1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I think his (cobalts) posts were coming from a place of 'what would I do as town' rather than actually town.

2. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I think I'd safely put zen, pie, and reg in my town reads. They all look like they're actually trying to work out who's who and all that. Was tempted to claim that reg's leading the charge on me could have been scum going for the easy target and then saying in all fairness I could have been town when I get lynched and revealed as town, but I can acknowledge that my posts thus far haven't been stellar.

I want to like Jan, Vaimes and Acion.

Still don't like Stanari's fonti vote. Still seems retarded.
    Regfan Why is dC second on your list?

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Will give the fable reason, but not now. If I forget to give it on my own, just remind me to do so later (24 hours from now sounds about right).

Plotless read is ok and I thought he might be scum, but I want more content. It is his second game and the other one was a good while ago.

I feel confident in getting a solid townread on him if he is town and I am not in a hurry just yet.

The reasons to like Q is purely because I played scum with him and know what he played like in his 2 last scumgames.
    His towngame would be easy to fake as scum, and therefor I am not going hard on that read and want to let it play out before actually deciding on what to do or think.

4. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Vote: Stanari

5. blab

blab Second Year

So Cobalt's town game is more abrasive than his scum one, in your opinion?

6. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I'm at page 18. I'm conflicted on Fable. I dislike pretty much his entire interaction with Zenzao, with the singular exception that his point about Zenzao having almost the entire game as town in #346 resonated with me a little bit. Plus at this point it occurs to me he's spent most of the game just focusing on two scum reads, which seems rather narrow-minded for this stage of the game.

I feel like I need to actually sit down and fact-check DC's catchup, because just looking at it I do not get a town sense from it - catchups like that are generally very easy to fake in my experience, and his scum reads are mostly just consensus reads.

I think that Zenzao's end of the Fable interaction is a town player under the same syndrome I always get - getting caught up thinking scum reads on you are ridiculous and that it's impossible anyone would hold them as town. (I don't think Fable looks town from it but I generally do not think it's anywhere near as much of a slam-dunk Zenzao does, and stuff like the bit about the fonti vote doesn't resonate at all)

I don't have any experience with Q, but I don't really think Q's play fits the "comments on nice-sounding things" image a lot of people have brought up for him in the thread.

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Less, actually.

8. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    To be clear, the last sentence is his scum image (meaning I think he looks town for it). Also, as of this page, Plot's primary scum read still being Stanari (a pretty consensus read) for something she did quite a while ago, and not really displaying any further thought process about the read at all, is not something I am OK with.

---------- Post automerged at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

Also I agree Plotless probably is not Plotinus Regfan; .

9. blab

blab Second Year

But Cobalt fools himself inte thinking he has to up his abrasiveness to match his townself as scum?

10. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I'm definitely not Plotinus

11. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I don't understand why fonti wagon is still a thing. Am I wrong in assuming it was mostly a lol-wagon artifact from the early game? If not I want explanations from those people on the wagon (minus Fable who already gave one).

---------- Post automerged at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

*If so. /10char

---------- Post automerged at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------
    Plotless; do you have any opinion at all of any of Stanari's posts since her fonti vote a while back? Do you have any other scum reads?

---------- Post automerged at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

Also does anyone here know if this level of activity is usual for Waco? I suspect he's scum who is unsure how to generate passable content and lurking the game out.

12. blab

blab Second Year

The rules forbid you to question 52, pienyan

---------- Post automerged at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

post number 52, to be clear

13. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Oi I missed that. Sorry.

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Plotless - I explained my DC town read in the top of Post #375. I'll ditto Pies question about your thoughts on Stanari's other posts, would also an explanation behind the comment of "I want to like", does that mean you're not actually town reading them or it's just a weaker read.

Jan - Cool, I'll remind you about Fable this time tomorrow if you've not gone over it then. And meh, your Q read is entirely meta based then which is a path I don't really want to go down right now, kind of struggling for actual strong scum reads.

@Pie - I don't think Wacos activity is a hugely alignment indicative thing, he was scum in Owners Marketplace and played a pretty solid D1 before he had to replace out and he didn't decrease in content there until he got sick. He was vig-shot last game in WH8 because of a decrease in activity among a few other reasons and he was town there so wouldn't read too much into it, I've liked what he's posted so far anyway.

---------- Post automerged at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

I really dislike everything about Kai's reasoning on Cobalt here.

15. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I agree on Adult's #364 being town, and on second thought his point about Zen resonates with me quite a bit. Will wait to see how this goes.

@Reg: I've pretty rapidly stopped caring about the activity stuff after seeing it was related to RL. I do still think his first few posts while he were here were pretty weak, though. What do you think of my point in #282?

16. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Hold on, are you saying Q's current behaviour is:
    - Not how he played as scum in his last 2 scumgames
    - Not how he usually plays as scum
    - How he usually plays as town
    - Some combination of the above?

17. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Regfan; I also think it's pretty dangerous to town read people because "their reasoning for Cobalt-town" resonates, since *if* I assume Cobalt is town for a bit, echoing a town read on a player who seems to be being read as pretty transparently town (and has meta to back it up) is free as scum.

I largely am referring to your DC read with this (the part about his catchup; I'd have more to say but he's someone who I want to give a more in-depth look at and I haven't done it yet), but it's also intended as a general point.

18. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

pienyan

I don't know if it's just a playstyle thing, but Stan's posts are filled with her commenting-on-something-but-not-really

In response to
    When reg asks her about it, we get
    and

Maybe it's just stan's style to play in this passive agressive I-am-reading-everything role, but it feels more like bluster to me.

Regfan Just a weaker read.

19. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I don't really have paranoia of Reg atm. So that's nice.

For the record, I saw some talk about Regfan handing out town reads "easily". To my knowledge this is just something he does and it isn't something I'm questioning until later when people have a more solid body-of-work, he's generally of the mindset to just call out town posts immediately and if later posts are problematic, no issue with reevaluating. I got in this huge tunnel fight with him in an offsite game once in no small part because I called him out for this . . .

Acio is someone I need to reread too because I didn't notice anything that was clearly "off" about his later posts like I did with his original posts.

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I understand what you're saying in that post just merely disagree with the conclusion, I don't think Waco not taking very hard stances very early on is an indication that he's scum; for instance I think the way he goes about describing your read on Cobalt and his own read on Q inside Post #233 read kind of towny, super super weak read though and not one we're going to get a lot from discussing.

Noted. That said for me it's less about the particular read in general and more about the reasoning or the way they got to that read and I find DC"s reads very genuine, I've read along his post while reopening the thread and following along and like how it flows, I'm sure you're planning on doing this too so maybe talk more about him at a later time, I'm heading to bed soonish.