1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I need to do a pretty hard reset on this game, was pretty certain that Jarizok was flipping scum and him flipping town there means there's a decent chance I'm looking at the game state incorrectly.

Plan on stepping back and doing some ISO's and interaction analysis when I get home. About the only reads I'm still willing to bet the game on are Vaimes/Fable/DC being town, still pretty certain that Fontisian is town too. Everyone else I need to spend time on.

Might try and catch up on todays post in my lunch break if I get the chance.

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

Because, a) I'd like to hear from him first, and b) I'd like to do a full reevaluation of the game since Jari has been my top scumread since like mid-D1. Meaning I'm going back and checking my townreads for inconsistencies, taking into consideration especially their cases/pushes on Jari. I'm also going to have to review Stanari... And then I'll get to Reg/pie and put down a vote.

The last time I was put in this situation (SVM with mal's flip), I kinda just full tilted and stopped caring and started voting someone who turned out to be the sole voice of reason for town, so I really would rather avoid a repeat.

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Miner --- You know you're allowed to CHANGE your vote, right? Usual protocol in this situation is to put down a preliminary vote WHILE you re-evaluate so that you're chipping in some pressure as well. Waiting for Regfan to turn up kind of makes me think "waiting for a good reason not to vote for Regfan", too.

Nevertheless, I think in the meantime Lynch: blab is more useful.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

I don't know what you're talking about with usual protocol, but I've definitely not been following that in all my games.

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

lynch regfan

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'm pretty sure Fables gambiting with the Gladiator claim to try and stop two of his town reads fighting for several different reasons that I don't really think is optimal to go into but in the slight chance I'm wrong would really appreciate him never activating.

Continue to dislike how Miner's approaching Pie/Myself, it's a lot of being 'overly reasonable' and seems far more for self-image than attempt at solving the game. It'd be a stance that'd make a lot more sense if he was claiming to town read the both of us but given he's not at all it doesn't make sense in the slightest and I don't find the comparison to SVM here genuine at all. His attack and reasoning on DC inside Post #1974 is equally baffling. Really want to see this wall he has been working on here.

Finding Stanari's approach to it all pretty town.

Need Cobalt & Blab to start participating a significant amount more.

@Kai - Time for you to start elaborating and talking about some reads please, including an explanation for your vote on me there since it doesn't flow naturally from your posts at all.

---------- Post automerged at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------
    fontisian - I'd like that question from yesterday re; scum team of 4/5 being standard balance around here the more likely situation? Don't really care if others don't like discussing things like this.

Vaimes - What's your thoughts on the potential for Kai/Miner here?

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

lynch: Regfan

Start talking about pie now with Jari's flip please.

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Yeah, no. That's not an answer nor does it mesh what you stated your stance on the matter was, it's just a really lazy/slimy vote thrown down. I'll talk about Pie when I'm ready and when I've done my rereading and even then contemplating the stance of putting her to the side and looking for the other scum since there's likely another 1-2 more.

9. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I think I have too many trains of thought going right now, bear with me.

Was the pie-related section of that post that I didn't get. Do you think pie's outrage is genuine or not?

10. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I do, yes. The point was that I don't think pie's meta allows the stuff Reg said she was doing, and that pie's outrage that Reg SUGGESTED it did came off as genuine.

11. blab

blab Second Year

So, I looked at/iso'd Cobalt yesterday and came out feeling not as bad as I thought I would.
    I sort of assumed that because I could see Zenzao tying scum!Jarizok to town!Cobalt I would be able to see Zenzao tying town!Jarizok to scum!Cobalt, but it sort doesn't feel that way. In fact, I lean more unaligned between Zen/Cobalt (even despite Cobalt pointing it out after Zen scumclaimed) and that interaction was before Zen's slip.
    Decent chance that all of Zen's walls are on townies. (Fable/Jarizok/Cobalt)

I iso'd Kai and the scummiest thing that's in his iso is his basically total non-interaction with Waco and barely interaction with Zen ("zenzao it says something bad about you when even I think your read on me is awful.", but then still put him as town in his D1 wall)

I looked at Regfan/pienyan and think there is a decent case that that is T/T.
    I townread Regfan generally more because of the sheer level of thought he has put in this game.
    But pienyan looks better with scum-interaction(waco) and I still find her reactions to Regfan-pressure pretty genuine. Has a couple of "eh" posts, though.

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Sorry ugh I have such a long day of work tomorrow I'll be active Friday.

13. blab

blab Second Year

The fact that Regfan<->scum-interactions doesn't point to Regfan!town fuels my paranoia but I also have mind-melded with him at times, so... I am at something like:

Vaimes
    Fable
    dC
    fonti

pienyan
    Regfan
    Cobalt
    Stanari
    Miner

Kai

I don't really have any scumreads but Kai, which is not that strong really, so I feel a little lost.

Vote: Kai

I look at this game latertoday when I'll hopefully feel a little more awake, maybe iso Miner.

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    The thing is...it's really hard to believe that scum!Reg sees you getting obviously distraught and then makes that comment.

15. KaiDASH

sad, try harder next time.

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

What the fuck.

17. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RWBY Mafia Votal 4.2.

Reg [3]: Pienyan, Kai, Miner.
    Blab [2]: Vaimes, DC.
    Kai [1]: Blab.

Not Voting [5]: Cobalt, Fable, Font, Reg, Stanari.

With 11 votes alive, it will be 6 votes to soft lynch and 9 votes to hard lynch.

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Okay, I think I have specific townreads on everyone outside Reg/blab/Miner now...

weakest ones are on Kai/Stanari? Still, a townblock of {Cobalt, Fable, fontisian, Vaimes, pienyan} is probably sufficient for now.

Ugh. I have that Cathunt feeling of completely missing all the scum.

19. KaiDASH

hi fonti.

who do you think is scum then?

bonus points for answering with anything other than "YOU."

20. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I completely disagree. If you push someone and they're clearly having an emotional reaction to it, you usually at least stop to notice it. There's at least some undercurrent of "woah. Is this person OK?" or "woah, maybe this isn't such a good idea after all".

When someone's first reaction is to spin "omg your scum play is so disgusting" or anything along those lines, on the other hand, it usually simply means their push is disingenuous - that they're deliberately ignoring it. Because they don't care. Because to them, the emotional reaction their target is having is simply an obstacle they need to force their way through to get their lynch, not a new data point to read their target or a reaction that makes them stop to wonder if everything is really OK. Because they're scum attempting to force a lynch through, not town actually thinking about the mindset their scum read's actions are coming from.

Or at least there's an overwhelming majority of people for whom that'd be a lock-scum tell. Logic-bots like Reg are the sorts of people for whom it's actually not 100%, but I mean ... the "pie is emotionally manipulative as scum" is just so far gone from anything it makes sense for town-Reg to ever think about me that I feel mostly OK saying it's disingenuous as per usual with that tell and that I shouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt about it.