1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm really struggling to believe that either of Reg or pie could make this fight as acrimonious as it is without genuinely believing their cases?

Well I guess there's an outside possibility that this is the world's most terrifying scum theater but I'm not drinking that wine today :))

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    You're suggesting he thought he could get V read off doing a good push on you? I mean fair but that seems kind of convoluted when he could just pretend to be villagery instead. Correct me if I'm wrong but Reg doesn't strike me as the type who would try to be fancy as a wolf.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

So, what does D1 look like?

Plotless [7]: Stanari, Reg, Font, Acionyx, Waco, Vaimes, Pienyan.
    Jarizok [7]: Jan, Cobalt, DC, Fable, Kai, blab, Miner.
    Stanfari [1]: Plotless.
    Fable [1]: Zenzao.
    Reg [1]: Jarizok.
    Kai [1]: Quiddity.

Yeah.

I...honestly don't know about Reg vs. Pie. I'd LIKE to think Reg isn't the person to say what he's said as scum, because I know he can win without resorting to painting his friend as some soul-sucking demon and legitimately getting angry/worked up over it. Likewise, I'd like to think pie wouldn't do the same.

But then font's also on the wagon, and I think she's town, so ??? that really sucks. Maybe the world isn't awful and both scum are on the Jarizok wagon.

4. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    The thing is though that because it's subjective, he can just say his opinion differs from yours if you reach the conclusion that this is out of her scum range. ESPECIALLY if he's played more games with her than you.

So you DO want us to ignore Reg/pie today, or you DON'T want us to ignore Reg/pie today? You gotta pick one, dude. If you DO then I don't think that's good, and if you DON'T then why post #1970?
    Stanari --- I have trouble buying into Pie's outrage, but Reg's seemed very much "I KILL YOU Y U NO DIE". a.k.a. consistent with scum expecting a lynch to succeed and becoming aggravated when it does not.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Though Cobalt's drop in activity is :/ :/ :/

---------- Post automerged at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Vote blab

for now

6. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I think reg's play makes sense as scum if they have two people in the town circle and / or some mechanical advantage from a role.

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Vaimes --- Any thoughts on Miner? Coaligned/anti-aligned with blab? The fact that blab and Reg both spent time trying to tie Zenzao/Jarizok together?

Also Cobalt is still town unless you think hard bus on Zenzao is what happened.

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    The words are all in the right places but this sentence does not seem to make any sense.

9. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    ...you mean, like, Reg and blab a.k.a. two people Reg has in his towncircles yesterday? (I made a note of blab being in there b/c it seemed weird...)

Or the roleblocker we know they still have?

---------- Post automerged at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Reg was mad that pie wasn't getting lynched and channeled this anger into the attack posts he made on pie.

10. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    This is the thought process I had when he first pushed me D2 (actually pretty much the exact same), but now I think there's a bit more to it than that.

I think that he pushed me thinking that 1. he'd be able to take advantage of his credibility with me to get it without much effort, and 2. that I'd just sit there and let him continue to push me and town read him for it until near or at the very end.

It's kinda a combination of those two things and it's hard to put it into words, but overall I think it is a move scum-him would do. Even if he doesn't get me lynched, from his POV, the worst that'd happen was that he gets town read for pushing me and it gets wrote off as a T/T fight. That plus the fact that I had pretty much completely frozen D1 (i.e. he had a pretty apparent reason to push me) makes it a move I think he'd take if he thought he could get away with it.

11. KaiDASH

By mechanical advantage, I meant something that tilts the numbers in their favor, like an extra kill or life.

12. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I largely agree with DC's assessment of this. I'm the one who really started to get emotional about it; Reg simply was forcing through a lynch on me. And then, when I did start to get emotional (despite this being something I never do as scum), he reacted with pretty much the most dry post I've ever seen (#1851), and continued going on his merry way scum reading me without having been affected by it at all even though he knows full well I don't get like that as scum.

13. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RWBY Mafia Votal 4.1.

Reg [1]: Pienyan.
    Miner [1]: DC.
    Blab [1]: Vaimes.

Not Voting [8]: Blab, Cobalt, Fable, Font, Kai, Miner, Reg, Stanari.

With 11 votes alive, it will be 6 votes to soft lynch and 9 votes to hard lynch.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

god I hate trying to read Miner

I'll look at his posts tomorrow

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

<3

/10char

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Ah, right, okay. Still, the Reg/blab thing is A Thing.

I could also buy Reg's play if he thought he'd managed to get locktown with enough people strongly enough to win by himself.

(Also I really WOULD like everyone to read Miner if possible, because seriously #1518 in the context of the competing Zen/Jari wagons is so bad you guys)

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

No shit I want us to sort through Reg/pie today. The longer that goes unsorted the more paranoid everyone gets.

#1970 was me bitching about it because I hate reading those massive wall posts that they had at each other and I don't want to do it.

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Alright, I can accept that. Given this and your previous statement of where you stand on the issue, why exactly aren't you voting Reg already?

19. KaiDASH

Is it correct to lynch regfan or blab first over miner? I think it probably is.

20. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I'm actually not going to say what I believe on this front yet because I want to see how people vote without a solid answer to it.

Suffice it to say, I think scrutinizing all three today is important but Miner especially so because of a relative lack of attention there on previous days and Jarizok's insistent accusations that Miner is scum.