1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

That's one of the best examples of a guilty pleasure fic I know of, for me at least. So many overdone plot devices, but still entertaining.

2. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Looking for a fic I read a couple of years ago that I can't find it myself. It was an OC story about a girl who can speak parseltongue, set in epilogue times there's a Humanoid Snake monster in Hogwarts.

Auror Harry and I think Ron and Hermione end up investigating too. That's pretty much all I remember, the story stood out to me because it was one of the future OC stories that was good an had an interesting premise.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  3. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Another clichéd fic from my early fanfic days:

Harry/Hermione. The story had "Black Island" in it that Harry gained access to after Sirius died. The island was somewhere in the Caribbean and had old-fashioned styled but magical pirates on it. Harry and Hermione enjoyed living out some sort of strange pirate sex fantasy though the story wasn't smut.

I think Harry when he first came to the island had to prove himself "capable" of leading the pirates on the island with some sort of challenge.

I think the story ended with them all taking their magical pirate ship, doing a Dumstrang and raising in in the Hogwarts lake before shooting Deatheaters with canons.

I know it's terrible but it's another fic that makes me feel nostalgic.

4. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

Here ya go

5. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wow, even a sequel in the works.

6. verdict

verdict Muggle

Spent the last hours frantically looking for a certain story without any luck. I'll briefly list what I can recall and hope to high heaven somebody knows which one it is.

-a good few years after the end of the second wizarding war (non canon compliant)
    -Harry has barricaded himself in Malfoy Manor to avoid arrest
    -Umbridge has taken over the Ministry and commands big breasted Susan Bones to apprehend him
    -Harry became a researcher over the years and published various books under a pseudonym
    -when the Aurors try to storm the manor Dobby captures Tonks and Lupin who then shag with reckless abandon
    -Hermione heads an institute where Harry in disguise gives a lecture

7. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

The Dolores Doctrine. It looks dead sadly.

8. Comedy

Comedy Disappeared

High Score:
    I remember a story where the Harry-Voldermort relationship was quite well done (NO SLASH). they had a pact that they couldn't kill each other and they were immortal because of it.

Can't remember the name...:confused:

9. Majube

High Score:
    So, I can't find this fic on Scryer either dont remember anything other than the key points
    Hermione tries to travel back in time but instead ends up in an alternate universe where Grindelwalds still trying to take over.
    She finds out that her alternate self is considered an idiot by everyone and was adopted by purebloods. Her father put her into a coma trying to get her to be accepted family rings
    She finds out that Britain's more inclusive muggle magic tech and Europeans everywhere and all Hogwarts students are expected to do go to jobs that help the war effort except she's considered too dumb. I forgot what else it was apparently abandoned before it ever really got going but it seemed interesting.

10. Stan

Stan Order Member

Is it Reverse?

I remember that her alternate self was an idiot and was adopted by purebloods, and there's lot of muggle magic tech. Don't think a couple of points fit, though.

11. Majube

High Score:
    No, I've read that one before and some stuff fits but its a wildly different story. Thanks for trying, would it help if I detailed more stuff? I remember there was a scene where she meets Malfoy and he mocks her an apparently both her alternate self and Pansy liked him. She also has an older brother that dotes on her and gets the teachers to pass her even though she's a slacker. She also encountered a merman an he notes shes changed. I feel like the title mentioned Histories or something also in this story there was a fiendfyre general of Grindelwald and Lily Potter and Alice Longbottom are well known fighters. That's all I remember.

12. fichead

fichead Muggle

High Score:
    trying to find an old fanfic :/

Can anyone help me identify a fanfic a read a few years ago please?

I can't remember the name of the story but the basic story line is this.

Harry grows big black wings and finds out he's adopted from another race. He has a whole other family; parents, brother and sister. He's believed to be cursed because his race normally have smaller, white wings and the ones with black tend to be a bit crazy. i think his brother has black wings too. It turns out the wings are to make him able to travel through the void of space and time. There's much more to the story but this is all I remember for sure.

I've been looking but I don't remember enough of the story to go off. anyone have any ideas?

13. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  14. Majube

High Score:
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  15. fichead

fichead Muggle

High Score:

right in one!!! thanks soo much. I'll try to post I'm the right place next time ;)

16. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Why would you want to read that?

17. Majube

High Score:
    Don't know Fichead's reasoning but when I first got into the fandom I thought this story was amazing I reread it recently like a week ago and it still had some pretty novel ideas and I thought it was enjoyable if only Almost Recommendable as it was rated here.

18. rj45

rj45 First Year

Anyone remember the name of a story with Harry going back into the marauders time, and becoming a potions master, just to annoy Snape. He also makes small changes in the past, which result in big changes in the future?

19. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Are you talking about Delenda Est by Lord Silvere? Harry becomes a potions master but not to annoy Snape.

20. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    How Harry urned Hogwarts around