1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Hmmm, okay. blab --- In what way is Jarizok's disingenuousness today towny?

2. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Sorry, had a lot on recently, trying to catch up.

---------- Post automerged at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Am I allowed to argue that I'm too bad to be scum? Because I'll readily admit that I'm shit, but with a scum team I'd at least be told what to do.

---------- Post automerged at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

I'm simultaneously the easiest and least helpful lynch in terms of reads, too. I'm willing to die to clear things up, but all you're gonna get by lynching me is a read that I'm town and any scum who were lynching me can just say that I was acting too scummy to tell the difference.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Wait - that really worked?!

I am the best.

You can argue what you want, the question is just if people will believe you.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Yo there's like ~8 people on your wagon IIRC.

Look at them and tell me who you think is the scummiest, whether it's because of their vote on you or because of other behavior/posts in the thread.

Also, the "I'm too shit to be scum" argument pretty much never works, and it definitely doesn't work after ~19 hours of radio silence from you because there's a pretty good chance someone in scumchat could've told you to use that line of argument.

5. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Current wagon is Stanari, Reg, Font, Acio, Waco, Vaimes, pienyan, blab.

I'd probably argue Waco for scum. He starts by scumreading Reg at #233 then immediately pushes on me at #236 but doesn't actuallly put a vote on me until much later.

by #543 and #545 he's reading me, vaimes, zenzao, pie, and regfan. If he's scum, at least one of those is probably scum as well. I'd argue for reg, as he starts by scumreading him but uses him to bounce off about how I'm scum and reg then leads the vote on me so Waco doesn't look suspicious for hard tunneling me.

His reasonings for Quiddity and Fable as town is that they're scumreading me. I can't really dispute that.

He defends Quid's push on me at #750 which Acion found scummy and says that he's not looking for easy reads despite... yeah. #758 is when there's enough people on the wagon for him to vote me.

Also, very confused as to why Quid isn't voting me if he scumread me so hard early

6. blab

blab Second Year

Maybe I phrased that badly.
    I think it's possible for town!Jarizok to have bad feelings about Adult/Regfan, and then vastly overstate his reads to be more of a... "force of personality" or, to be more charitable, psych himself into thinking he has to push them hard.
    Therefore, his reads are inorganic (his description of their action somewhere between unflattering and misrepresenting), but that does not make him necessarily scum.
    I am just unsure how much I want to scumread him for it.

Can you do the same thing I did, pretend Jarizok is town and look at his miner read vs. miner's posts and see if you believe Jarizok believes his own read?

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

So unless I'm missing something, 233 doesn't show Waco scum reading Reg, and Waco is still not reading Reg in 543 or 545.

8. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I mean, I'd already kind of written off his Miner read as unfounded and thus arrived at this same conclusion since his playstyle seems to be pretty grounded (by which I mean I don't think he'd form a read like that without a reason, and yet he seems to have here because I can't really see the reasons he's talking about)

I just concluded that in conjunction with a bunch of other stuff (his wall being kind of cruddy and a classic "oh no, I'm getting attention, better engage!" move, not feeling memorable, etc) it made him scum.

9. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Wait. I'm legitimately retarded. This whole time I thought Von was reg and not vaimes.

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Jar have you even made a real case for why you think Reg is a wolf? I feel like you just pointed to a couple of his posts and said "Reg would never say this as a villager" without really explaining why.

11. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

People were referring to Vaimes as Von sometimes and I misattributed who they were referring to. I knew he'd changed his name but apparently I should have paid more attention.

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    What does that have to do with what I posted? :confused:

13. blab

blab Second Year

Idk, I could go for Jarizok.

Vote: Jarizok

14. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Miner encouraging me to tunnel is only part of my scumread on him. You arguing against me tunneling factors into my read of you even less, so I don't know what kind of disconnect you're seeing there. My scum read on Cobalts town read of you IS context and meta based. Just because you don't agree on my meta understanding of Cobalt doesn't mean I haven't considered it. I probably did ignore alternative explanations, or at least I can't remember them despite having read every post itt. As to those posts, you townreading a bunch of people but not scumreading anyone fits scum!you like a glove. Recreate last game by lynching through the PoE and then you can start dropping townreads because "someone has to be scum". You townreading Miner and Cobalt, who I'm both scumreading, makes that an obvious path to victory.

Waco feels near identical to me as last game. So either he's recreating his town persona from that game perfectly, or he's just town.

---------- Post automerged at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

His reads are fake and his tone is off. That's just throughout his posts. It's hard to argue something like this, since it's a "complete package" kind of thing that can't be captured in a couple of individual posts. I picked a couple of posts where Reg just sweeps arguments aside or laughs them off as examples of things town!Reg doesn't do. Last game, whatever flimsy argument anyone came up with, Reg would give it due consideration before making up his mind. Here he just, doesn't. At least, not for me, who he's decided isn't a necessary pocket, but rather an early lynch.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I kind of don't like this? Miner if you think stanari is being allowed to coast why have you not even addressed her once?

---------- Post automerged at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Jar I'm looking for that post with the Reg quotes now but in searching when I see things like this I'm doubting how authentic your reads are. Going from "could be town" to lock wolf just because you wanted to reset on vaimes is something that's hard for me to follow.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

??? I have... But since she essentially hasn't been around for some time now I've nothing new to say.

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you have one post directed at her this game so far? Like obviously you've said you suspect her a couple times but then why haven't you asked her anything?

18. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Dunno what to tell you mate, my mind works in mysterious ways.

I did explain that I think I'd mistakenly attributed scumminess I got from Cobalt and Reg's defense of Vaimes to Vaimes. So basically, Reg and Cobalt were posting scummily there irrespective of Vaimes' alignment, either defending a partner for the powerwolf dream, or discrediting me and getting in nice and early for the inevitable townread on Vaimes.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

My vote at the time was based off of her fonti vote being especially bad. Now I'm more concerned about the whole floaty and coasting thing, especially when she's been the top wagon at some point today.

You're right that I should poke her more, but I've kind of been looking elsewhere as well since I'd like to catch scum with more interactions/activity that can be looked through post flip. Pretty sure I've said this.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Okay Jar unless I'm super blind I don't see any posts where you pulled a bunch of Reg quotes other than 688 where you pulled ONE and said it locked him wolf but didn't say why. What did I miss?