1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Ask for a case, a case you shall receive.

Your first post is immediately off-key. This was posted solely to put yourself "outside of your scumrange".

I'll admit I misread your 2nd post saying Blab tried and failed to vote you as false bravado when you actually meant that Blad didn't use the correct format. But then there you go again, with the gross false bravado:

Just look at that merge, people.

The Zenzao fluff is then followed with a serious? question about his towniness (#74). That's not how scumhunting works. It's also not how RVS/fluffing/memeing works. It's a "I shouldn't overdo it on the lulz, let's post something that makes me look like I'm doing work" post.

Having felt the above on first read, if not quite as articulated as it is now, I throw down the vote. Acio joins. Vaimes throws out

as a response to Acio's vote. That's actually fine. No problemo. But then both Cobalt and Reg come to the rescue. Cobalt by saying we shouldn't be trying to read Vaimes at all cause he's always nai early (???) and Reg by basically saying he's outside his scumrange not even 100 posts in (I may have strawmanned Reg's statement here, but damn it was still weak tea man).

Encountering this resistance was surprising since I think Vaimes being off was pretty obvious, but how flimsy both defenses were was even more surprising.

I can definitely see town!Cobalt come at those votes like he did, he's not shy about calling out stuff he doesn't agree with and wouldn't bother making an actual counter that holds any sort of water.

Reg's townread however, is both way too easy and in very stark contrast with his unwillingness to read Vaimes last game. He spent multiple day phases going "I'm not sure on Vaimes, I can't read him, but I'll sheep you guys for now", but now Vaimes made 2 posts, people voted him for it, and it's Regfan to the rescue?

I mean, call me out if I'm crazy here. I realised right away that this is probably too easy and I don't want to tunnel, but obviously I was gonna do it anyway so I throw out

and continue to have fun a bit, not wanting to lolJarizok my way into D1 with a theory of being onto 2 (it can't possible be 3, right?) scum already.

But Cobalt doesn't want to let it go. Apparently I have to be instantly discredited.

I didn't ask for this. It's not fun being lolJarizok. I'd like to be taken seriously for my read-making abilities. But that shit, with Vaimes immediately distancing

I'm obviously tunneling. Even this small interaction screams scum to me at this point.

I'll stop here and reconsider my life's choices.

I've been down the D1 tunnel before and it didn't end well for me or town as a whole that game. We don't speak of it.

---------- Post automerged at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

@Q What is this creeperoni avatar?

2. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Excluding seriousness, what's your take on his case against pienyan (198/213) and his shift away from them?

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

I don't like the fact that Jari is simultaneously trying to tell us that Vaimes is scum without full committing.

Like... we have three more days of d1. If ever there was a time to really tunnel and show us what you're thinking, now would be a pretty good time instead of two hours before deadline.

4. Jarizok

No.

I'll spend today finding townies instead. Leaving my vote though.

5. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Jarizok do you have any sort of font read right now?

---------- Post automerged at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------
    Regfan Quiddity Fable what's your take on Jarizok 250?

6. Jarizok

Not really. I'll take a look.

---------- Post automerged at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 00:05 ----------

Sligh townlean for Fonti. She went the other direction I did on Vaimes' response, but her focus on figuring out the false bravado/town!vaimes dichotomy mixed in with all the playfull fluff is what I'd expect to see and feels genuine.

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Zenzao

Wait why would you put an absent player towards the V side that doesn't make any sense. Why would they be anything other then perfectly null?

8. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Reading over pienyan's post again and I can see why he would have a problem with it(because it reads hella like Mathblade/Titus kind of behavior against Regfan) but I don't necessary see a problem in how Regfan responded, so I do disagree with Quid's phrasing there. I think his move against Plotless could initially be explained by his 198 on the line about Stanari, and I'd say the same also applies to his initial push against pienyan.

But when I checked Plotness' posts(#256, #222, #240) are the posts that Plotless made between Quid's 213 and his sudden #293.) between Quid's push on pienyan and moving on it just seems a bit odd, because I don't see anything in them that indicates 'bad over scummy' unless you want to say his tunneling comment on Quid is the reason.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Jari, that quote of me is at Acio, not Cobalt.

You dislike Reg's easy townread on me, but what do you think of his easy townread on Cobalt? Or you think all three of us are scum?

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean I'm probably a little biased cuz he said he likes me but seems meh overall? I don't really make anything of it because having a favorable opinion of people who agree with you isn't AI so much as it is basic psychology. Would like him to put a little more effort into his reads than that however cuz that answer was a copout.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

And if you want to be taken seriously, starting with a scumread on me when I'm town is as hardmode as it gets. You'd have an easier time lynching font.

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I don't understand what you're trying to say here? Like I feel like you're making assumptions about jar's alignment here but I can't tell in what direction.

13. Jarizok

Which quote? The mainstreamer one or the acknowledged one?

Cobalt, is most like I'd expect town!Cobalt to act between the 3 of you, so Reg throwing that read wasn't as noticeable. I'm not going to reread Reg now in light of interaction with you though, that's going to help me reset from tunneling. I'll be around chiling for a lil bit, then sleep. More tomorrow.

Are you scum though?

---------- Post automerged at 00:32 ---------- Previous post was at 00:30 ----------

Not going to help me reset*

Ebwop

---------- Post automerged at 00:33 ---------- Previous post was at 00:32 ----------

I don't mind a challenge. Makes me feel like I've earned it.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The acknowledged one.

I'm an мж.

---------- Post automerged at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Not even close.

Doesn't matter, the post was for him and he understood.

15. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    TL;DR- He is true-null in my actual reads. Assumption developed for false-reads that out of the players posting so far, his absence actually put him in a better place then most of the others who have been active.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Just in case people think that's code, мж just means town.

boop

17. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:

Any thoughts on 296?

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Seems he's responding to Plotless here. Town-lean, since he's offering Plotless a chance to get views out and asking for gut response instead of ISO. Looking at Quid's interactions between pienyan and Plotless as a whole I believe I can see where he's coming from.

What are you getting out of it?

19. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    You can usually tell when someone is giving unfiltered thoughts without requesting it specifically and it came off rehearsed and sort of coachy to me. It's not exactly outside of a town thing finding a new player though and looking for a response someone more experienced could dodge.

Mainly the feel I get from it is if quiddity flipped witch plotless wouldn't be a bad followup afterwards; not really sure if I feel the reverse is true though.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am back home, but not sure if I should actually try to make reads. skimmed over most posts (ignored Jaris case on Von for now) and the only result is that my head is spinning just a little bit.

I was about to call otu Zenzao for switching his font read from HPMafia to MM (Mimemafia), but then I realized he was talking MountainousMafia and all was well.

I am just more sure Von is town and want some other people to do things and give reads.
    Will either comeback into the thread when I wake up or later (in case I don't go to bed).

Unsorted thoughts for now are that Adults are more likeable than minors.
    I think Regfan and pienyan are likebale for now. I liked pienyan doubling down on the Regfan explanation after Fable called her scummy for doing such busy-esque work.
    Good chance that scum would look for another angle because they don't want to draw too much attention.

Acio i s someone my gut calls town, but don't ask me for a why tomorrow, because I wouldn't know.

Fable is likable but might need to proof himself a little bit more.

Most of those thoughts are really like skimmed the stuff and that is what my gut says. Feel free to ask me about more if you have questions. Might take a little while, maybe.