1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Fable - I think your pien read is not good?!

I agree with Reg that the initial post was preplaned and just null. You should not townread her for it, but making a post like that is not wofly.

Could you give me your stance on the cobalt read?
    I get that you don't like her read, but do you think it is scummy or do you just not share the read?
    Any sort of detail on that one would be appreciated.

2. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I don't like cobalt and stanari jumping on the fonti wagon. It just seems really out of the left field when there are others with more scumreads to go on. Also, quiddity's reaction to a joke post from pie is tunneling but since I'm not the most experienced mafia player I won't put much into that.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh god pie's a waller.

Off the cuff read: like their content.

Zenzao vote is sexy and I'll move it when he has more content to judge; had an unexplainable icky feeling re: his entrance. I'm side-eyeing Cobalt/Reg and really like pie for vocalizing some of my thoughts on them, Stanari's lack of content is palpable, and Jarizok feels like he is intentionally drawing heat.

Off to work.

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Thanks for the elaborated reads in Post #204 Fonti, and you don't need to worry about grabbing quotes for Blab. I'm really not seeing your issue with Vaimes's Zenzao vote but we can table Vaimes until later in the day I guess since you at least agree there's a decent chance he's town here. Your read on Waco seems super weak? You actually scum reading Kai here, because I could kind of see that given his Cobalt vote and reasoning was baffling and wouldn't mind hearing you talk about that.

Underwhelmed by Fables re-entrance but I'll read it again when I wake up tomorrow.

It's more of a uh, inside this entire thread Pie only really knows me well and she knows that I endgame a little more often than I should as scum by following a fairly similar game plan of play a strong D1/D2 as scum, shoot threats and then fall off in content and activity pushing weaker players or players I think give me a path to victory at the end, sure it's something others do too but it's more of a "if she doesn't mention it and it happens she'd feel bad" type thing so I imagine her thinking of/planning on stating that pregame, I wouldn't read into it at all.

I'm missing what you're getting at here, if the back and forth is genuine wouldn't that lead you towards thinking it's V/V thus we'd both be town reads? Or are you moreso just stating that you don't think it's a "forced interaction between partners".

---------- Post automerged at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so predictable.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

This is the grave you have dug for yourself.

---------- Post automerged at 08:08 ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 ----------

Oh dear, am I #topposter? Again? How did that happen?

B)

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Is this why you don't try and win scum games? You've seen enough of me see Jurassic that you should be able to work out (if not this early in the game, then soon) that I'm town here.

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Disagree that her first post has no wolf equity. I really do think posts like those are meant to be filler and open with something that looks longer and helpful but isn't. As for the cobalt read, I don't know that I think it's wolfy necessarily. I think it could be chalked up to not having played with him before. Like some of the things she pointed out I would equate more with V cobalt like the reaching comment.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'll work it out for myself. Probably.

You telling me your town isn't gonna be part of that "working it out."

---------- Post automerged at 08:16 ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 ----------

aughhhhh

you're*****

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I think you both believe in what you are saying, but I am not sure if I can tell your alignment from it.

I would not say that you cannot be w/w for talking to each other. I expect you two to not be completely incapable as wolves, but the conversation does not feel farbicated to me, which gives it some unaligned points.

Just some random ramblings of an old man.

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    And now that I'm around game is kinda dead.

Sick.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yeah sorry. just got done with shower and putting on clothes, but I still have to pack some things and we leave in ~20 minutes.

I might be around on my phone and if not, well ..

“Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,”

12. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Worry not Fabes, I'm here, coming to you live from the pool in my parents' backyard.
    Vaimes If you feel like I'm intentionally drawing heat, I'm probably town for it for a variety of reasons. Why, then, would you point this out?

---------- Post automerged at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Obviously phoneposting.

Please don't ban me for lack of a white line.

13. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Early thoughts:

I'm leaning towards the scum side on Von for the moment actually. I saw the Fonti/Reg discussion about the opening post gambit be indicative, but I don't agree with that. In the mean-time Von's early play has been less fluffy, sharp and a bit defensive in my eyes (#96 & #104 are fair examples)

Lol, don't worry about it, I'll carry town to victory this time.

Having played on MS a few times, feel qualified to say this is your best post.

I disagree with the Cobalt read. More than anything your read looks like someone unfamilliar with Cobalt who thinks they see a mislynch possibility. Cobalt's pretty null so far for me.

Contrastingly your Stanari read feels quite, awkward.

Q, I agree with the pienyan read, but the way I see it the opening post wasn't the issue.

Overall I like the reads in this post, but don't love the reasoning. Though after Quiddity's last few games, does that make him more likely town?

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    WH8 suggests otherwise. You having loltier reads that you should have gotten slammed for is why I V read you the first day and a half. Not the exact same thing here but being controversial is not something to V read you for.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Because the mafia aren't blind and intentionally playing badly is almost always a bad idea?
    Jarizok

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Hey Jarizok, what's up man?

You got anything for me before I go to bed?

---------- Post automerged at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Hey Plotless! Are you scum Plotless? Cause I think you might be scum Plotless.

17. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Vaimes is rather scummy. Reg is setting the precedent for easy townreads and redirecting conversation to be about Cobalt, Acio and myself while subliminally constantly asserting that read. Reg could just be town really convinced of his Vaimes read that strongly, but with Vaimes pinging me so strongly, I doubt it.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Jan - Fair, that makes sense.

Fable - If you're around I'll take an elaboration on your Vaimes read as well as your thoughts on some of the lower posters thus far (Plotless, Waco, Kai) as well as any read you have on Fontisian at the moment.

Jarizok - Are you stating that you were intentionally trying to draw attention and heat earlier? If so can a) Explain what the point of it was and how you thought scum/town would treat you differently during it and b) What you actually garnered from it. And since you didn't answer it previously I still want your scum read on Vaimes explained especially given your above post points towards you being confident inside that scum read meaning it shouldn't be a difficult one to explain.

I'm liking Wacos recent posts, specifically like his read on Plotless.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Can we call scum!plotless townless?

Asking for a friend.

20. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I'm probably retarded, but can you explain this for me?