1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

t h a n k y o u

You can stay even if you're pocketing me.

2. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hi Cobalt, that was my impression from the thread. I'm currently checking that recollection against the vote record I'm making right now.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Please, by all means, tell me how my voting is suspect when you idiots wanted to lynch Jarizok day one.

And when I voted Jan Day Two with my read without paying attention to anything that was going on surrounding his alignment.

Please.

Tell me.

:sherlock:

4. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Here is my jarizok thought process that I've layed out before:

I thought he was scum.

No seriously, I thought he was scum.

My townreads all started a flashwagon on him, led by Delphine and Vaimes.

People were making it hard to lynch him for bad reasons, like him suggesting his own lynch. He was definitely scum.

Except then the pivotal person we needed to lynch Jarizok (quiddity) wanted tom instead, and I was townreading Quiddity and shrugreading tom. So let's lynch tom. But then wow, we can't get tom lynched despite having near consensus on that earlier, which means the lynch will rebound on Jarizok. Ok, sure, that probably means that Jarizok is town. But there's only 5 minutes left, so oh well.

5. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Question: It seemed you got hard townread at the start for like... appearing excited and actually playing. If you were mafia is that not something that could be coached or maintained long?

I held off sheeping that reasoning even though Von seemed pretty confident in it but was just wondering about your pov.

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This is what's bad.

Scum doesn't offer themselves up for a D1 lynch on a silver goddamn platter.

I'm not buying anyone who legitimately thought Jarizok was scum anymore. You will not use that for cred/excuses in any way shape or form as long as I'm alive and in this thread.

---------- Post automerged at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

No I was hard townread for the sheer amount of frustration I displayed at what seemed to be scum Von and scum Fonti super early in Day One. Scum or shitty gameplay, both of which were stupid.

It wasn't just for being excited and playing, it was for going balls to the wall on two people that I normally write off / pocket Day One because there's no reason to look at them twice unless they give me a reason.

---------- Post automerged at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Which, Mal, I would never ever ever ever ever ever do as scum in any universe where they're both not scum with me.

Reasons why I'm not ever scum here, exhibit A.

---------- Post automerged at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

rip
    mallorean_thug

7. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Mafia was fine with either Jarizok or Tom getting lynched, but would have definitely prefered Jarizok (to save Tom for later, allow font to continue down her rabbit hole), and would definitely prefer there not being a possibility of it going elsewhere.

Reflexively voting Jan there is scummy, not towny. Sorry.

Votal stuff is coming if I can stop obsessively checking the current page of the thread.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

And does anyone else think this particular statement looks cred-grabby?

"My townreads voted this person led by the two masons who I totally was townreading and I'm town because I was townreading them."

9. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Good luck lynching Vaimes and Delphine for being scum . . . oh wait.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I was never scumreading Delphine but lol.

I just think it's funny that you think I'd purposely put myself in a position where my D1 reads on Vaimes etc. were grossly wrong.

When I supposedly know their alignments, as scum.

How does that add up?

11. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Were you scumreading Delphine on Day1? I don't think so.

Were you scumreading Vaimes for terrible reasons Day1? Yes, and you thought he was playing badly enough you could get away with it.

Like, that's why I don't buy Vaime's townread on you being correct. He thought you were town because scum!you wouldn't be disappointed in his "bad" play. Except that's literally the reason I townread font while she was burying me in Cathunt, and I'm never doing that again. Scum can totally be disapointed that somebody they know isn't living up to their best townplay and still opportunistically try to push them for it, while making their target feel too guilty to properly fight back.

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Spoiler alert: It doesn't and you're grasping at straws to try and discredit me because being as widely townread as I was makes me a threat.

---------- Post automerged at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Honestly right now I'm leaning Jan / Mal / Math / [Eco, Q, Miner, DLGN]

Scummiest to least scummy in that order.

Probably not ever lynching Fluff.

13. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Good dodge. The point is that if your position is "No town would ever scumread Jarizok on Day1" its wrong. You can think that /my/ scumread on Jarizok was fake, you can even give reasons for why my scumread was fake like Fluff. But a categorical statement like yours is wrong, even if it sounds nicer and more convincing in your head.

I don't know your towngame. Maybe I'm wrong here. Its very unfortunate that I can't talk this over with Vaimes now that I have the time to play.

But there's definitely a narrative that leads to scum!you absolutely taking that line, as explained in my previous post.

Separately, have you suggested a full 4 person team yet? Caught any other scum from Jan's spew?

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I didn't say no town would ever scumread Jarizok on Day One.

I said that nobody is going to get towncred for using "I genuinely thought he was scum" as an excuse anymore, regardless of your reasons why.

And I've suggested a four-person team. Last slot is interchangeable.

15. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    I don't understand this sentence or how its distinct from the position I was just arguing against.

Are you saying "I will scumread anybody that voted for Jarizok for reasons other than consolidation unless they can point to or give a comprehensive case on scum!Jarizok from their Day1 point of view"?

Because that sounds like a waste of time.

16. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Is frustration outside of your scumrange? Mafia have to push/fight town, ya know? I'd say I was insanely frustrated d1 but I'd like to think I could do it as mafia.

Ehhh idk, I think you really believe it fwiw, we good here.

17. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hmm, guys, I figured out what CrimsonFox's deal was. Why has nobody pointed this out before?:

I think that CrimsonFox literally thought that Eido was a player in the game that died. Like, they asked what happened, font told them that Eido died, and then nobody else would point them to where that happened.

I think the fact that nobody else has pointed out the post where font said Eido died means that the slot is town. Like, surely the scumteam noticed that? And they didn't bring it up?

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

EW

Mal clearing Eco slot is gross.

---------- Post automerged at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

You aren't getting the point and I'm tired of reiterating myself.

19. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    I mean, I don't want to clear people for derptells. But before I honestly couldn't figure out why they thought that it wasn't day1 or why they were so frustrated with people telling them it was day1. Now it makes sense, it makes sense in a towny way, and it makes sense in a way that should have come up previously, but instead everybody needed to be able to have eco as their easy last scum.

Ugh, that makes things much harder for me. Jan/Cobalt/miner/DLGN? I mean, that puts the scumteam as people avoiding both wagons on town and yelling about it (dlgn, cobalt), an early hop on to stay with the people he was trying to pocket (Jan), and somebody that was only around to consolidate (miner). That makes sense to me, but might be a little on the nose? I might have to reevaluate quiddity or fluff? ugh.

---------- Post automerged at 00:31 ---------- Previous post was at 00:30 ----------

No, I'm not getting the point. You haven't explained the point in a way I can parse. Maybe that's on me, maybe that's on you. Please try to explain it again and I'll try to understand it again. Alternatively, have somebody else explain it for you.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm voting the scum who thinks he can mislynch you.