1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

He didn't put fonti in there.

He removed her from any of his worlds.

Cobalt Did you ban Fonti from your mind?

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I literally never cross-check readslists with the livelist so I never catch these things, oops.

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I went over the two Waco posts that I'd linked above and I...don't really like them, the reasoning behind pushing Pie feels fairly weak and the sheer lack of detailed stances or commentary on the huge influx of posts and information between his catch ups isn't great. Not feeling good about my town read there anymore.

I'm pretty conflicted on Quiddity, I can follow and understand a large part of the reasoning behind Acio's scum read on him and had he been a different player I'd have considered moving to join given there's a few posts and reads of his I really don't like and I tonally aren't reading him as town. But he (And Fonti) are players I'm now pretty cautious reading in the super early game and aren't really confident enough here to consider lynching him D1 when I know the meta difference between his scum/town play. I'm mostly going to play a "Wait and decide" type stances on him.

I actually don't mind Jans scum read on Jarizok at all, I thought that some of Jarizok's reasoning behind scum reading Vaimes was decent and that his attitude re; "Not fully tunneling" was decent at the time but the follow up of "Finding town" to him just..not doing anything at all is pretty bad and I still find some of his earlier posts awkward.

Cobalts catch ups so far are strengthening my town read there.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I disagree.

You accusing me of being more aggressive was manufactured and based off one night of exhausted shitposting.

Me accusing you of being aggressive isn't saying you're scum BECAUSE you're aggressive, but it's because of a complete lack of willingness to be open with the rest of the players. The aggressiveness is just a level of anti-town negativity that so far nobody likes.

So yeah.

---------- Post automerged at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

LMAO oops I had her in null-tier on word and cut her when I was pasting

---------- Post automerged at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Accurate w/r/t fonti

This is why it annoys me to make my catchups / readlists in word and not in a post on DLP but it fucks with my head to keep too many tabs open.

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Just imagine me making vague and frustrated choking noises and not explaining anything and that will sum up the incoming post pretty well.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I rarely cross check, sometimes I just get lucky.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I cross-check but I also plug the names into all the color codes for a readslist so if I lose my place I'll skip on accident.

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

So many dirty things to say and so little time to enjoy the sunrise.

9. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I don't think I'll be sold on Cobalt's alignment for a long time but the catchup feels pretty dang town.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Take your time bby.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

fontisian

I have a fun project for you.

Read me. Try it!
    Don't say that all I have done is worth nothing and I could go either way.
    I have given reads, asked questions and made fun of people.

See if you agree or disagree with any of them and give reasons if you disagree.

I know asking people for their reads on me is actually interesting because there is someone out there who is scum and does not actually have a good reason for it, but if that was the case then you would have poked them directly.

The way you did it scum can just lay back let town give a read and sey "what he says".

Sooo ... walk the walk so we can talk the talk afterwards. No hurry, just do it before d1 ends.

Thank you.

---------- Post automerged at 05:43 ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 ----------

Why is that?

Do you have a history of fucking up your Cobalt read?

12. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I think cobalts acio, vaimes and blab reads are scum tier bad.

Also that's a really overblown response to what I said: In essence I accused him of emulating / acting out his town game, which he mirrored back at me and then he goes to post all this other stuff??

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I am somewhat familiar with Cobalt's meta and I know he's the kind of player I tend to townread emotionally and reflexively.

---------- Post automerged at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Since you're here I'd like to make sure I follow: you think Cobalt is scum because he's overexaggerating his aggression in an attempt to match his naturally aggressive towngame?

14. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    These are his plotless posts/case:

Plotless actually answers his question to them in between the last two of those:

There isn't open mindedness or whatever you're claiming to see here. He asks if they're new, asks for reads, hardens his stance and then much later drops it with barely any comment to go to fable with zero case. The last post indicates he still finds plotless suspicious but doesn't do any followup on P's barely-an-answer to his question.

This isn't townplay.

15. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Still at work so not super engaged, but I'd actually completely forgotten about Jarizok while chasing up everyone else.

Probably because he has failed to say anything that stuck out to me while I was doing that. Which me no likey.

#468 says it's due to lack of time, but is also gross unsubstantiated shade throwing without a vote to back it up. (Side note: I don't have time to check votals right now but the Stanari wagon looks real interesting especially RE: Plotless/Blab's positions on it in #469 particularly)

Okay yeah and my initial catchup pointed out a bunch of stuff but then I got distracted chasing after Quiddity and Fable, both of whom now look more like "examine later in the game" candidates (see also: Vaimes)

Also two of my townreads hopped on Jarizok recently.

Anyway in summary and conclusion, Lynch: Jarizok

Would probably accept a Plotless or Kai "short but pointless posts" DASH lynch at this stage as well. Would prefer to leave Q/Fable/Vaimes/font until tomorrow, mostly since other people who know them better seem to think this is a good idea and that's good enough to leave off for D1 at least.

---------- Post automerged at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

EBWOP: Acionyx: I kind of asked this before, but given you're scumreading Q for weird behaviour around Plotless, how do you think knowing Q's alignment would affect your Plotless read? (And vice versa; I basically want to know what you think they say about each other at this point in the game. Is Q's behaviour bussing or throwing shade at a townie and bailing when it fails to get traction?)

16. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Since I've seen a few people make this error, what I meant was how insulting he was being (word I used was 'abrasive').

He sometimes did it in previous games, but in posts early this game it was almost comical in frequency.

So it was absolutely a (weak) meta read/commentary, but I see no reason to change course based on anything that's happened since.

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Cobalt white-knighting me has escalated from "okay that's nice if a little odd" to "sheds a single tear".

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    dichotomousCreator
    Cobalt
    Vaimes
    blab

Jan
    Zenzao
    Acionyx
    Adult

fontisian
    Pienyan
    Fable

The Waco Kid
    Quiddity

Stanari
    Jarizok
    KaiDASH

Plotless

Blue and Green are mostly un-ordered, everything else I'm pretty happy with the placements. Will dump a few explanations when I get home re; some of those reads, if anyone wants me to go into a particular one (Other than Jan & Plotless which I'm already intending on) then feel free to ask.

19. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    I still kind of read it as mildly likely teammates; the timing of Q getting more aggressive follows up with me talking about him giving them softballs and then he drops them for someone he's built no case for. I can see that as easy distancing especially with the lack of followup; playing nice with a new town player for a few points is easy but it's like he shoved them away as soon as attention was being paid to their interactions.

I wouldn't be unhappy with a plotless lynch either, vOv.

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Hmm, alright.