1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Would like to know more about waco.

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Well as far as I can tell (?) you're the only one who thinks I'm trying to hide. Everyone else is voting me for something about RVS votes or something, which, kind of, lol.

Do tell.

Translation: I am very flattered by invites to play offsite and prefer to respect my hosts by attempting to at least sort of assimilate.

You realize that I was talking about meta, right? I didn't even know it was possible to talk about meta in a way that sounds shady.

That's sweet of you but also a little unsettling.

I do have an actual reason to vote you, however vaguely intuited it is. I'm kind of getting bored of your wagon though.

This does not seem to match my perception of the LHF in this game.

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Stanari - Hope that's not the big 'wall catch up' you stated you were working on.

This one I can do now; I liked his stance re; Cobalt inside Post #233 and the section where he agrees with Q's reads but not the reasoning and is contemplating what that actually means feels like him attempting to decipher his alignment. I find his read and reasoning behind voting Pie in Post #545 and him to be doing a lot of what he's accused Pie of doing (re; looking for easy scum reads) and the fact that ~1/2 of the playerlist goes unmentioned by him inside his posts isn't a good look. I also find his town read on Q for toan in Post #574 difficult to grasp given I have the exact opposite stance on Q's toan this game.

4. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That makes sense @dC

Interesting.

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Regfan
    What?

If you're looking for the wall spanning most of today, I posted that hours ago.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yes of course.

Let me get your original quote again to tell you what I mean :

1. you admit that scumgames that are similar to this game exist, which leaves you open to be scumread for your meta, without having actual proof for or against it.

2. you give a shady non-reason for not linking a game of that kind because "complicated". Again easy opening to get pushed for.

3. You are having vague excuses about not having scumgames that people could take a look at.
    Another easy opening for people to attack you for.

I don't think you or most people would leave themself that vulnerable when making a reaction post like that.
    The first one is like .. if you know you played scum in a similar way before, but you also know no one else here knows about that game, then you could just not talk about/lie about it.
    No one would even care, esp because you are not linking to a game on another board here anyway.

There are a lot of different ways to address this as scum and you picking one that makes you look vulnerable/bad when no one here would be able to follow up on it .. just makes very little sense for scum!you.

7. Quiddity

High Score:
    Regfan, what reads am I supposed to have on Kai?

Also, phone post. It happens.

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

I can't believe you and Vaimes are melding over this. He had no elaboration beyond the kai thing, and we were xposting so he was definitely around.

---------- Post automerged at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Melding a lot with Waco, in what I think is a towny way? Especially the Plotless comment, where we had different impulses initializing but reached the same conclusion.

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Okay, thanks. I follow.

9. Quiddity

High Score:
    Cobalt : when possible, please edit down posts you quote so it doesn't hog the page. Kthanxbye.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Bitch I do what I want.

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Hi Quiddity! What's the most interesting thing that's happened so far in this game?

12. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

hi Q,

what issue exactly do you think Vaimes and Regfan had with your read wall? Answer for each separately, if necessary.

13. Quiddity

High Score:
    I don't think Jarizok's been in the thread since then?

And I actually didn't read that as scummy. I read it as SVM!Jarizok, and the way he was edging around avoiding being tunnely felt like learning from it, as did the mildly Mathblade!y conspiracy theory. Plus, the Regfan thing sounded vaguely worthwhile. To go through the others:

Plotless never responded to me, and has been very inactive throughout. I've not dropped him.

Pienyan gave explanations for the behavior that I found suspicious. I don't really accept those, but I'm not going to keep hammering away at a minor point. To continue for a wider read: nothing specific has jumped out at me from his walls, but I don't really trust them. They don't really feel like they come from a towny place, trying to solve.

More broadly: I react to the thread as it goes by, often in retrospect. I've been very busy the past few days (helping a friend move which went long, ended up crashing with his fam), so I've had less time to consolidate. But I wouldn't really change anything that I've done: I'm not in a space or position where I feel like cases help, I'm still absorbing reads (hence the true null on a number of players, notably blab) and formulating a framework around which the game fits.

KaiDASH, this post should also answer your question.

14. KaiDASH

Not in the slightest.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Q, I'll answer your question re; my concern with your reads post and the Kai placement after you've responded to Kai's question and I don't consider your most recent post an answer there.

...That was kind of underwhelming, lets try this then; If you had to pick 4 players to kill and make sure you hit at minimum 2 scum who would you pick and why?

16. Quiddity

High Score:
    Not caught up, but popular.

Hmm. Zenzao's reads and reaction therein took up the most oxygen, but I wasn't interested in that conflict.

Cobalts ban was big, but not particular game-centric.

I'd probably say dC's entrance. Perhaps that's conceited, as a bit of it was directed at me and I needed to respond, but I feel like that reset some of the thread in a way nothing else did.

---------- Post automerged at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Different question, Kai. I'll get to that one now.

17. KaiDASH

oh right, you meant my other question.

18. Quiddity

High Score:
    Vaimes: no freaking clue. He responded re: you, which made no sense, and then dropped off.

I think Regfan felt strongly about a number of players I was indifferent to (blab, Jarizok?), and disagreed strongly on others (Vaimes, Cobalt?). I think he was surprised that we had such a different understanding of the gamestate.

Also something re: you, which again makes no sense.

---------- Post automerged at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Cobalt I wouldn't react too strongly to this. I tend to split the town on reads early, especially as town (which I'm trying to emulate). Remember my last 3 town games here (and one of my earlier generations, although idk which one) have seen pressure on me day 1.

19. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I live to underwhelm :)

Also I'm pretty tired and this question requires me to think about pairings, which I haven't paid that much mind to, so let me sleep on it? Off the top of my head it's always going to include Plotless, probably someone who's pushing Plotless...and then I need to actually check associatives to get further.

20. KaiDASH

The objection both of them had was essentially that it made no sense to place me next to most of the players that you placed me next to.

I don't even know what to make of this.