1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Do we now?

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Page 13:

After reading a few more posts and seeing that this wall is backwards, it kind of intrigues me that Zenzao didn’t actually elaborate very much here?

------

Page 14:

Blab: Cobalt’s fonti vote was bad. Stanari’s fonti vote was bad.
    Also blab: *votes fonti*

Me: ....

blab’s explanation was dumb as hell too. Dislike.

------

Page 15:

diiiislike.

What part of leave Stanari alone do you people not understand? q.q

There’s a catchup post from Stanari on this page that I really like, #289

On further reading I think Zenzao’s weird wall gambit is town-indicative, anyone have any meta that says otherwise?

Drag him, lmao

but like in all seriousness this seems like a genuine question from Quiddity with good pressure so I like it a lot.

I’ll take one of each, thanks.

Quid and Fable can play with the adults while Kai and blab can sit at the kid’s table.

Oh, this was @ Zenzao. Never mind.

As Zen said, good to know.

------

Page 16:

#301 from Jarizok is yucky. Vaimes says stuff like his opening post all the time when he’s town, I disagree with everything he says about Regfan because I’m mindmelding with him, and he’s saying things scream scum that are NAI in any scenario.

Just... no. Even the recognition of “going down the tunnel hasn’t worked for me in the past” is dumb because it’s like he’s trying to deliberately say “I’m tunneling because that’s what I’ve done when I’m town” and it just feels all different kinds of gross and icky.

Scum read on Jari.

Ooh.

This flipflops my Adult lean.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I would like to think so, yes.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Also I just checked last page and mid-catch up I very much disagree with voting Quiddity, get gud Von

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Stanari, I think the issue with your vote on me isn't so much that you're voting to vote, it's that you should probably have an actual have a real reason to vote someone by now, or a reason you don't. So, sticking with an rvs pressure vote (on someone who doesn't really feel pressure from votes, though you couldn't have known that in advance) makes it look like you're not really using your vote to gamesolve.

Unless I missed you unvoting, which is actually pretty likely, heh.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Maybe I should actually read what Jari has done, but I feel like he is attacking people that scum are less likely to attack because he is scum (Vaimes and Miner)

I am fairly certain that is something he would do as scum. I think I remember that he wanted to somewhat reinvent himself as either alignment.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It's okay, I know you like townreading mafia sometimes. It happens.

8. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Question: Do you think this indicates Quiddity/Plotless as coaligned scum? If so, is there a reason you favour lynching Quiddity over Plotless? If not, why not?

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Not true.

I voted just within the last hour or something myself.

You can have a RVS vote for a long time without it being indicative of anything.
    Or not vote for that matter. Depends on the playstyle.

Having an old vote on someone can be bad but that is circumstantial.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

But it's not an RVS vote, it's a pressure vote. An rvs pressure vote would be different.

11. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

His push on Plotless was good, especially in that you could see him being open minded about it rather than feeling like he was locked into a read.

The incredulty of #499 & 503 amongst other feels genuine to me.

The biggest thing comes down to tone. He has a bunch of posts that feel almost glib. I've given a bunch of examples of posts I think are never scum!Quiddity, and tone in the others kinda seals it. The scum!Quiddity I remember was very aware of looking town, heavy reasoning all around. Here we have posts like #219 & #509, and a naked wall at #481 with the #501 indicating it's as much thinking out loud. Doesn't mesh with scum!Quiddity to me

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Page 17:

Lol, this entrance.

I feel like Kai has been SUPER noncommittal so far and I don’t like it one bit.

And that has nothing to do with the fact that he would lynch me, who is town, Quiddity, who I think is town, or Jarizok who I’d also be okay with lynching.

His reads are all over the place and I don’t think it comes from a natural or organic PoV.

-----

Page 18:

the basically cavalier way that Kai is going “you can’t have elaborations on my reads” is fucking dumb and no way to play the game at all if you’re town

dC’s #351 me noooo likey

Mainly because of his Q read.

Mainly because he’s arriving at all the opposite conclusions that I have when presented with the same things. If I reached my conclusion coming from a town mindset then I think it’s a stretch that someone who is also town comes to the exact opposite conclusions on Q.

Idk. Maybe he’s just super wrong.

But the fact that he also scumreads Jarizok is decent and the fact that he scumreads Vaimes is spicy.

Acio’s #355 is an AWFULLY opportunistic vote on Quid considering it looks like he only made it since dC voted there, but I don’t know if the vote itself is AI.

-----

Page 19:

Fable is super good for completely putting me off the table until I get back w/r/t Zenzao. But I don’t think Zen is inherently scummy because I think the fact that he wanted to see more content from me at all means he’s willing to adjust his reads which is an important part of a town mindset.

Adult’s #364 is dumb.

l m a o

-----

Page 20:

Stanari’s #387 is really good, a followup to a previous question asked that warrants an answer because it looks like she’s trying to get a feel of whether or not Kai is scum for that vote.

Thumbs up. I feel good about defending her early now, lmao.

Why though?

Like it makes it super hard for me to townread you in this situation because the only reason why town Vaimes would be opposed to town Cobalt and town Regfan feeling like the other is town is if you weren’t town Vaimes.

So idk, you’re sliding closer to null.

#399 lol, so okay. Regfan and I are now w/w to you. Good to know.

I’m disliking Vaimes more and more as I read on.

-----

Page 21:

blab questioning Kai is weird and looks like faking an interaction.

yeah no Kai is just really awful this game and I don’t like him one bit.

-----

Page 22:

Plotless @ Stanari is a godawful trainwreck only because of his other reads.

Putting Regfan as town and then not mentioning me in relation to Regfan at all is extremely dumb and it’s like he purposely doesn’t want to mention / townread me.

Page 23:

Okay so blab actually voting Kai is super interesting and makes him a bit less scummy imo. But not by much.

Lol, he ruined it.

Kill with fire.

---------- Post automerged at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

The amount of time it took me to realize Adult was Miner is literally shameful, omg.

13. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Heading off to work, night all!

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

me
    town
    leantown
    null
    leanscum
    scum

Cobalt

Regfan
    Fable
    Quiddity
    Jan
    Stanari

dC
    Miner
    Zenzao

Waco
    Acio

Vaimes
    pienyan

Plotless
    Kai
    blab
    Jarizok

Lynch: Jarizok

15. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I think it's fair to ask if you actually read any of my posts last game cobalt.

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This is super condescending and you're trying to act like you're your normal town self, I get it, but nah. Cut it.

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

You're literally accusing me of what I accused you of.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'd try and explain why I think you and Reg's early townreads on each other suck, but it requires too much reading.

Suffice it to say but "you're scumreading me so you're scum" is not one of your better reads.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Looked over the Jari iso and feel good about the vote.

I mean .. he said 29 hours ago that he would spend today finding town.

And he got a slight townlean on Fonti after someone directly asked him for a read on her. That is all so far.

I don't know his play feels somewhat phoney so far?!

I don't believe the Vaimes tunnel and the adult scumread is empty as well (to be fair that was only his last post and he didn't go into any details there).

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

And your entire scum section are the game's LHFs. :/

---------- Post automerged at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:14 ----------

And the only logical explanation for me not buying your townread on Reg is because I'm not town? No other reason could possibly exist? Really?