    It won't be every church or graveyard but there's m multiple reports of them hanging around them at night. Also, there's a graveyard quite close to my house which I blame for my night time visit.

6. Red Wizard

I can only focus on one aspect of this. Where are you seeing "persistent" mr.mimes at?

7. mort

mort Groundskeeper

Server's been down all day, aside for a small 20 minute reprieve that allowed me to catch a Pinsir and hit up my uni's pokestop. Heard it's been spotty globally for the past 24 hours though, is it true?

8. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, the servers aren't good over here, either. I'm on right now, but I'm not sure how long it'll last.

9. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    doduo for day in my area. You normally see 2 or 3 spawn.

10. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I assume the servers are just overloaded, considering they opened the game up in nearly all of Europe. That combined with it being the first weekend since the game really got popular, the strain's probably too much.

Is there some note of a specific DDoS, though?

11. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Abra spawn like candy at in Downtown Disney, CA.

12. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Pooldles are the devil

Just a dick move in general considering this is a game played by all groups with kids and adults.

Whats more even if they are caught the punishment is very small, when something like this probably cost the company millions and ruined people days if they had planned gaming days with friends.

13. M.L.

M.L. Groundskeeper

Caught 766 Rhydon and I'm so damn happy

14. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Well, it released in Poland today and I walked around a bit, leveled to lvl 3 and caught some random mons.

Nothing fancy, here's what I got so far:

[​IMG]

15. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

[​IMG]
    Caught Tauros at an intersection in town. I got out to help a dude change a tire.

16. throwaawy

throwaawy Fifth Year

that is remarkably good for a first day. word of advice thoug since it looks like you powered up your charmander. for three-stage pokemon (aside from pidgey) save your candy until you can evolve them in one go, by the time you get the 125-150+ that you need, chances are you'll have found a higher level one you can use to evolve

17. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

throwaawy

Thanks for the advice man, appreciated.

18. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

This shit is finally up and working in Sweden, only had time to get my starter before the graveyard shift though - I'll probably put in a couple of hours tomorrow. Then again my summer gig is an old prison that's renovated into a hotel, the premises alone contains 4 pokestops. Atleast something yeah?

19. throwaawy

throwaawy Fifth Year

20. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Had a shitty time looking for a good park today, the first park I went to had Onix as its 'non-area normal' spawn (which is garbage), and the second one had Diglett. The third one I didn't even try to get into after seeing the huge line (and payment required), and the fourth one was a college campus along the water that had nothing but shitty parking.

Used two lucky eggs to do my next mass evo (because server instability combined with the sheer amount of stuff made 1 not be enough). Went up 90k XP, though, and hit level 23. Now it takes 125k xp to hit the next level : (.

But I finally evolved several mons I've been sitting on, so after powering them up to their max level (or point on the CP arc, however you want to phrase it), this is my new top cp peoples.

[​IMG]

Only the top row and the Rapdiash were maxed out on level, because I ran out of dust. Started with around 120k dust, all gone after that. Ridiculous. That's why you don't evolve stuff early, wait til you are higher level and catch pokemon that are higher level.

Level, in this case, is visualized as a point on the CP curve. Pokemon have a max level of your level, and every time you gain a level you can bump it up twice more on the curve, or two half-levels. You catch higher level pokemon when you're higher level, which is why its better to wait then try to evolve one you can early but would have to wait a long time to evolve the second time.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016