1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Stanari***

man

---------- Post automerged at 02:32 ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 ----------

Stanari and pie are both new, but there's a very stark difference re: how they are handling the new environment. Dunno if that's more indicative of personality or alignment.

Something for people to chew on.

Wow it's late, bye.

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    When you say you hate the Cobalt/Reg stuff, do you mean stuff between the two of them, stuff they've posted independent of each other, or both?

Also, what is scum!owner? Also also, what would you say to the suggestion that pie's catchup post (#184) is badly justified in the component where it's going after Acionyx?

---------- Post automerged at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

EBWOP: And why does everyone disappear just as I'm trying to talk to them?? ._.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Very specifically them quickly and easily townreading each other.

owner is a person who was obvious scum and got lynched D1 in the last game here.

No comment.

---------- Post automerged at 02:38 ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 ----------

Leave me alone I'm trying to sleep. ._.

4. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hmm...I kinda blipped that b/c I townread them both individually before coming across that. I don't think it's enough to make me think they're not town (since I agree w/ both their reasonings), but if either of them DO turn out to be scum I'd probably look at the other one pretty close.

5. blab

blab Second Year

I think you wanted to deliberately place your vote on fonti while joking about how you would place your vote deliberately on fonti.

I mean, I wasn't exactly reinventing the wheel with the thought that there might be strategic vote placement when one of you mentioned strategic vote placement, and btw. that doesn't even indicate fontisian is town ( and fonti gets exactly 0 townpoints for saying that she thinks it does fmpov), though she does look better and Cobalt worse if you are scum.

---------- Post automerged at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

I will post general thoughts, maybe even a wall, soonish.
    As of this moment I feel less strongly about the surety of my reads than usual, so bleh.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

OK - I think I am more or less up to date now.

Lacking the dead sure scumreads, but I feel like I have an insane townblock that I feel good about.

Block-Party :
    Vaimes
    Fable
    Adult (Miner)
    dichotomousCreator
    Acionyx

Regfan

Cobalt

Those 8 are townreads or in Regfans case likely town that is townsiding if he rolled scum. Less sure on blab/Cobalt, but fine to give them cred for now.

5 people I have reasons to like, but I am not sure on them :
    blab
    pienyan
    Zenzao
    fontisian
    Quiddity

Unwashed/Unresolved masses :
    Jarizok
    KaiDASH
    Plotless
    Stanari
    The Waco Kid

Bottom 5 are a lot of cases where I just need more information tbh and I am close to certain there is at least one in the group of 5 above that.

Not because it is impossible for the bot 5 to have all the scum, but more because I don't trust myself enough.

Had blab as the last person in the towngroup when I made this post, but I realized it was mostly from other peoples reads on him and not my own. So he got demoted to the middlegroup where he fits like a glove.

---------- Post automerged at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

Oh damn it .. didn't change up the line about the 8 townreads etc after demoting blab.

This is why you should always foolproof-read your posts, kids.

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

you should have gotten your coven to read it first

8. blab

blab Second Year

I'll iso Fable
    I liked Waco
    dC needs an avatar

strong!scum lurk!scum or both Jan?

---------- Post automerged at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

Kai, I just iso'd your tremendous content. Guess what I think about you?

9. KaiDASH

little... hands?

10. blab

blab Second Year

I don't know what I expected.

---------- Post automerged at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

I actually thought that your progression from "acio carry me" and "lynch cobalt" to your reads was too ..."clean" , I guess, than I remembered Cobalt hadn't posted and I agree with the acio read but I also felt like you were possible being extra unreadable and that's bad.
    Are you being more unreadable on purpose , do you think Jan is scum and why?

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Now you've done it!

(Also how does ISO work on this forum?)

---------- Post automerged at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

EBWOP: Actually I've just vaguely recalled hearing that Kai is usually kind of obtuse...so I'd be interested to hear input from people who've played with Kai a fair bit about whether this is par for the course or not.

(...and actually, same question for people who've played with Quiddity if anyone has useful input there)

12. blab

blab Second Year

Badly. Click on the total number of posts and then on the number of posts behind that person. Or Greasemonkey script or something, ask Jan?

---------- Post automerged at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

I mean, I have played with Kai and I have posted a pretty exact response to your question right there?

13. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I'll be around in like half an hour, two things real quick OTOH:
    Regfan; can you walk me through why you're actually scum reading Plot? If I missed it, link please.
    Fable; you have expressed you are mostly scum reading me based on my entrance. Does my explanation in #282 affect your thoughts at all, and if not, why not?

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Have you checked the clock? Even witches need beauty sleep. Maybe even more than humans.

---------- Post automerged at 12:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

Who are you refering to with that last line?

Are you asking me what I am? Or someone else?

I am all kinds of scum, but not today. Today I am your scum in shining armor.

15. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Just woke up. Catching up now

16. blab

blab Second Year

It's basically my thoughts posed as a question, I guess.
    I am sympathetic to not having strong scumreads, but I am evaluating how good I feel about how good I feel about my townreads which are not as strong as yours anyway, I think, but you are not.

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Sure, I really didn't like his vote placement and especially his reasoning behind his vote on Cobalt in Post #195, it largely ignores what he should know of Cobalt meta given WH8 which ended ~1 week ago and it feels slimy? I also think his names he's okay lynching in Post #325 is probably the type of names I'd select as scum in this playerlist based on how it's played out. It's a pretty weak scum read, but ultimately just not seen anything that's indicated he's town yet.

[​IMG]

(I don't know why but this read from you hurts so much more because I knew it was coming and commented to myself that "I bet Vaimes is going to scum read me this game" when I made my initial few posts. Perhaps consider it from my perspective of inside this game Cobalt/Yourself are the people that I'm most acquainted with since I did a lot of meta reading on both of you in the background of last game and that I came into this day phase planning on nailing down a read on you two (and a few others) pretty early on and both of your early posts indicated pretty heavily that you're town.)

I intend on holding you to this.

Jan - Can you explain the Fable town read, that's the only strong one in your list that I'm not really there with yet, I'm happy if you want to get to this in ~24 hours though. I'll also grab your "reasons to like Q" if it's based on something non-meta related but we're mostly on the same page about everything else which is awesome. What do you think of my Plotless read?

@Pie, explained the read in Post #382 and ftr, Plotless isn't Plotinus, or at least I think not now.

18. KaiDASH

If I had a pet scum read it'd be regfan.

I only have a pet cat though.

19. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

What do EBWOP and NAI stand for?

---------- Post automerged at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

I didn't even realise quid was talking to me at 296. I'll throw a vote in in a second after I reread this.

20. blab

blab Second Year

edited by way of doublepost
    not aligned indicate

just give us some reasoned thoughts, plotless.

---------- Post automerged at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

not alignment indicative