1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If he was on FS, then I think we played together in WH3. If not then no.

---------- Post automerged at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Because it is surface level. I was originally going to just leave an updated wall of where the players were rather than offer any thoughts, and then I figured I might as well get what thoughts I did have down and see if I'm still of the same opinions or if they've shifted overmuch during and after the re-reading, where I can highlight posts directly for a point I may be trying to make.

2. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Lol I just remembered that game.

Replaced in and got murdered because I accidentally made scum think I was acolyte.

3. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Regfan, can you expand onto your Plotless read for me?

Interesting responds to pressure with a bad OMGUS.

How do I know you're reaching for this? Look at the time stamps. Most of my previous posts came in the opening hours, no duh they're light on content.

But for reference, here are a couple of my recent town-games, judge for yourself.

TH7: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=35441

Mountainious: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=35841

I like this post from Jarizok. The reads are ok-ish, but more importantly, it just feels genuine. The progression and train of thought makes sense while simultaneously containing the seed of paranoia you expect from town.

#320 Jan: Just kinda reminds me again how nondescript Jan's been for me so far in here.

I like this post from Quiddity for a couple of reasons. Firstly, he opens with basically taunting Jarizok over SVM, which I don't see as something that fits with scum!Q at all (for those not in SVM, Q played a brilliant scum game en route to a win, while Jarizok basically committed suicide via mislynch to add credentials to a lynch he believed in on Fontisian, which was incorrect).

Additionally, his tone in regards to reads and discussion are good, and perhaps as important are missing some of the cues I've noticed from scum!Q

My dislike for Plotless there comes from a couple of things. Firstly, that Cobalt/Stanari reads just feels so... convenient, given they'd both taken heat for that reasoning and other stuff in thread prior to that, and Plotless doesn't add anything to the read other than that.

2nd, and you alluded to this, if you say there are better lynches that Cobalt and Stanari could have pushed for, and then don't mention who those are? Why are those other players better lynches, if you don't see fit to mention them. Better lynches, or just more convenient for your team?

I disagree with you about Plotless' thought on you, from the standpoint that he accused you of, tunnelling? I just think that's a fair distance from really scum-reading you, and he admits that in the last sentence.

TBC...

4. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Correction on my part, since I still have the thread bookmarked in my 3DS, it was WH11 not 3. But I do believe you played that game with me.

---------- Post automerged at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

EBWOP: And by 'that game' I mean WH11. I know I've seen you somewhere before DLP.

Ninja'd by Waco. Interesting thought process regarding pienyan.

5. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Disagree on Zenzao. I remember his battles with Titus/mathblade back in Narutomafia, so him going off on people doesn't really ping my radar anymore. He's not someone to stay quiet when people don't react they way he expects they should.

And speaking of that reverse!wall gambit, damn DLP is where wall gambits go to die right? Between last game and this one? Anyway...

I agree with Acio, have had a decent vibe on him so far, albeit he hasn't been a focus yet for me.

Think your Vaimes paranoia at the end of the post is better than your town!read up top. I'm not seeing the town!Vaimes I'm used to yet.

Just no on the pien read. Firstly, her first post was admittedly pre-written, so saying "I don't think she does that as scum" is dumb. Secondly please tell me what she's done to make you say town. It's not there.

First of all, you can't ask that.

Secondly: Thanks for calling me incompetent. Surely going back to owner's market D1 could easily disprove that...

Thirdly Post #52

I'm a little curious though. Given you've claimed to have gone over my iso here, and earlier in your post on me, how did you miss #52? Or are you just assuming low post count = lack of content?

As I said in response to the other post, no duh my opening posts in RVS territory were low content, and water is wet. The #282 case is laughable, and goes right into my theory you're shooting for easy scum reads rather than actually scum hunting

Vote: pienyan

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @DC - I can vouch that Fable did take D1 slower and do the same sort of thing re; not overly using his vote in the early stages of the day phase in WH8 where he was town, don't think that's alignment indicative for him. I also think he's a player that relies more on 'live interactions' then reading through the thread so I think he'll naturally come across as reactionary at times. All that said I don't really have a read on him yet so shrug?
    Stanari - Is there a particular reason that you wanted a scum game from DC over everyone else?
      Jarizok - Would love an explanation behind your Adult scum read.

Continue to like Adults posted reads and thoughts like his Post #467 and his questions directed to Fable in Post #475 combined with his thoughts on Blab despite disagreeing with it.

I like the way that Blabs going about attempting to solve the game inside their reads post in Post #470. The Adult town read explanation inside Post #479 is really really good as is the read on Kai. Also find his phrasing behind the Zenzao and Waco reads to read very town.

Liking Pie's Post #480, it fits very much how I know of her to approach the game as town, still far from confident that she's actually town her. Also like most of her reads inside Post #508 although really would like her to get around to reading DC and commenting more on him then.

Not really a fan of Q's tiers in Post #481, the exclusion of DC & Myself and the later statement we're both in null combined with some of the reads like Vaimes/Kai/Blab and the continual 'joke' about him putting himself in his scum reads doesn't sit well.

I like that Vaimes had the same reaction towards Q's reads as I did.

I'd take it pretty happily, otherwise I'd be pretty comfortable with Jan getting one given I think he's town and his reads line up pretty nicely with mine, outside of him maybe DC or Blab?

Wasn't sure if we were allowed to outright state this but apparently we can, mentioned it here;

At work but will finish catching up shortly.

7. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Hey waco what's your opinion on zenzao promising several times to go back through my stuff? I think most of the active contingent of the game has given me some level of townread at this point, do you think they go for that as scum?

---------- Post automerged at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Sorry I meant Pienyan promising to go back through not zenzao

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Quiddity can you explain your read on at least two of the following: pienyan, fontisian, jarizok, blab, acio

9. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Okay so the thing about Zenzao's "surface level" read of Acio's behaviour is it's an interesting contrast to pie's read, which is less favourable and more how I expect people who don't know Acio to read his early behaviour (sidenote: I think pie is still meh on acio at this point, and actually pienyan have YOU played a game with Acio before?)
    Regfan - Alright. I am going to leave my vote on Fable for now, but that sounds like he should go in the "investigate later" bucket with Vaimes and (kind of) Quiddity.

Waco read dings for what reads like an OMGUS on Pie, because I think the accusation she's going for easy scumreads rings false to me (she's been critical of several people who are consensus town, such as myself and Acio). Might shop my vote over there when I have more time to consider.

---------- Post automerged at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

EBWOP: Oh and actually lemme piggyback on Acio's question b/c pie said she'd go back through MY stuff as well. I was assuming the not having done that was just preoccupation at this point, but if there's something interesting there there might be something interesting with my end of it as well.

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hey, Fable! Hey!
    Gratz for winning the final 3 in the champs game!

That is in part why I am reading him town here btw.

His play seems so far similar to last game, but in addition to last time around he had a f3 going on and was doing more in thread work in this game than over there.
    And that other game was his champs game no less.

I know there is some dirt to that read, and I really didn't want to mention it before the champ game ended. Honstely I thought he might be scum (in the champs game) when f3 started and he was not focussing all his visible attention on that game.

You should not give Fable a ride or die for this, but his play in itself is very similar to last time as well.
    I am fine with going for him if I see logical mistakes down the line or anything similar, but I don't problems with his playstyle are a valid reason to go for his head.

---------- Post automerged at 03:32 ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 ----------

Vote Jarizok

11. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I don't love it especially with the reasoning around it changes each time it's posted.
    Which does seem a little like she's trying to hedge the read without really justifying it, which I don't love.

That said, the 2nd post does imply so RL issue delaying the re-read, and I might be biased after scum!Vira used a similar delaying tactic on me last game.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Vote Jarizok

Voting isn't easy ...

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Okay so like first of all reading me based on that really godawful first night is not a great idea, I was overtired and basically batshit out of my mind but I mean I stand by most of what I posted so far so if your disagreement is on tone then you might wanna give me a chance to post some more rationally.

There's nothing I can say by debating every tiny little point with you - other than that I know that my posts come from my honest examination of the thread because I know that I'm town. You don't have that luxury, so you have every right to be suspicious.

What I can say is that the contrast between shitposting and making serious reads is just a dichotomous thing that was necessary for me to do early in this particular D1? Because like, not everyone was shitposting, but there was a lot of joking around and half the reads weren't even serious so I was trying to ride that vibe but then got shit for it so actually had to mix in semi-serious reads there too. Idk, it's hard to explain my mood that night, it's kind of a blur.

Anyway. Moving on.

14. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Also from that third post, but unrelated

Isn't this exactly what I said when I pressed you earlier. But I was scummy for saying it... Hmmm

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'm super early in this catch up so please bear with me.

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Maybe I missed it in my catch up, but can you talk me through the Quiddity read, because I think he's been fairly town so far

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Well, my natural state of conversation is incoherent, emote-laden, chainposting word vomit, so part of this is me trying not to get mud all over Newcomb's carpet. Self-censoring tends to screw with how I play. I'd sort of like you to explain this more though because it's interesting.

Environmental things tend to interfere with me a lot. Contrast that MU game Fable mentioned with basically any game on my homesite (town or scum).

If it wasn't already clear, I am the kind of person who jumps on wagons in order to jump on wagons.

That said, I'm not really sure I follow. You're saying that I was trying to disguise the fact that I was voting fonti deliberately? What constitutes a deliberate vote? Why is voting deliberately scummy?

How so?

First quote: that was a very real question.
    Third quote: lol, it's true, and it's a misunderstanding I'd prefer didn't grow.
    Fourth quote: translation - "hmm" means "this is an interesting quote and I'm thinking about what it means".

I feel like you're misrepping me in the snipped portion of this post, since Reg asked me nothing and "Hmm" wasn't in response to any questions.

Side note: I find it at least a little curious that you called me Stan, since I've noticed people don't usually call me that unless they've seen someone else do it.

That game, while a wonderful example of just how bad my townplay can get when I'm feeling alienated, isn't a great example of my play under normal conditions.

This is a sorta intuit-y read but I kind of like this post.

Sadly I don't have any example scumgames in a similar headspace (technically they exist but uh, complicated). Actually it's just really hard to find example scumgames at all.

I actually kind of want to say that if I were scum I'd be having fewer issues with this game but also my offsite scumgames have mostly been "hide in hole, pray town ignores me", so who really knows.

Once upon a time, people actually thought I was a decent town player (perish the thought, I know). Then I spent all of DSD flailing around like a neurotic Magikarp.

The end.

---------- Post automerged at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

I wanted to see whether faking the kind of posting he is doing is in his scumrange. Specifically dC because that's my strongest townread and I know I'm a sucker for tone.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm honestly surprised at the number of jas Jan has gotten.

Like sure, I'm okay with him, but the read is incredibly squishy and not at all worthy of giving him firepower, as much as he'd love it.

---------- Post automerged at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------
    Stanari

Who cares about Newcomb's carpet. If you can shine, let it happen.

19. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

My dislike for Pien goes back to my #233, and her reaction to it, which I called out.

20. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Oi, this is just as mind-numbing as I'd remembered from ISOing in MM. I hate to do this when I already haven't accomplished much for the day but I'm putting things on hold until I do get some long sleep instead of just another few hour session.